What is up with my husband???

Options

Replies

• Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I tell you what is NOT a good idea...don't burst into tears right as he's falling asleep and ask him why he doesn't love you anymore and if you are a hideous cow. Just...trust me. No good will come of it. :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So true, lol.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to put make up on and get dolled up when no one is gonna see me.
    Ouch, you just called your husband "no one".
    That's not what I meant.
    Yeah, it is. You don't see the point in looking nice for him because he's not important enough.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My fiance was the same way. I used to feel really frustrated like it was something about me, and I talked to one of my close married friends about it. Like many people have already said on here, the advice she gave me was COMMUNICATION. She was totally right. We talked about things and got everything out in the open. He had issues and things he was dealing with that I had no idea about. I think many times as ladies, we take this sort of thing so personally, when very rarely is it about us. I would sit down with him, and really talk about things. Good luck!
  • coconutty420
    coconutty420 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    also....i see that many people are chalking up their lack of interest to stress. if you change the way you view sex then perhaps if wont be put on the side burner any longer. i think of sex as the best for of stress relief...way cheaper and more fun then a day at the spa....and now that i see it that way there are very few reasons why i would ever pass it up. oh and LADIES! the headache excuse can no longer be used....there is medical reports that say that the release of endorphines related to sex can actually RELIEVE a headache! oh believe me i can find plenty of excuses TO do it....and very few reasons no to! lol
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn’t flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn’t say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, ‘Nothing.’ I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn’t upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior I don’t know why he didn’t say, ‘I love you, too.’ When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep – I cried. I don’t know what to do. I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

Husband's journal

Jeep won’t start…can’t figure out why.

LOL YES THIS
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When he says, "I've been wanting to do that for days" I always say, "Then why don't you do anything about it?"

Then he says, this is an exact quote, "I try."

Me and my husband just 'fixed' this problem. The reason my husband wasn't starting anything is because he said he was always the started and wanted to see if I was into him and therefore left it up to me to make the move. If i didn't make the move then nothing happened. In their minds they are tired and want to feel wanted. In our minds we want to feel wanted. Talk about it and both agree to do things to turn each other on and get in the mood. It help our relationship a lot. Also - on the weight. My husband told me that for a while he didn't say much about how good I looked because he was afraid I would get comfortable and stop and he knew I'd be happier the smaller I got. Its a **** move but we talked about that and I explained the more tells me how great I look the more I want to hit the gym. Sit down and have a heart to heart. Guys aren't perfect.
  • schulermomof3boys
    Options
    To be totally honest lady, my husband is the same way - and has been the same way since we first met 6 years ago. I think its a Marine thing. Sometimes they're hot, sometimes they're cold. They have a lot on their minds a lot of the time, so try not to take offence. :D

When it comes down to a boiling point though, I normally just have to be extra aggressive to get his mind to come back down to earth. :D

My husband is like that also, and was in the Marines, and now the army! He's been to Iraq 4 times, and normally has a lot on his mind, so i just have to be patient with him... he always comes around!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I feel its perfectly normal..
    happens with me as well.. but what I have learned is you should never compare yourself with a guy
    a girl can NEVER EVER understand a guy's mind
    Do not worry about this much there is no harm if you start it or he starts he it should not matter
    what matters is that he is interested in doing it when it gets started..
    guys are like that.. they easily take woman in their lives for granted.. ignore it
    be happy and keep the fire on between you two.. do exciting things and try something different to keep him interested.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Like someone else said, talk to him, not us.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When he says, "I've been wanting to do that for days" I always say, "Then why don't you do anything about it?"

Then he says, this is an exact quote, "I try."

IMO If he says he tries and you think he is not trying then it might be time for a talk, not an in his face, "Why don't you want me?!" talk but a "Baby you know I love it when you..." so he knows. Guys sometimes need to be told exactly what to do. It's like that in lots of things. Sometimes they need you to draw them a picture and tell them what you need from them, if it is cleaning the house, helping with the kids, initiating sex, making sex great and not just alright.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Oh yes the man ques....some days I will try to ravish my hubby and he just won't be in the mood...usually he is stressing about something. There are other times he will tell me later I tried to get your attention, I ask him how and he says things like "when I grabbed your butt while you were cooking dinner" LOL or "I was giving you the LOOK"...I think we miss the little things! We have actually gotten to the point where we plan it, I know it sounds rediculous but with 3 kids and a busy life, you get caught up in those things. There are the moments when it "spur of the moment"...when I get why he's fondling me as Im cooking...stove goes off for a few minutes and we sneak away to the basement LOL.

Maybe you could plan a romantic night...or I find snuggling together on the couch can lead to great happenings!! Talk about for sure though! :)
  • stevepierson
    Options
    Sometimes guys like to feel wanted too and for the girl to start it. Its the chase or the excitement. Every now and then you have to shock him or switch the routine. Sometimes you start or sometimes he does.

THIS!!!
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I say kink it up and put on a sexy outfit! I work but will make the effort to look extra special and usually he will do the chasing for a good few days after.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Save for later
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn’t flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn’t say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, ‘Nothing.’ I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn’t upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior I don’t know why he didn’t say, ‘I love you, too.’ When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep – I cried. I don’t know what to do. I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

Husband's journal

Jeep won’t start…can’t figure out why.

TRUE STORY!!! rawrrrr lmfao
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Grin we have been married over 35 years and still trying to communicate when, how the game of she want to, I want to works?

I have to try release of endorphines related to sex can actually RELIEVE a headache! grin!!!!

She is my best friend and I will be with her forever, communication and giving is the way it works.

Cheers
    Jim
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So now I want to have sex and she just left for work...thanks a lot!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Guys need DIRECT instructions - they really do. They are simple creatures. TELL HIM. I guarantee he has no clue something like this would even bother you, or is right now.

We ARE simple creatures.. Instructions are always helpful. . We have to navigate a LOT of mixed signals and we usually get it all wrong. ..You women are very moody and also very practiced at not letting your moods show. That means our only option is to take a shot in the dark and hope we hit pay dirt! Not only that, but you also seem to carry around this fantasy seduction in your head. . If we get it wrong. .it's ALL wrong (FAIL). .And we almost never get it right because we can't read your minds (well, I can. . but I'm awesome). .

When a guy comes on to a woman (even his own wife) and gets shot down, it can be a blow to the ego. . If it happens repeatedly. . he might just quit trying. .

Oh. and I hate to be the one to say this. . But everybody is thinking it. . He MIGHT be cheating on you :(
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Please forgive me if this seems a little harsh. First off, you need to sit down and talk, 21 is a young marriage age and it's not like it was 50 yrs ago, especially for those in the Mil. Secondly, do the makeup thing (YES, it does make a difference); Third, he's a Marine, get him to work-out with you, run with him, get him interested in your day to day and you get interested in his. And, finally, if he is like many 21 year old Marines, especially in North Click, get him away from the bars and lonely's out there. Trust me, I know that if the bar scene was bad for couples 20 years ago, it's terrible now since the war and all thos guys being deployed.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't seem interested, make him interested!!!

Put on some sexy clothes, a little bit of make-up and MAKE A MOVE! Pretend like you're a world class p0rn star, even if you don't look like one. Take some initiative in the bedroom and he will notice.