Everyone who eats 2500+ calories!

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying to lose weight, and besides this week, with exercise I eat between 2000 and 2500 calories almost daily. Does that count?
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'.

Rude.

i agree very rude!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i don't have much to say that will help. i am here to lose but can completely understand wanting to gain. looking at your profile you are quite small...and are doing a great job on your gain!!

just wanted to say good luck. eating healthy AND high calories seems pretty tricky to me. i am working with around 1500 and if i workout i have a hard time filling those calories back because i'm simply not hungry and don't want to eat junk.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more like-minded individuals. Anyone looking to gain weight, and/or anyone who eats around 2,500+ calories a day.... send a request my way.
    My daily calorie goal without any exercise is 2400. Most days, I eat more... sometimes as much as 5,000+ (not necessarily a good thing). There are lots of different kinds of fitness goals. Friend me if you like.

When reviewing some of the comments here, just remember Col 3:12. (I saw your profile)

:-)
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Very rude!
    My Fitness pal is about nutrition and meeting fitness goals for all. The thing about those who work out more than the average person, a lot need to track their food to ensure not only are they getting enough food for fuel, but they eat the right ones.
    I teach 8-10 fitness cardio classes a week, its really easy to justify eating whatever I want, and although I can do that, and not gain, I don't lose either, and I am still on my weight loss journey. So support all who come here, there is no room for negativity like that, we are here to support everyone- and all deserve the same respect
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am only in the 2000- 2200 hundred range. You can me if you like.
    saw your pics can i add u too? :P lol
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'.

Fitness site, not Weight Watchers. Some folks are here looking to gain muscle mass, some are looking to lose fat, and some are here to do a combination of both. It is indeed the right site.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    give me another month and i will be. I'm at 2200 right now, but almost at my desired bf%
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I eat loads too!

I am not particularly trying to gain weight, just gain strength and fuel my training and typically some weight comes with that. I would be glad to have some friends who are doing the same.

Although I have many cool buddies on here, most are trying to lose weight. Nothing wrong with that, and we often have some interesting discussions and inspirations, but having someone with a closer goal would be nice.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm netting 2000 calories, so 2000 on weekends (rest days) but around 2300-2500 on training days. That's to lose weight though, but I'll be bulking around August/September on around 3000+.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

Umm... excess calories are needed to actually BUILD muscle... I lift weights and am looking for real gains and that only occurs when you feed your body EXCESS calories. No problem here!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me about diet chart. What should I eat in my daily routine to gain weight.

depends on what your "problem" is...are you having a tough time eating enough calories? For me 2500 calories is a cake walk...seriously.

Some ideas...

1. cook oatmeal/cereal in milk, add in 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp maple/honey/agave ~ 550-600 calories
    2. saute or top all veggies/salads w/ 1 tbsp olive oil--adds 120 calories
    3. eat 3-4 oz nuts/seeds a day which is basically 1/2 to 2/3 cup...not hard at all- 480-640 calories
    4. choose low bulk foods--corn/peas/carrots over broccoli/cauliflower for example
    5. have a fat with every snack/meal --hummus, olive oil, tahini, nuts, avocado, guacamole, etc.
    6. drink your calories if you're struggling--a cup of milk, smoothie made w/milk, yogurt, fruit, pb, etc.
    7. top pasta/potatoes/rice/etc with 2oz low fat cheese = 140-200 calories

Be careful about adding fats- yes they add calories, but they also add fats, cholesterol. They have other complications. It's really good to stick to about 20% fat calories in your diet. For gaining weight, good whole-grain carbs will also be your friend, but you want a lot of protien to be the bulk of your diet generally . even 50% of it.

Remember, when you want to gain weight, you don't just want to put on rolls of fat; some fat is normal and healthy, but you don 't want it to get out of hand.

Where are you getting your information? Dietary fat DOES NOT make you fat. You can eat up to 35% fat and be just fine. This is a common misconception and is quite unfounded.

"Keep total fat intake between 20 to 35 percent of calories, with most fats coming from sources of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, such as fish, nuts, and vegetable oils."

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/recommendations.htm

Saturated fat intake should be restricted to 10% or less of your calories but total fat can be much greater than 20%.

also supported by the mayoclinic...

"Recommendation: Limit total fat to 20 to 35 percent of your daily calories. Fat has 9 calories a gram. Based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, this amounts to about 400 to 700 calories a day, or about 44 to 78 grams of total fat. Emphasize unsaturated fats from healthier sources, such as lean poultry, fish and healthy oils, such as olive, canola and nut oils. Limit less healthy full-fat dairy products, desserts, pizza, burgers and sausage, and other fatty meats. "

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

She speaks the truth...fats are essential!

I wish everyone would just realise that all fat isn't saturated fat!!

^^ THAT. Hence the term "ESSENTIAL fatty acids"... Which help GOOD cholesterol and heart health.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options

I eat 2500 to LOSE weight...what got you so grumpy today?? she wasn't asking for sympathy...she was asking for friends with similar goals.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    "I kind of think this is not the right website for you. Not gonna get alot of replies or sympathy because you can't gain wait. Might want to look for a different website that's more geared to your 'problem'"

myFITNESSpal. Gain, lose, win or draw, whatever this website is about being healthy and most of all...wait for it...FITNESS!

People aren't showoffs just because they aren't trying to lose weight, some people on on here simply to track their calories and what they eat. I didn't see a rule stating "you should be here to lose weight or GTFO!"

Gees
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My daily caloric intake averages right around 2300 calories. I'm 5'9, 143 pounds and 40 years old (female). Some days, I eat as few as 2100 calories a day (sitting around on my butt), but other days it's closer to 3000 (backpacking trip). I'm trying to maintain my current weight.
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Shame on you. First of all, you're wrong about this being a website only for people looking to lose.
    Second, you apparently think being underweight isn't a problem to be solved, and anyone can just gain if they want to. You don't speak for the forum, you speak for your own ignorance and that is it.
    Maybe look beyond your own nose and you'll see that not everyone has the same issues as you do.

I am appalled at this response.

Bravo to you! I was equally appalled at her response. It was about as supportive and effective as telling someone with suicidal thoughts, "why don't you just go kill yourself." I think unfortunately that the help she needs is not available on this site because you can make your outside bigger or smaller with work but a bad attitude and ugly personality just simply cannot be fixed. Ignorance however can and perhaps she should be reading something worthwhile and informative.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose but I have friends who are trying to gain and support them also. Good luck to you:)
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Losing weight eating 3600-3800 calories 5 times a week, the other two are lower to keep a lb week loss.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This is definitley the right site and place to post your question. i should be eating around 2700 calories just to maintain. Gaining weight is just as hard as losing weight.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options

MMM I bet those words taste yummy, be sure and log em!

OP you can add me if ya want and good luck!