A guys 30 Day Shred Results + Pic

Options

Replies

• ladyfingers39
    Options
    I can see it in your arms and stomach, nice job!
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Very noticeable difference!!! Great Job!!!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY see a difference! I did the Shred in March and am currently doing Ripped as well. Just on week 1 right now - I heard week 2 was a killer so I'm a little nervous. On the Shred I lost 11 inches all around. Not sure about weight - I don't get along with scales..lol. Nice to see a guy doing this as my BF tried but he didn't think it was for guys .. this will show him! Add me for a friend if you'd like. Nice having people doing the same thing supporting you :)

Thanks everyone, yeah that's why I figured I would re-post there are more women doing 30 DS and not a lot of guys. But anyone can do it.

I completed it in 35-40 days I think.
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm starting 30DS again! LOL
  • kevin3344
    Options
    that's awesome! did you get that effect in just thirty days?! so motivated now.

It took me a little longer because I like to run, too! So I took those days off.

I did 5 days at Level 1 (it's the easiest of course), 15 days at Level 2 (IMO the hardest!!!), and 10 at Level 3.
  • sweetmspea
    Options
    good job. you look wonderful.
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am actually considering starting that one on Monday with the wife. You may have just gave me the final push. I only have about 20 to 25 lbs to lose and this seems right up my alley. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am so showing my husband this! I am doing 30DS amd have been trying to get him to do it with me, this might just prove to him that guys do it too and get good results! Thanks for posting and well done.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I I'm on my second round of the 30DS. I still need to drop about 40lbs but your pics are inspiring.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Great job!

Do you mind if I ask what size weights you used?
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    your looking good man. Well done!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do you laugh though when Jillian says: if you've got it, flaunt it ladies!

That part part always made my husband and I laugh when he was doing it with me. :laugh:
  • kevin3344
    Options
    Great job!

Do you mind if I ask what size weights you used?

Sure, I used 3 different ones...5 lb, 7.5 lb and 10 lb. For some of the moves, I could only use up to 7.5 lb they were tough! For some of the others I could get up to 10. When first starting out though, definitely 5's.

Really though the toughest moves were the planks and walking pushups, stuff like that. Or staying in a squat position and doing some of the moves. Your legs are just burning at that point!!!
  • kevin3344
    Options
    Do you laugh though when Jillian says: if you've got it, flaunt it ladies!

That part part always made my husband and I laugh when he was doing it with me. :laugh:

Yeah, Jillian is definitely a motivator. She says "if 400 lb people are doing this, you can do it"...and "don't you quit on me!".

Since it's only 20 minutes I tried to give it my all since I knew it wasn't that long :)
  • hwillia1
    hwillia1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am starting the shred next week, psyching myself up for it after having a baby 3 months ago. I used to do the shred regularly, my fave was doing level 1 and 3 together.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    This is my second time posting 30DS results....I was looking through old photos from last year and came across my before pic....couldn't really see the difference until now!! The after pic is from this morning. I've only lost about 5-7lbs but my core is a lot stronger. My running times and endurance have improved dramatically. Right now I'm about 10 days into Ripped In 30 and it's a great workout. I love all of Jillian's DVDs!

30-day-shred-results-02.jpg

Wow you look great.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    nice definition in your arms :) thats the bit i noticed first x ..... great overall result :)
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    That's amazing! Thanks for posting! Hopefully this will give my hubby the drive to start it with me soon!
  • mici0427
    mici0427 Posts: 54
    Options
    DEFINITELY see a difference! I did the Shred in March and am currently doing Ripped as well. Just on week 1 right now - I heard week 2 was a killer so I'm a little nervous. On the Shred I lost 11 inches all around. Not sure about weight - I don't get along with scales..lol. Nice to see a guy doing this as my BF tried but he didn't think it was for guys .. this will show him! Add me for a friend if you'd like. Nice having people doing the same thing supporting you :)

I'm currently doing Ripped in 30. I'm on week 2...yes it's tough but once you get past day 2 of week 2 it gets better!! Don't quit like a friend of mine did!! You'll love it! Plank jacks and crow pushups kick butt!!!!!:-)
  • yetb
    yetb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting up your pic's and your take on 30 DS as a workout.

As a guy - I've been quietly doing 30 DS for about 2 months, have combined 2&3 and been doing that about 16 days. Haven't seen a lot of guys post up about it - and it's very encouraging to hear your positive feelings toward it - and see your awesome results.

I too use 5 and 8 lb weights - and I agree that if you really try and do some of the moves correctly - it's still a challenge. (frickin' chair squats with a v raise...)

I'm moving on to Ripped in 30 next week - just to mix it up. It looks similar.

I swore I wasn't going to the forum thing - but - thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!