Weird things you find relaxing...

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Getting my hair played with, or watching someone get their hair played with.
    Same with back or foot massages.

Bob Ross. Acoustic guitar. Certain people's singing voices or even some speaking voices.

Rustling of book pages when someone is showing me something. Watching people put make up on. Lots of little things like that.

I sleep with a fan every night, too, but that's not quite the same effect.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Massage table. I’m out the second I hit it. I have to take their word for it that they really did the massage.
  • DesertMermaid29
    DesertMermaid29 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    rain and my boyfriend talking to me
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The sound of Eddie Vedder's voice. Doesn't matter what he's singing - I find his voice really soothing - which I know sounds insane. LOL

Totally agree. He's got one of the best voices out there.

I love him.

Nice to see some fellow Ed Ved fans. :-)
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    doing dishes
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    doing dishes
    yes, that qualifies as weird. Feel free to come relax a my place any day!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep without a fan blowing right in my face. It doesn't matter if it's 20 below. I hate travelling sometimes because i don't sleep well. And, it drives women crazy (not in a good way), because, you know how their always cold.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep without a fan blowing right in my face. It doesn't matter if it's 20 below. I hate travelling sometimes because i don't sleep well. And, it drives women crazy (not in a good way), because, you know how their always cold.

HAHAHAHAHA, me and my bf clash over this all the time. He's always bloody hot and I'm always cold!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Oh yes! And holding babies!! It makes me super content. Can't wait to have my own :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    orchestrated music
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    With everyone on the fan...my whole family does it.

Rain.

Cooking.

Cuddling with my daughter.

( I don't think the above 4 are really that "weird")

Most times if I am really stressed I will sneak off with my daughters coloring books and crayons and just color Ariel or Cookie Monster and the world just feels better. Good times.....

Watching Bollywood movies will always put me in a good mood. Don't know why I just :heart: a good Hindi romance. ( and all the singing and dancing that happens to come along with it LOL)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    OMG, Kaddy, your daughter is SO beautiful.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The calmness and quietness of living in the country with neighbours no closer than 500m, oh yeah!
    We go to my in laws farm in Connecticut every summer. I love it! There is one other house, but it's the hubs aunt and uncle and we eat dinner with them on the deck. It's so peaceful and beautiful. I'm an early bird anyway, but there I usually wake up with the sun and birds. I get the coffee going and get a few minutes of quiet time before everyone else starts getting up. Ahhh....
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always fall asleep in the tanning bed.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    ALSO the smell of road works or more specifically wet tar, my dad used to do road works and was away alot and it always reminds me of him coming home :)
    I LOVE the smell of hot tar and everyone thinks I'm nuts! I work in construction and was actually severely burned by tar last june....even after that, I still love that smell!

My relaxations though...I have a cabin in the mountains, being there is relaxing, hearing the rain fall on the tin roof at the cabin, sitting in the meadow behind the cabin - everything about it. Doing math has always relaxed me too!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    holding a baby. even if its crying.
    i get all soul searchie and think about what a wonderful gift a child is
    <3

can you tell im a child development major with an infant credential? :p
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The sound of a fan (box fan).

I've slept with one on High nearly every night since I was born. To me, fan = sleeeeeeeep.

this sounds like my husband .
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    meeee tooo. love my 20 min power naps
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG, Kaddy, your daughter is SO beautiful.

Thank you. She is hands down the best thing that ever happened to me!!! Ever.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The smell of Vick's vapor rub, it reminds me of being little and my Mom taking care of me.