Everyone who eats 2500+ calories!

Options
LovesGG
LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
Are you out there?

I'm looking for more like-minded individuals. Anyone looking to gain weight, and/or anyone who eats around 2,500+ calories a day.... send a request my way.

Replies

• LovesGG
    Options
    Bump.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    we're already friends and i'm not even trying to gain! :)
  • LovesGG
    Options
    <33333333333333333333333333333333333
    For some reason I'd still put you into this category just because we're like-minded.
    Options
    No one else!?
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would try to repost this to another thread such as food and nutrition. You may get more responses there.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating 1700-2200 most days to lose weight and once I get closer to my goal, I'm sure I'll be eating 2500+ daily. Do I count?
    Options
    I'm currently eating 1700-2200 most days to lose weight and once I get closer to my goal, I'm sure I'll be eating 2500+ daily. Do I count?

I think you do:)
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    2500+ a day is easy, just balance it with lots of cardio
  • shail07
    shail07 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes, I am here to gain weight :)
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've started eating around 3,300 a day to bulk until spring (I'm from Aus) Generally walk an hour each day, weights for 45mins 3-4x a week, plus surf 2-3 times a week

To the people above slandering you for asking; MFP isn't just for people aiming to lose weight. It's about tracking food and exercise for me and knowing I get the right amount of nutrients, as well as easily seeing what I ate compared to what my body is doing.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat 2100 - 2400, sometimes over 2500. My diary is public (or you can add me), but if you are looking for food ideas, I am probably not very creative... Still experimenting with that :p I would be eating over 2500 if I ate all my exercise calories, but until I get a HRM I won't do that.
  • KatiesRunnersHigh
    Options
    that is so true. in the US there are ALOT more over than underweight so theres this social stigma on the underweight. i kind of feel like its bitterness and jealousy and small mindedness. take a psychology class or develop some empathy geez
  • cuteepi
    cuteepi Posts: 5
    Options
    I probably eat 2500+ calories in a day, but I really need to stop it since I'm about 70 pounds overweight!
  • shail07
    shail07 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can someone help me about diet chart. What should I eat in my daily routine to gain weight.
  • Ironlion45
    Ironlion45 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain weight, make sure it's the right kind of calories!

Nutritionally, you want to stay away from sugars, and fats, and red meats, things like that.

You want to focus on protein rather than carbs, Fish, eggs (egg whites to keep the cholesterol down!), Soy. Chicken/turkey are okay, but pork and beef should be eaten sparingly

You can get away with as much as 20 % of your daily caloric intake from fat- but make sure it's "good" fat (olive oil, grapeseed oil, avocado, etc.). And remember that's 20% of calories, not 20% of your diet. :D 1 tablespoon of olive oil is ~120 calories; 2oz of salad dressing is 4 times that amount, so keep that in mind.

For Carbs, if you're trying to bulk up, you're going to want to have some carbs and a lot of protien. The carbs you want to choose are the more complex starches. Potatoes are not too bad, but really the best for cabs are whole-grain products, be it pasta, bread, brown rice. Whole grains tend to have the more complex starches, higher nutritional content, and for people of a certain age the fiber is nice too. Definitely minimize the simple sugars.

Also don't forget- I'm guessing you're not looking to gain fat, but would rather muscle weight: Don't forget to combine strength exercises with cardio exercises. Healthy weight gain is hard to do without BOTH.

I am incredibly jealous of your problem btw, and I am not afraid to admit that a small part of me hates you for it ;) But that said, I really wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals!

EDIT: yeah, despite being overweight myself, I actually have a college degree in this stuff, Nutrition and food science, So I do know what I'm doing here. Which means I really have no excuse being so overweight! :p
  • LovesGG
    Options
    Consider a lot of you guys added, when MFP stops crashing. It won't take me to your profiles :frown:
    That being said, I'm currently eating 1700-2200 most days to lose weight and once I get closer to my goal, I'm sure I'll be eating 2500+ daily. Do I count?

Yes you do.
    I am incredibly jealous of your problem btw, and I am not afraid to admit that a small part of me hates you for it ;) But that said, I really wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals!

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I get jealous too. I wish it was the other way around because I seem to be really good at losing weight *sigh*
    Options
    2500+ a day is easy, just balance it with lots of cardio

that would defeat the purpose.
    Options
    Can someone help me about diet chart. What should I eat in my daily routine to gain weight.

depends on what your "problem" is...are you having a tough time eating enough calories? For me 2500 calories is a cake walk...seriously.

Some ideas...

1. cook oatmeal/cereal in milk, add in 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp maple/honey/agave ~ 550-600 calories
    2. saute or top all veggies/salads w/ 1 tbsp olive oil--adds 120 calories
    3. eat 3-4 oz nuts/seeds a day which is basically 1/2 to 2/3 cup...not hard at all- 480-640 calories
    4. choose low bulk foods--corn/peas/carrots over broccoli/cauliflower for example
    5. have a fat with every snack/meal --hummus, olive oil, tahini, nuts, avocado, guacamole, etc.
    6. drink your calories if you're struggling--a cup of milk, smoothie made w/milk, yogurt, fruit, pb, etc.
    7. top pasta/potatoes/rice/etc with 2oz low fat cheese = 140-200 calories
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    I eat 5000-6000 aday when I want to gain weight is that oke 2?:D
  • awsodish
    awsodish Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat 5000-6000 aday when I want to gain weight is that oke 2?:D

only if you're a sick ****, then its oke!