Everyone who eats 2500+ calories!

Options

Replies

• freckledbean
    Options
    I'm gaining/recovering, supposed to eat 3,000+.

Anyone who is jealous of having to eat this much is clearly deprived and hungry...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm gaining/recovering, supposed to eat 3,000+.

Anyone who is jealous of having to eat this much is clearly deprived and hungry...
    not necessarily. HUNGRY yes. DEPRIVED maybe. I am certainly not deprived but i have no problem eating 3000 calories a day(except it would make me gain weight which is not my goal).
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I eat 5000-6000 aday when I want to gain weight is that oke 2?:D

Woah, 5000-6000? Yes that is "oke" too :)
  • LovesGG
    Options
    I'm trying so hard to add all these people but MFP isn't letting me go to anyone's page at the moment.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I eat 2150-2200 to lose but when maintaining I do.......eat more that is.....2500+ :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm trying so hard to add all these people but MFP isn't letting me go to anyone's page at the moment.

same for me. the site is having issues. people's accounts not working, disappearing, etc etc.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    To the rude posters, Facebook is waiting for you!:laugh:

To those that are here for NUTRITIONAL reasons, whether that be, weight gain, weight loss, maintenance, who cares. It is ultimately about eating BETTER! Congrats to all that are trying to eat better, whatever your success rate.

OP - I am currently eating 3000cals a day, some days this is TOUGH but I just don't put weight on :( I am currently doing P90X/Insanity hybrid. I am going to stay at this intake for awhile. Previously when I was eating 3600 I found I gained a "muffin" top & I figure I have been slim/skinny/lithe too long & am just not used to weight gain. I will be looking for slow consistent gain, with continued positive changes in bf% & body composition.

Russ
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'.

A lot of people need to gain weight, it is no different then you or I who need to loose weight... I have friends who are skinny and they want to gain weight to be more comfortable, and yes, healthy!

For the lady who started the topic...
    Good Luck to you, and yes this is the site for you.
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat 2150-2200 to lose but when maintaining I do.......eat more that is.....2500+ :)

WOW... I saw your ticker... that is awesome!!
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm generally around 2200 with out workouts. Above 2500 more often than not
  • pfradd
    pfradd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This web site/ app is for everyone not just us fattys but for skinny people as well ! If someone wants to gain weight or lose it its up to the them and we are here for support !!! not to say you shouldn't be here. You don't like what you see don't be friends with that person........
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    My calorie target is 2500 calories a day & I'm losing 1 lb a week doing it, so I can relate to the eating lots but I'm not bulking. :smile:
  • LovesGG
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies. I didn't really expect that many. Yes with MFP, I've successfully gained over 10 pounds. I'm glad MFP is for everyone because idk what I'd do without it. Being underweight is a real issue and I think it's just as hard as losing weight (however, some may argue that gaining is harder). I'm just having trouble meeting 2700 without resorting to "junk" food or a gallon of juice. Last call for the high calorie eaters. One last bump before I leave this topic alone and start a new one in a couple months lol
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked this was myFITNESSpal, not myWEIGHTLOSSpal, so yes, when it comes about fitness there those who need/want to lose weight and those who need/want to gain weight. The OP is on the right site, maybe just posted on the wrong message board.

Anyways, 2500+ Calories? I'm here! Trying to get to 2800 calories a day.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I find that increasing calories is easiest with either healthy fats like nuts/avocado/olive oil/butter or with low fat carbs. Pasta & rice are easy ways to get those calories in...I know my stomach seems to be a bottomless pit when it comes to those, lol. Of course complex carbs are better compared to simple carbs, but in my experience I find that avoiding sugar as much as possible is sufficient to curb junk food cravings.
  • Ironlion45
    Ironlion45 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me about diet chart. What should I eat in my daily routine to gain weight.

depends on what your "problem" is...are you having a tough time eating enough calories? For me 2500 calories is a cake walk...seriously.

Some ideas...

