Bump to try later
  • milli51
    milli51 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    mmm
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haha the taco cupcakes throw a lot of people off - it's like taco + cake? But trust me, it's like a taste explosion in your mouth. Plus, if you love mexican food, but don't like the fact that it can be really heavy and fatty, this is perfect!

I got the taco cupcake recipe from the www.emilybites.com website. I adjusted to my own tastes while staying in the 170 calorie range.

2 4oz chicken breasts
    2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    2 tbsp Canola oil
    3 tsp fajita or taco seasoning (I only had fajita seasoning in the cupboard)
    3/4 of a 10 oz can enchilada sauce
    3 tbsp queso dip
    20 wonton wrappers
    1 small can beans (your choice of kidney or black bean) drained and rinsed
    1 cup Mexican shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375F.

Poach the chicken breasts in a pot of water until fully cooked. Once cooked, take out of the pot and shred with a fork. Set aside.

In a medium skillet, heat the oil and add the crushed red pepper flakes. Once the flakes are infused into the oil, add the shredded chicken. Heat the chicken through and coat with the peppered oil. Add fajita seasoning, enchilada sauce, and beans. Stir ingredients together until chicken and beans are fully coated with sauce mixture.

Once the mixture is heated through, turn off the heat to the pan. In a well-sprayed muffin tin, place 10 wonton wrappers in the cups. Spoon a small bit of the queso dip on the bottom of each wonton. Place a tablespoon sized spoonful of the chicken mixture into each wonton. Top that mixture with a pinch of the shredded cheese. Next, place another wonton wrapper on top of the cheese and repeat the layering (I skipped the queso on the second layer because it seemed so rich to have so much of it in one cup) process. Top each wonton with a pinch of cheese.

Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve it with spring onions, guacamole, and/or sour cream. Obviously by the picture I have sour cream with mine. Enjoy!

Per "cake": Calories - 170; Carbs - 17g; Fat - 7g; Protein - 11g; Sodium - 423mg (this is without any added toppings)

Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

1 cup Ronzoni Smart Taste Elbow Macaroni dry
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
    2 wedges Laughing Cow Cream Cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Onion powder (to taste)

In a small sauce pot, simmer milk and noodles on med-low heat. Add your salt, pepper, and onion powder now. Continuously stir so noodles don't stick and milk doesn't burn. (Yes I know, cooking your noodles in the milk?? WHAT!!??! But trust me, you'll have incredibly creamy creamy mac and cheese). When the noodles have absorbed all the milk (and they will), turn off the heat and add your cheeses. Cover with a lid for a few minutes. Once the temptation to peek and stir has passed, take the lid off and stir until all the cheese has melted and you have a pot of ooey gooey mac and cheese. Makes 2 servings

Facts:
    Calories: 301; Carbs: 32g; Fat (depending on your cheese it will vary): 10g; Protein: 10g; Sodium: 300mg

Just a quick note: For those who think the carbs are a bit high or the fats are a bit high, you're right. They are high. I ate the mac and cheese after a 1100 calorie burn workout once this week. The taco cupcakes made 6 meals for me, as I ate them as a lunch or a dinner on days when I had to eat up more calories for the exercise I was completing. These meals are not eaten EVERY day. I make them as a treat for days when I need to eat more calories or when I'm craving something indulgent.

To those who make these....ENJOY!

YUMMMMMM
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Haha the taco cupcakes throw a lot of people off - it's like taco + cake? But trust me, it's like a taste explosion in your mouth. Plus, if you love mexican food, but don't like the fact that it can be really heavy and fatty, this is perfect!

I got the taco cupcake recipe from the www.emilybites.com website. I adjusted to my own tastes while staying in the 170 calorie range.

2 4oz chicken breasts
    2 tbsp Canola oil
    3 tbsp queso dip
    20 wonton wrappers

Preheat oven to 375F.

Poach the chicken breasts in a pot of water until fully cooked. Once cooked, take out of the pot and shred with a fork. Set aside.

In a medium skillet, heat the oil and add the crushed red pepper flakes. Once the flakes are infused into the oil, add the shredded chicken. Heat the chicken through and coat with the peppered oil. Add fajita seasoning, enchilada sauce, and beans. Stir ingredients together until chicken and beans are fully coated with sauce mixture.

