Breakfast ideas? (I need to eat!)

Options

Replies

• emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The yoplait smootie packets you can find in the frozen section are pretty easy and taste good too.
  • ChrissieCrompton
    ChrissieCrompton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Always have the same thing weetabix with hot milk, a little boring but it sets me up for the day :-) smoothies sounds like a good switch for summer, if it ever happens that is :-)
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:45am have a protein shake, then at 8:30am I have my favorite, 4 scrambled eggs (with yolks!) mixed with green peppers and onions, and a chobani greek yogurt!
  • Merideth1
    Merideth1 Posts: 19
    Options
    If your concerned with carbs watch the slim fast drinks (prepared). I used to grab one every morning for breakfast and had blood work done. My triglycorides were really high. I asked what caused and was told high carbs. That's when I started checking everything with carbs. This was only one thing that was contributing but if you love your carbs, I would watch adding the slim fast.
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Try yogurt w/ granola or fruit in it. I also eat Smart Ones English Muffin Sandwiches, they're good. Fry up an egg, top w/ fat free american cheese & avocado on a sandwich thin roll.

I make my own parfaits. Instead of granola I use Kashi Golean Crunch. Always eat mine with fruits. Its very filling!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    On weekends, I make a big batch of whole wheat pancakes or waffles and homemade turkey sausage. I freeze the leftovers and reheat it each morning during the week.
  • smifford
    smifford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Greek Fat-free plain yogurt and Barlean's Fish OIl (Mango). Total calorie count is under 200 calories.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite breakfast is 2-3 soft boiled eggs.
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    breakfast burrito with eggs man fills ya up tons of protein and lots of veggies
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 egg whites scrambled with onion and 2 oz. of some kind of meat (usually tuna, pork, or turkey), topped with a pepperjack cheese stick (sliced up, of course). Delicious and filling! Around 130-140 calories, depending on what kind of meat you use.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've been having a cup of berries topped over greek yoghurt and porridge oats, with a tablespoon of honey and sultanas drizzled over it. Very filling and sweet enough for my sugar cravings so it's a winner in my book:)
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    saving these ideas for later! YUM!
  • kensbear
    kensbear Posts: 6
    Options
    I eat one wedge of the low fat creamy Swiss laughing cow cheese spread over two slices of low calorie 7 grain bread (45 cal. Slice) sometimes with a microwave scrambled egg and a clementine.
  • adoptakalyn
    Options
    Any good breakfast ideas for a busy mom? I am so busy in the morning that I don't have time to eat. I used to just go to McDonalds on my way to work. I've been having slim fast bars or shakes most of the time, but am getting sick of them.

Have bananas and apples on hand and grab one of each. I usually take my breakfast to work and eat it there.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Eggs (I usually go for 2), a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese, and whatever veggies you like (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, broccoli) all scrambled together. So yummy! And only around 180 cals :-)

mmm, I'm gonna have to try that! right up my alley
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I eat the following

a banana smoothie made with 1/2 cup frozen sliced banana with 1/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup of egg beaters scrambled with 1/2 cup raw spinach and 1 tbsp of fat free crumbled feta cheese
    1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/8 cup blueberries
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters spinach onion peppers morning star sausage and fresh cracked pepper....sometimes a wedge of laughing cow cheese melted on top! And of course oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, breakfast bars, fruit, toast.....
  • Skye259
    Skye259 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi one morning I will do oatmeal with apple and cinnamon; next day I do a whole wheat muffin and 1 cup of fruit, third day I do a yogurt fruit smoothie, that is my routine. Hope this helps.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I eat plain oatmeal mixed with fresh berries and walnuts and a couple of eggs. I look forward to breakfast every day!
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My fav breakfast is 2 whole grain waffles with 1/2 teaspoon of creamy peanut butter on each. Then cut up a banana 1/2 on each waffle. OMGOODNESS so yummy!! I am trying to really hit the protein hard in the morning because I am lifting early in the morning.