Anonymity of the web...

13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    google your name sometime and see what comes up...I am definitely out there

It's always hilarious to me, for example, on Linked In, there are 6 different people with my full name. And according to Google Maps, we all live within about 600 miles of each other. Things like that are always kind of creep me out. :laugh:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I am far nicer online than in real life. I say some messed up junk when out with friends.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    I think instead of saying anonymity you could say personal accountability.
    Most people we interact with online we will never meet in real life.
    I think just for that reason alone it makes it easier to share certain things.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    I share what I would share in real life... sometimes a little too much, and sometimes nothing at all. I'm a pretty open person. I'm not ashamed of anything.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I have time to think online of how to say things

In real life I stumble my words as I get embarrassed speaking as I am so self conscious as I know I end up sounding like a baffoon

I hate me
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    The guy who said " you must be pretty effin stupid to think that the Internet provides any sort of identity protection."
    is pathetic. This kind of attitude is why I don't share much on line. Clearly he had his own issues to be so judgemental.

This.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    LOL I willingly share my bra size off the web. LOL I'm very open in real life and online.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    I don't share anything online that I wouldn't IRL... but if I was talking to a bunch of people & bra sizes came up, I wouldn't be shy about telling mine. Same with a lot of personal information. I'm not ashamed of myself

Yep, my sentiments exactly. Well said!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Anything I share online is something I would walk up to someone in wal mart and say. I have no filters and do not care what people know about me
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I have shared things on here some of my real life friends don't know. I don't know why but I feel I can. Also don't care who knows my bra size! X
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 324 Member
    im pretty open. ask and ill answer is how i live, i dont tend to offer up details like my bra size unless asked simply because i dont think people care to know, unless they ask.

but im also like that in my real life as well
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    I don't have any secrets. I'll pretty much tell anyone anything.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    I would never post anything that I would not be comfortable saying to someone face to face, or seeing quoted in the local paper... it is a public arena, and it is scary how it could be traced back to you. Being in politics, I know I have to be very careful. I have had to mediate in several situations where people have tweeted or emailed after a meeting or event, without thinking, and sometimes reacted in anger or after having had too much alcohol to be in control, and it has led to bitter feuds.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    google your name sometime and see what comes up...I am definitely out there

thats about the only thing Im careful about putting out there. And by careful.... I chose a really discreet user name. doh. But a couple of times I posted my last name and retracted it. I dont care what you read or think about me - I just dont want any weirdos tracking me down.