When do you stop using My Fitness Pal?

Options
124»

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I didn't join MFP to lose any weight so I guess I have no reason to stop...

Since I found MFP I've finished 30 Day Shred and ran a marathon...

It's like budgeting your money....you never stop budgeting and it can give you a good idea of where you are and what improvements you need to make...
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Want it, use it, need it. Stopping? :noway:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When there's a more robust alternative, or when I stop obsessing about calories. Whichever comes first.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've made too many great friends to stop anytime soon. This site changed my life in more ways than anyone could imagine.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    NEVER!!! You use it FOR-EV-ER

This
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    never stop! unless they start charging.
    this
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30 pounds using MFP and it's been really great teaching tool for me to make more of a lifestyle change. I've got another 25 pounds to lose. I think once I hit my goal, i'll log less and less, but check in every once in a while just to keep myself in check.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna log the embalming fluid they fill me with at the end.

omg... that was awesome!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than holding yourself accountable for what your doing to your body whether you are looking to lose or maintain. It's all good! As long as MFP is here, I will be here... and hopefully Paying It Forward with all the wisdom I gained from all the great people who have helped me in my journey.
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    I kind of already know the portion sizes and the calories they amount to. I have also been here over a year so every possible food I am going to eat I think is already registered in my head! However, it really is nice to log and maintain this as a regimen. I have also grown very fond of my friends and I like to encourage and want to see my friends succeed in their journey. I want to be here to see what they wnat to see and celebrate with them. MFP helps me log, and is here for me when I want to interact with nice fun positive people who struggle as I do. So...... im staying :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    they told me if I left they would take my first born child....
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    they told me if I left they would take my first born child....
    LOL^^^
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Once I get to my goal weight I will use it to make sure I am eating enough calories, I didn't realize how much I was under eating until working with this site, the body needs it's fuel to burn, it's good times:-)
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's not a good idea to become obsessed with calorie counting or to depend on this or any site or program. We have to learn to eat in moderation. I think this site is a good way to get started and to monitor what we eat and to develop a good plan that fits our lifestyle and our personal needs. But I'd hate to think a person would feel the need to log every day for 80 or 90 years. Once a person reaches his weight goal, he or she should, in my opinion at least, be able to deal with his eating on his/her own.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ummm ... NEVER!

9821387.png
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ummm ... NEVER!

9821387.png
    ^ this

I plan to use it till I drop all the fat and hit the bf% I want. Then I will use it as I build all the muscle that I want. Then I will keep using it to maintain. I love the program and the site.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I might stop using it when I reach goal, but I'll see once I get there.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing once I've maintained my goal for about 3 months.
    Once the habit is formed and you have the knowledge in your head
    I don't see the point in continuing.