Anyone else with a partner who eats whatever the hell they w

Options
12346»

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    mine, and it is very hard to bring up eating healthier and exercising.. don't want her to think i do not love her the way she is, but she does need to be healthier.... any tips from the ladies (or men who have done it) on how to get a wife on board?
    My husband and I have been married for 14 years, and the first time he brought up my food addiction, I cried, but he said he would help me, and we have made most changes together (and he leaves the house to get his dbl cheeseburger and fries and cookies and cream milkshakes now). When we are home together and eating together, our meals are pretty healthy. He is my rock.
    After watching me struggle with my weight for most of our marriage, he couldn't keep his mouth shut (he doesnt do that well anyway...). What he actually said was "You have succeeded at everything you have tried since I've known you, why is this one thing so difficult for you? What is holding you back? What can I do to help?" Your wife may cry, but the tears were worth it. He also got me a trainer for a couple sessions to help "jump start my exercise" after I had my second child. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • bonzombie
    Options
    I make my husband keep his sodas, candies and chips in the car he drives so I don't even have to see it. He will eat what i make him for dinner but constantly goes to wendy's during his graveyard shifts and eats cereal for any meal I don't cook! It's hard to be healthy when your spouse weighs 155 lbs no matter what he does. Exercise? pfft, yeah right!!!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've watched my husband eat a whole box of Hostess cupcakes without flinching...and no matter what he wolfs down, he stays fit and trim. High metabolism I guess...

It's not so bad to watch him enjoy the copious amounts of junk food, it just sucks that he's always trying to get me to partake. "Come on, it's just a bite!" he'll say...

Glad I have the will-power of a monk!! :laugh:

Ahh you are a monk! Most times I can't resist if my bfs eating something I love right in front of me.

Thank god we don't live together yet o_o

Lol! Just make sure that, when you guys DO move in together, YOU do all the grocery shopping :laugh:
  • AABru
    Options
    That's not very nice ;( I hope she's not being serious!!
    She's definitely serious. She has high standards and believes that I can't attain her standards because I don't want to, ergo it's my fault I'm not good enough for her.
    No offense, but last time I checked, that is not grounds for a healthy relationship. I hope you know you are worthy of praise for worrying about your health and working towards your goal, and that abuse happens in all different ways and in all types of relationships.Your comments make me sad, but your acceptance of them make me sadder.:brokenheart:
  • AABru
    Options
    That's not very nice ;( I hope she's not being serious!!
    She's definitely serious. She has high standards and believes that I can't attain her standards because I don't want to, ergo it's my fault I'm not good enough for her.
    Wow. I don't know you or your gf but, in all honesty, you should be with someone who loves you for you. And it seems to me like she's just putting you down and is trying to change you or something :s
    And as you are on this site to lose weight, get fit or whatever, it should be for you! No one else.
    Julie-you are my new fav person!:flowerforyou:
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    I've watched my husband eat a whole box of Hostess cupcakes without flinching...and no matter what he wolfs down, he stays fit and trim. High metabolism I guess...

It's not so bad to watch him enjoy the copious amounts of junk food, it just sucks that he's always trying to get me to partake. "Come on, it's just a bite!" he'll say...

Glad I have the will-power of a monk!! :laugh:

Ahh you are a monk! Most times I can't resist if my bfs eating something I love right in front of me.

Thank god we don't live together yet o_o

Lol! Just make sure that, when you guys DO move in together, YOU do all the grocery shopping :laugh:

Haha I most definitely will be!
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    Julie-you are my new fav person!:flowerforyou:

:)
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YES!! As a matter fact this weekend I overheard him telling someone..."Yeah I have lost some but I'm not really watching what I eat...just how much, I don't have to watch what I eat, I can eat what I want and I have been going to the gym some."
    What a turd!! I wanted to punch him in the nose!! lol
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    dam them... he eats whatever he wants does NOT exercise and somehow is muscular and small and fit and sexy :-/ I am confused
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the Army and works out for 90 minutes a day... Plus he rides his bike to and from work (16 miles each way) so he has to eat at least 4000-5000 calories just to maintain his weight! I'm super jealous that he can eat whatever he eats... But not jealous that he rides over 30 miles on his bike each day plus his normal PT workouts!!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    yep. I always think it must be so freeing to be like him, he told me he never once in his life has thought about what is in food or calories, he just eats whatever sounds good to him. And, our whole relationship (20 years) I have gained and he has stayed the same all while eating fast food every single day. He works out of town mostly and doesn't have to hear me complain too much about his ff habit, but when he is home he complains why do we have to have all this stuff (ground turkey, non-fat milk, chicken) can't we just have normal food. And, no matter what we eat for a meal (even at someone else's house so it is not my cooking) he has to go out to fast food about an hour afterwards.
    GRRRRR.
  • cowchick4_fun
    Options
    yeah mine is a tow truck driver and is moving constantly and moving cars and all sorts of things. im a little jelouse of my hubby for being able to eat everything but i make my food so its healthy, filling and super yummy it doesnt even taste like im eating healthy.lol. i have done it for 26 days and i can keep going. we all are doing great and sometimes i will fit in a small treat in my calories so i dont break my diet and just start binging again. it s not worth it to me so i so it in moderation and it works.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My husband eats whatever he wants and I don't mind at all. I'm not on a super restrictive diet though so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me. We eat the same things but I just control my portions a little better now.
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    my bf can eat whatever he wants but he doesnt... lol thank GOD bc it wld be so hard for me to have dropped this weight.
  • ZaneNicole
    Options
    Yes! It sucks! N he's 6'4" 175 lbs n couldn't gain weight if he had to.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Well, my husband is 6'185lbs and burns about 5000 calories/day. So he can eat a lot of food but he makes sure he hits his macros so he's not just eating whatever he wants. However, when you have that many calories a day to work with, you can eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's and have some calories for cheetos (what he's eating tonight - I'm only having the ice cream).