Do you feel like exercising during your period???

Options
12346»

Replies

• kikisalander
    kikisalander Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I normally don't on the first day because no matter how intense I do or do not go, I end up with cramps. After that it depends how I'm feeling but I usually walk if nothing else.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes I feel better after getting a run/bike ride, etc. in or a swim, or a cardio class elliptical or strength. Helps me sleep.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a period in a year, thanks to the depo shot. Bless it's little cotton socks. But, back when it was coming around, I didn't work out really ever but when I had my spurts of "I'm going to get healthy!" I wouldn't.

But I was lazy. I would now if I had one unless I felt like I was miscarrying Satan's child - which is why I'm on the shot. Darn fibroids. i think if you feel like absolute crap, you aren't going to be bringing your best to your workout. So use a rest day, come back the next day if you can. If not, when you get back to it, work your butt off!!!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have done so well until today. I started so now I'm like blah, I dont want to go for my run or walk. How do you get past this? Just do it or take a day or 2 off?

I get horrendous periods and cramps!! Some months I take the day off, this is most often. However, if the cramps are mild and tolerable, I'll go to the gym and work with the trainer. BUT, I let him know and we reduce the bouncing exercises...Mainly to ward of cramps but also to keep the plug from falling out!! hahahahaha!! I'm twisted but honest!! Good luck and only you can gauge the pain and discomfort level to know whether to proceed or not!