Coffee..I need help!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Stick with what you like. Just fit it into your daily calorie and macro limits.
    ^This^
    I like it with skim milk and 1 sugar :)
    Also...I like to add cinnamon in the grounds when I brew it
    or a scoop of flavoured coffee
    extra flavour at no extra cost :)

Omg... I need to try that! Cinnamon... hrmmmm :D
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Not sure how many calories the cream and sugar your using adds up to but I was introduced to a great trick from a friend going to WW. Pour an instant chocolate packet in it. VALA...no sugar or cream needed. Great tasting chocolate coffee instantly. I still drink my coffee this way. The chocolate packets are usually from 110 to 120 calories. I know cream and sugar can surpass that amount easily depending on how sweet you like your coffee.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Home brewed coffee in my Kuerig with a dash of cinnamon and a tbsp of full fat coconut milk. (The thick creamy portion, not the watery liquid part...) Like dessert!!! Mmmmmmmmm!!
    I try to avoid sugar but if I need something sweet I use honey or stevia but that is like once every few months
  • jennifurious
    jennifurious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. If you buy great, micro-roasted coffee it will taste unbelievably great black. Find a local store that roasts their own coffee; buy a pound, and be AMAZED by the difference. You'll never go back to half and half. I drink a ton of coffee, but always black. Every once in a while, I'll splurge on a small skim latte, but never with sugar. If the coffee's good, you just don't need it.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Have it black! You'll probably get used to it after awhile! Thats how I drink mine and I enjoy it that way!

AGREED!
  • calmanza2
    calmanza2 Posts: 12
    Options
    I drink mine with Stevia and fat free half & half - delicious without the "fake" taste!

14486854.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Try adding a bit of cinnamon! It adds flavor, and fiber and only a few calories.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

When you go to the really nice local roasting company, buy some of their whole beans. Buy a bean grinder (some models are very inexpensive) Also, most good coffee houses use filtered water. If you brew your own at home, you will have coffee just like from the roasting companies, you will probably find you don't have to add as much cream/sugar. Make sure you grind the beans fresh. You don't want to grind the whole bag at one time. I use to use a lot of cream and sugar, but I grind my own beans and brew fresh at home and I only use a small amount of fat free/sugar free half and half, and I save money too!

This and I brew it in a french press. So delicious!! My husband mixes alittle chocolate protein powder in his, it helps keep him full and he gets that creamer/sweet flavor from the protein powder. But both of us are drinking alot less coffee than we used too. We don't need as much with losing weight and getting active :-)
  • BOATS52
    BOATS52 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love my hazelnut creamer ! Just switched to to the Sugar free it sucks !
  • gafrausto
    gafrausto Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have you tried coconut milk creamer...only 20 calories per table spoon and some healthy fats to boot. I have stopped drinking coffee, but use the creamer for my Teecino (coffee alternative).
  • kensbear
    kensbear Posts: 6
    Options
    I gradually cut back so not to have such a dramatic change. I now use sweet-n-low and low calorie creamer.
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Stick with what you like. Just fit it into your daily calorie and macro limits.

This is what I do. My morning coffee with my flavored creamers is something I will NEVER give up!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    after reading this thread I need an espresso!:smile:
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda and a non-dairy creamer and it's only 35 calories and I grind my own beans. Usually I use Starbucks House Blend. Good luck!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So I really need some help/advice. Ok, I am obsessed with coffee and I don't see that thing changing anytime soon but I do want to be able to cut the calories in my coffee drink. Right now I use about 2 tbl of half and half with 1-2 teaspoon of sugar....not the healthiest I know, high calories and high fat (well I could be worse). But I have been playing around with different creamers, milk and sweeteners and nothing I mean nothing tastes good! Any advice or should I just stick with what I am doing?

Would you like some coffee with that cream and sugar??? j/k .... I used to be just like that. Then, one day, no creamer so I drank it black with a teaspoon of sugar and i liked it even better. Maybe you could try putting less and less in your coffee as weeks go by.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love coffee! I used to have it like 3x/day ( 2 regular, and 1 decaf at night). Now that I'm on my weight loss thing I can't take coffee off my diet. In the morning and afternoon I'll have this:

1.5-2 tbsp nescafe taster's choice (2 cal I think)
    Truvia (0 cal) love it!
    1 tbsp Coffeemate Fat Free Creamer (10 cal)

only 11-12 cal per cup of coffee, I don't feel guilty whenever I have coffee :)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love coffee with a tablespoon of heavy cream. Lately, I have been adding 2 or 3 tablespoons of coconut milk (the stuff from the can) and it is great! Adds sweetness that regular cream does not. Plus, so satisfying.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love coffee, I cut down on sugar and then eliminated it, just do it in baby steps, you won't even need it anymore.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I used to be that person who had way too much stuff in their coffee (Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha, anyone?), but now I just have a packet of sweetener (Sweet n' Low) and a tablespoon of French Vanilla creamer (or Peppermint Mocha creamer, if I'm in a Christmasy mood, and sometimes I am even in April, haha). You seriously get used to it after a while. I would never drink coffee the way I was drinking it ever again.

I think if you just substitute the sugar for a zero-calorie sweetener, it would be a big difference in calories, but not really in taste.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    As everyone keeps saying, have it black! It helps if you choose good coffee - cheap instant will taste foul without anything in it but a nicely brewed proper coffee either in a French press or using a filter machine tastes so much better! If you can afford it, an espresso machine is even better so you can make Starbucks coffee at home :smile: but those things are expensive so probably best left to coffee nuts like me...