1. cook oatmeal/cereal in milk, add in 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp maple/honey/agave ~ 550-600 calories
    2. saute or top all veggies/salads w/ 1 tbsp olive oil--adds 120 calories
    3. eat 3-4 oz nuts/seeds a day which is basically 1/2 to 2/3 cup...not hard at all- 480-640 calories
    4. choose low bulk foods--corn/peas/carrots over broccoli/cauliflower for example
    5. have a fat with every snack/meal --hummus, olive oil, tahini, nuts, avocado, guacamole, etc.
    6. drink your calories if you're struggling--a cup of milk, smoothie made w/milk, yogurt, fruit, pb, etc.
    7. top pasta/potatoes/rice/etc with 2oz low fat cheese = 140-200 calories

Be careful about adding fats- yes they add calories, but they also add fats, cholesterol. They have other complications. It's really good to stick to about 20% fat calories in your diet. For gaining weight, good whole-grain carbs will also be your friend, but you want a lot of protien to be the bulk of your diet generally . even 50% of it.

Remember, when you want to gain weight, you don't just want to put on rolls of fat; some fat is normal and healthy, but you don 't want it to get out of hand.
  • OvOv
    OvOv Posts: 50
    Options
    I've been bulking for the last year on around 2700-3000 cals.

At the moment I'm cutting tho for summer (so around 2000 cals).

I'm gonna start on a massive bulk again in August so feel free to add me.
  • ijustmightbecrazy
    Options
    When I decided to turn things around last October @ 340 lbs (jesus I was so huge), my CUTTING calories were above 2700, and took 3 months to drop below 2500. Even now my cutting calories are only just below 2300, and I've lost nearly 80 lbs in six months. My maintenance calories if I were to stop my weight loss right now, is above 2900 with my current activity level. There's nothing wrong with eating above 2500 calories - if that's what you need to do.

Based on the info in your profile that you're also lifting heavy:

1) Multiply your maintenance calories by 1.2
    2) Eat your body weight in grams of protein
    3) Eat half your body weight in grams of fat
    4) Eat the remaining calories in carbs

As you add muscle to your Lean Body Mass, your maintenance calories will go up as well, just make sure to check your body fat % once a month to make sure it's more muscle being gained than fat.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Can someone help me about diet chart. What should I eat in my daily routine to gain weight.

depends on what your "problem" is...are you having a tough time eating enough calories? For me 2500 calories is a cake walk...seriously.

Some ideas...

1. cook oatmeal/cereal in milk, add in 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp maple/honey/agave ~ 550-600 calories
    2. saute or top all veggies/salads w/ 1 tbsp olive oil--adds 120 calories
    3. eat 3-4 oz nuts/seeds a day which is basically 1/2 to 2/3 cup...not hard at all- 480-640 calories
    4. choose low bulk foods--corn/peas/carrots over broccoli/cauliflower for example
    5. have a fat with every snack/meal --hummus, olive oil, tahini, nuts, avocado, guacamole, etc.
    6. drink your calories if you're struggling--a cup of milk, smoothie made w/milk, yogurt, fruit, pb, etc.
    7. top pasta/potatoes/rice/etc with 2oz low fat cheese = 140-200 calories

Be careful about adding fats- yes they add calories, but they also add fats, cholesterol. They have other complications. It's really good to stick to about 20% fat calories in your diet. For gaining weight, good whole-grain carbs will also be your friend, but you want a lot of protien to be the bulk of your diet generally . even 50% of it.

Remember, when you want to gain weight, you don't just want to put on rolls of fat; some fat is normal and healthy, but you don 't want it to get out of hand.

Where are you getting your information? Dietary fat DOES NOT make you fat. You can eat up to 35% fat and be just fine. This is a common misconception and is quite unfounded.

"Keep total fat intake between 20 to 35 percent of calories, with most fats coming from sources of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, such as fish, nuts, and vegetable oils."

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/recommendations.htm

Saturated fat intake should be restricted to 10% or less of your calories but total fat can be much greater than 20%.

also supported by the mayoclinic...

"Recommendation: Limit total fat to 20 to 35 percent of your daily calories. Fat has 9 calories a gram. Based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, this amounts to about 400 to 700 calories a day, or about 44 to 78 grams of total fat. Emphasize unsaturated fats from healthier sources, such as lean poultry, fish and healthy oils, such as olive, canola and nut oils. Limit less healthy full-fat dairy products, desserts, pizza, burgers and sausage, and other fatty meats. "

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'.

Both nasty and unhelpful.

I don't eat 2500 calories right now but I'd love to! :) I'm at around 1800, just trying to lose very slowly while getting back to strength training (I've been lazy for a while) and then will consider bulking, depending on how I look/feel/if I decide I want more muscle. Anyway, I have some friends (mostly male) who are trying to gain and one female friend who is cutting right now after a bulk. I'm happy to support you.