Are you one of these people?

Options
1235»

Replies

• big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    I work out twice a day most days. Once I get to my target weight I'll probably scale that back but I'm impatient.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I hit between 900-1020 in my hour long cardios. I do Turbo Fire 60. When I do Turbo Fire 55 EZ it's close, between 800-900.
  • kcashwheeler
    kcashwheeler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...I usually do zumba for an hour and then go up to the gym for a bit alternating cardio with some circut machines.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Male, 173 lbs, Running 8 mi in one hour = 1000 calories.
  • Back2Becca
    Options
    Usually 1hr. on the eliptical is about 800-850 calories for me: 24yrs, 143lbs.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty heavy, and I can burn that doing cardio for 60+ minutes. I do heavy intensity - massive sweat, high heart rate, intervals - the works.

I think the folks who said it's easier to hit that the heavier you are have it right!

Yep, this. I'm still pretty heavy, so I'm burning lots of calories when I work out. I use a HRM to make sure it's as accurate as I can get it. I figure the stronger my heart gets and the more weight I lose, the fewer calories I'm going to burn in an hour, so I'm fully enjoying the burn right now, lol.

As for my 1000+ workouts, right now they're 60 minute strength and tone class and 45 minutes of c25k.
  • murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    triathlons!!! Lots of running, swimming and cycling
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When I do my long runs, like 8-10 miles, you bet I burn 1000 calories or more. But that's like once a week, I don't burn that much in your typical workout. That's an hour and a half to 2 hours of running---definitely not something I do every day!

I also burn quite a bit during my cardio kickboxing class, we're talking 700 calories in one hour. I wear weighted gloves and work my BUTT off in that class!

But yeah, as some others said, if you weigh more, you're gonna burn more calories in a set amount of time than somebody who weighs less. As I lose more weigh, I suspect my burns to decrease.
  • mollymacd1234
    Options
    i get it whenever you do any kind of workout but you are still overweight
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    Yesterday I had 927. That was a 3 mph walk (8/10 of a mile) for 110 and 1 hour of Zumba for 817. I wear an HRM and that's what it told me. After Zumba I had more calories left than what I started the day out with.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I feel so inadequate! I'm 61.4kg and a good burn for me is about 400 cals. I push myself really hard but never get over 500 cals. I don't have time for long massive workouts though so its slow and steady for me.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When I first started with my heart rate monitor, I was burning between 800 and 1000 calories in the gym... but I am also a pretty unfit 270 pounds, and that would be the combination of the warm up walk/stretch, the strength, the hour of cardio and then the cool down walk/stretch, 2 hours from walking out my front door until walking back in - gym is walking distance.

Though I usually only do 30 mins of cardio anymore and focus more on the lifting. It's more fun to me. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5 202 pounds. i can burn 800-1100 calories in a 60-70 minute session on a lifting day. lifting days i do 15 minutes on the versaclimber, then my new rules of lifting routine for 30-40 minutes, then a 15 minute treadmill session.

i generally know whether or not i'll have a big burn by the end of that versaclimb workout. on days where i've climbed over 1200 feet in those 15 minutes, I know my workout will be so awesome it will leave everyone in tears and the burn will be great (i also seem to have more energy on those days to get aggressive with the weights and have enough gas left over for a nice anaerobic sprint hiit session on the treadmill). those days i'm in beast mode like someone slipped cocaine in my water bottle. 1000 calories easy.

other days, i barely make 900 feet on the versaclimber, i take longer rests during the lifting and the post lifting treadmill session is lucky if i make it to 5 minutes run and usually turns into a leisurely stroll. 800 calories.

the only way i've had anywhere near that big of a burn for 60 minutes worth of work is during my cardio kickboxing class. that's anywhere from 600-850 calories burned
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    normal jogging for an hour I burn around 600 , an hour of death sprints with pauses the maximum I have burnt is 1059 .
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm at 113 lbs and it would take me 3.5 hours on my elliptical trainer to burn 1000 cals! LOL ... NOT HAPPENING ... but WISH I COULD!!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was burning like that before when I was bigger but not anymore since I'm small now. The bigger you are, the more calories you burn.

So true and it frustrates me because that means I have to work twice as hard.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Average 600-800 calories for a 60min session. If I did CrossFit then it'll top 1,000 calories easily in that same span of time.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Run 7 miles, bike ride 30 miles, swim a mile. Training for triathlons. Also walk two miles every weekday at lunch.
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You'e got to get a heart rate monitor (polar, etc.) and program it with your age, weight, etc.
    and the monitoring of your heart rate during your entire session is the only "real" accurate monitor