any people here from the "sunshine state" of florida

Options

Replies

• ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    From Daytona but living in TX :) I miss it immensely and would go back in a heartbeat!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Jacksonville here- been here since the day I was born :) Definitely too hot for my taste, but pretty much ALL my family is here so we aren't going anywhere...
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Floridian here! Citrus county. Land of the old farts. ;-)
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Jax here too!
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Born and raised and hating every minute of it. I hate the heat, I hate the humidity, I hate the beach. I want seasons. I want the mountains and fresh air. No offense to everyone who likes it here. It's just not for me. :frown:
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in SoFla. It's not so bad.
  • luchien
    luchien Posts: 15
    Options
    I am in Destin, FL :) Moved from Ontario, Canada so a change of climate for sure! But so far I am loving it.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Tampa born and raised!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Born in Louisiana but raised in Florida. Lived there most of my life. Grew up mostly on Anna Maria Island. Sold my house in Plant City a couple of years ago. Live on the road now but maintain a FL address for my license.
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SWFL here! :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Originally from New York City but I moved to South Florida approximately 2 years ago. I miss NYC but its too crowded and expensive.
  • Timkoetta
    Timkoetta Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Florida girl here! I like it but there are other states I like as well! I should be a snowbird :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Orlando area too! It's pouring rain as I type :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Florida. Brevard County (Kennedy Space Center/Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral) area. 2 years ago we moved away to Utah because my boyfriend transferred with his job.

I have always liked cooler weather more then the hot drippy weather. The one thing I DO NOT miss about FL is the humidity. Even having lived there for 27 years I go back and I can barely breathe. I'm sure if he got the chance to transfer back though I would acclimate quickly. All of our family lives back there.

I lived in Orlando for a few years. Drivers are notoriously horrible over there.
    I'm from Brevard too! I don't live there now but my parents still do!
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in the capital city of Florida!

ditto Home of the Florida State CrimiNoles.

i bleed garnet and gold.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    living in Bradenton, Fl. originally born and raised in Stralsund Germany then moved to Everett Ma. then to Chelmsford Ma. then to Tyngsboro Ma. then to New Ipswich N.H. then to Bradenton Florida, home sweet home now and I am loving it. Wished I had done the move 10 years earlier. Very happy here living on the gulf coast.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Hi! :D

Born and raised in the panhandle, living in Orlando now.

I'm ready for a change though, moving out of state for law school next year!
  • bikiniquest12
    Options
    Hey, born and raised in south Florida, bought property in North Carolina mountains, now stuck with a house we can't sell so will have to make the best of it. I am pushing the upwards end of 40's and the humidity sucks! Would love to see it snow sometime as well.
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I moved from NY to Florida and honestly, I hated it at first, a year later I loved it. Due to some circumstances, had to move back to NY and man do I miss Florida!!! I try to go at least 3-4x a year to visit my friends and hope to some day move back.
  • LoriTRees
    LoriTRees Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Born and raised. I love Florida and I love my town and will probably never leave. :-)