How often do you step on the scale/measure?

Options

Replies

• Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    I usually do it every morning, M-F in the locker room at the gym after my workout. I just use it for trending. I will usually only count one a week as official. I have to be a little obseeded becasue my weight/bodyfat can impact if I keep my job.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    God - what an essay! :blushing: Do what you like...
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Everyday religiously!! Its a feedback loop that lets me know if I am drinking enough water. The key for me is being happy about the loss and seeing the small gains as opportunity to hone in on my behavior as well as celebrate muscle gain.

I only update MFP with loss not gain because I am shooting for a goal and need to keep positive. Good luck on your journey!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and measure once a month.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once every 3 months - I don't have a scale at my house, I only weigh in when I visit my parents :laugh:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Every day weigh. I write it down on a peice of paper on the wall in front of the scale. Its much easier to watch trends that way and not get to upset about bad days.
  • Skye259
    Skye259 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday first thing as you do. I only do my measurements once a week, sometimes only bi-monthly.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Frankly I think it's the most accurate time to weigh yourself so I wouldn't sweat it. Perhaps my regular weight may be a couple pounds heavier (with water, food, and daily activities, etc.) but I think you're getting a good consistent measurement at that time.

Frequency? I do it daily too :) ...
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also last time I checked it was your life, your body, and your walk ... so don't let "them" tell you otherwise. :)
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weaning myself off...was everyday, often morning and evening, but I'd like to get down to once a week, for my sanity's sake, lol. This week I weighed myself on Monday, Wednesday morning, and last night, and will weigh on Saturday for my preweekend weight and then hold off until next Monday.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I would love to honestly say I only weigh once a week, but I've been know to do a mid-week peek... then if I'm not happy about what I see, I get all obsessive and check daily. I really need to take a sledgehammer to the home scale and just weigh in at my WW meetings... :tongue:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    i used to do it at least every other day but I was becomming to obsessive about it. So now I just focus on eating right, tracking my foods and excersise on a regular basis. I still step on the scale maybe once every couple weeks to verify Im on the right track. Believe it or not I can tell when my face starts to get pudgy then I know im gaining. It might be only a few pounds but it shows.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I use it a point of reference for what I need to do that day. It's not my measurement for success/failure.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    pretty much everyday, helps me keep track. If im up a few pounds in a day I dont freak out like I would if I only weighed once a week. I only record it once a week tho, or when I'm down a few pounds.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Every single morning and every single night. :)

Same here
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily. I measure myself once a month and record.
  • Phenom83
    Phenom83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every morning. The diet I'm on requires that do so.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I recently started weighing in almost everyday, and I actually really like it. My weight has fluctuated as much as 4 pounds overnight, and I think if I was weighing only 1/week there's a chance I would only see the higher numbers. Seeing the lower numbers, even if they are gone the next day, is really encouraging to me. I've been chasing the 150s for what feels like years, and last week I hit 158 then 156, then the next day it was back to 160. That didn't discourage me because I knew 156 is out there as a real possibility. If I get obsessive about it later I'll reassess, but for now it is helping me understand my body better.

This
  • pippiagain
    Options
    Every day, but I do have a balance beam scale-very accurate. Love to see that weight go down every day, nad if there is a gain, I redouble my effors the next day. Nothing wrong with weighing every day if it is at the same time, in the same clothes (or lack thereof). My official weigh in at TOPS is on Monday, however. That is the one that is most important. :-)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning to keep track of my fluctuations. That way I don't panic when a pound suddenly materialises out of thin anir and attaches itself to me, because I can be pretty certain it will be gone again within a couple of days at most. It also allows me to keep tabs on how I'm progressing and when I need to work harder or pull things back a little. :)