Once the mixture is heated through, turn off the heat to the pan. In a well-sprayed muffin tin, place 10 wonton wrappers in the cups. Spoon a small bit of the queso dip on the bottom of each wonton. Place a tablespoon sized spoonful of the chicken mixture into each wonton. Top that mixture with a pinch of the shredded cheese. Next, place another wonton wrapper on top of the cheese and repeat the layering (I skipped the queso on the second layer because it seemed so rich to have so much of it in one cup) process. Top each wonton with a pinch of cheese.

Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve it with spring onions, guacamole, and/or sour cream. Obviously by the picture I have sour cream with mine. Enjoy!

Per "cake": Calories - 170; Carbs - 17g; Fat - 7g; Protein - 11g; Sodium - 423mg (this is without any added toppings)

1 cup skim milk
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Onion powder (to taste)

In a small sauce pot, simmer milk and noodles on med-low heat. Add your salt, pepper, and onion powder now. Continuously stir so noodles don't stick and milk doesn't burn. (Yes I know, cooking your noodles in the milk?? WHAT!!??! But trust me, you'll have incredibly creamy creamy mac and cheese). When the noodles have absorbed all the milk (and they will), turn off the heat and add your cheeses. Cover with a lid for a few minutes. Once the temptation to peek and stir has passed, take the lid off and stir until all the cheese has melted and you have a pot of ooey gooey mac and cheese. Makes 2 servings

Facts:
    Calories: 301; Carbs: 32g; Fat (depending on your cheese it will vary): 10g; Protein: 10g; Sodium: 300mg

Just a quick note: For those who think the carbs are a bit high or the fats are a bit high, you're right. They are high. I ate the mac and cheese after a 1100 calorie burn workout once this week. The taco cupcakes made 6 meals for me, as I ate them as a lunch or a dinner on days when I had to eat up more calories for the exercise I was completing. These meals are not eaten EVERY day. I make them as a treat for days when I need to eat more calories or when I'm craving something indulgent.

bump
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maiibeloved41
    Options
    I'd like recipe for both, please.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options

2 4oz chicken breasts
    2 tbsp Canola oil
    3 tbsp queso dip
    20 wonton wrappers

Preheat oven to 375F.

1 cup skim milk
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Onion powder (to taste)

Facts:

Gonna try the mac & cheese cooking in the milk. Never tried that before. Thanks!
  • croberson8711
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing these! They both look delicious and I will definitely be giving them a try!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    definitely have to try these!
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bumpin'
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep track of
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Those both look really good. i'll just have to figure a way to cut down some of the sodium in them.
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just made the Taco Cupcakes and "veganised" them! They were DELICIOUS!!!

I made them like this:

24 x wonton wrappers

Filling:

2 tsp olive oil
    1 medium sized onion (diced)
    3 cloves of garlic (minced)
    2 birdseye chillis (minced)
    2.5 cups mushrooms (chopped)
    1 tin Old El Paso Mexe Beans (drained)
    1/2 packet of Old El Paso Burrito seasoning
    3 roma (italian) tomatoes (diced)

150g Old El Paso Medium Chunky Tomato Salsa

"Cheese" mix:

1 cup Lotus Savoury Yeast Flakes
    1/3 cup white flour
    3 Tbsp corn flour
    1.5 tsp salt
    2 cups water
    1/4 cup nuttelex (or equivalent non-dairy spread)

Method:

Preheat oven to 180*C

Heat oil in pan. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Fry off until onion is translucent. Add mushrooms and fry off until mushrooms are soft. Add beans, stir and heat through. Add burrito seasoning and mix to ensure everything is coated. Add tomatoes, stir through, then take off the heat.

In a separate pan, place all the dry ingredients for the "cheese" sauce in and then stir until mixed. Add a little water and then stir into a paste. Then add the remaining water and turn on the heat. Using a whisk, keep stirring this mixture as it heats through. It will start to thicken up. Keep stirring until thick and bubbling. Take off heat and then whisk through the nuttelex (or equivalent non-dairy spread).

Spray 12 hole cupcake tin with oil spray and place one wonton wrapper in each hole.

Place about 1 tsp of the salsa in the bottom, then the same amount of the "cheese", then about 2 tsp of the bean/mushroom filling. Place another wonton wrapper on top and repeat. Finish with a good dollop of the "cheese".

Bake for about 18 minutes.

1 serve = 2 taco cakes

Calories = 276, Carbs = 34, Fat = 9, Protein = 12.

I served it with some Tofutti mixed through with coriander (cilantro) and some lime juice.

YUM!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much for this idea!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump....and thanks
  • sandra_13
    sandra_13 Posts: 20