any people here from the "sunshine state" of florida

Options

Replies

• macyb7
    macyb7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was born in Orlando and lived there till I was seven, my family moved to KY. I am now 41 and always missed FL, I would move back in a heartbeat but too many responsibilities here in KY. My family and I do visit a couple times a year.
  • Me!
  • espn2087
    espn2087 Posts: 14
    Options
    Just moved to FL from PA!
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just moved to central Florida (between Tampa and Orlando) from Texas about 7 months ago. As I absolutely LOVE Texas (born and raised), it is hard to adjust to Florida. I haven't decided if I love it or hate it. My parents and younger brother are here, so it's the best place for me right now. :)
  • espn2087
    espn2087 Posts: 14
    Options
    just moved to St pete from PA. Been here about 5 months now!

Shoot me a friends request if anyone is interested!
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    funny thing that i found this threat here - cuz I was thinking about moving to florida - but the hurricanes scare me - what part do you live in?

I'm also from Chicago - Born and mostly raised - i move around a bit - right now i'm in Chicago and sick of the snow - although we didn't have this past season - so can't complain this year.

What area would you recommend?
  • michellewithluv
    Options
    Born and raised but sadly moved
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm in the capital city of Florida!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    just moved to St pete from PA. Been here about 5 months now!

Shoot me a friends request if anyone is interested!

I'm from Florida but I use to live in Pa as well!
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Born at the University of Florida - GO GATORS!!! Lived here my entire life- True Gator - Florida Girl - Live in Central Florida.

Previous poster afraid of Hurricanes - I have survived all the ones in the last 37 years!!!
  • amyliz12
    amyliz12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On the Space Coast of Fla now but born and raised in Orlando. Still go to visit family and friends and for appts we have there.
  • 32nissy
    32nissy Posts: 67
    Options
    no but i live in arizona
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Yep!
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Florida is beautiful - Hurricanes are just a bad weather days - that may cause you to be out of power. In 2004 when we had 4 hurricanes - I had a 7 week old baby - it sucked being without power - however we survived. What kind of work do you do? Finding a job - would be my goal - all parts of Florida are beautiful and you are never more than 1 hour and 1/2 from a beach!!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Tampa!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    St. Augustine - Born and raised!
  • Xoxa1029
    Xoxa1029 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in Florida. Moved here 8 months ago from Colorado. I really like it here so far :) Now I am just trying to get bikini ready.
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am! In largo. Hot here but beautiful.
  • cjalexander
    cjalexander Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fort Lauderdale! :-)
  • goblue443
    goblue443 Posts: 50
    Options
    Born and raised on Key West. Up north for college but I will be returning soon and am a Conch for life :)