hour glass shaped girls??

Options

Replies

• Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I dunno what would be considered hourglass. But I'm 38-30-39. I'm happy with my silhouette, I just want it to be smaller :)
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'2 38-30-40.5 31 y o mommy. I have always been hour glass shaped. Even when I was at my smallest (105) I always have the 10 inch difference between waist and hips. I love my curves, just trying to make them a bit smaller!
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    what is considered hour glass exactly? I am 5'3 bust 37, waist 29 & hips 39 after a 30 lb. weight loss, hoping for 5 more.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Personally, I'd prefer pear. I hate my boobs! I want to go braless just once in my life. :-(

LOL. I gave up that dream by 6th grade. I was a C cup. :(
    Now I am just hoping to get to an F with my weight loss. Somehow into adulthood, my body portions changed a bit. I got more waist definition and a bigger chest. :( I am at an H cup now.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Personally, I'd prefer pear. I hate my boobs! I want to go braless just once in my life. :-(

LOL. I gave up that dream by 6th grade. I was a C cup. :(
    Now I am just hoping to get to an F with my weight loss. Somehow into adulthood, my body portions changed a bit. I got more waist definition and a bigger chest. :( I am at an H cup now.

I was a C in fourth grade and they weren't perky even then. *sigh*

But they don't really change in size based on weight gain or loss, so they haven't gotten super huge. They went to a D/DD with my pregnancy and never went down, though. Lots of mammary tissue my puppies and not so much fat.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 34", 26", 34", but I feel like I'm more pear shaped LOOKING than hourglass shaped.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    for a long time i thought i was a ruler but as i'm losing weight it's more hour glass since i'm losing mainly from my midsection at the moment
    5'5 202 pounds
    chest :46
    waist : 39
    hips: 46.25

goal: 38-24-38 but i seriously doubt i'll be able to lose that much up top. breast fat seems to be my body's favorite storage section

and YES hula hooping is hard work not only is it cardio, but you also use your core, hips and thighs. i'll have to look for a weighted hula hoop

You have just inspired a ruler who'd LOVE to be a hourglass or pear (blame my culture)!
  • Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    5'8 and def an hourglass, 140lb ish
    Bust 35
    Waist 35
    Hips 36

Can't get that last inch off hips!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    for a long time i thought i was a ruler but as i'm losing weight it's more hour glass since i'm losing mainly from my midsection at the moment
    5'5 202 pounds

goal: 38-24-38 but i seriously doubt i'll be able to lose that much up top. breast fat seems to be my body's favorite storage section

and YES hula hooping is hard work not only is it cardio, but you also use your core, hips and thighs. i'll have to look for a weighted hula hoop

You have just inspired a ruler who'd LOVE to be a hourglass or pear (blame my culture)!

Hula hooping will not change your bone structure. It's a good workout and will help you lose fat and tone your core (which will make your waist smaller) but it will not change your proportions. You cannot exercise yourself into an hourglass any more than an hourglass can diet or exercise her way into a straight figure.
  • jadedone
    Options
    Current:
    Height -- 5'6"
    Weight -- 161
    Bust -- 40
    Waist -- 30
    Hips -- 40

Goals:
    Weight -- 135
    Bust -- 37
    Waist -- 27
    Hips -- 37

At lower weights I tend to be hourglass, but above 155 and I always packed weight on my upperbody. Since beginning heavy lifting I noticed that along with belly fat, my back and ribcage problem areas have begun to shrink. Before with just cardio I would lose a lot of belly fat and my bust, but the fat around my ribcage wouldn't budge much. So hopefully I can reach my goal weight/BF % and have that hourglass!

Nice tip. I need to make sure to do that, as I have a few torso problem areas.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ugh... 5'3 and want the hour glass shape! 36,30,34..... getting there.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5’1” 107 lbs
    Bust 35
    Waist 24.5
    Hips 34
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    5'5 202 pounds

Hula hooping will not change your bone structure. It's a good workout and will help you lose fat and tone your core (which will make your waist smaller) but it will not change your proportions. You cannot exercise yourself into an hourglass any more than an hourglass can diet or exercise her way into a straight figure.

^^
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    5'8 and def an hourglass, 140lb ish
    Bust 35
    Waist 35
    Hips 36

Can't get that last inch off hips!!!

Is your waist actually 35? Because if it is, you're not hourglass. Your waist has to be smaller than your hips and bust by more than an inch.
  • Sinanthiel
    Sinanthiel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, there is something that can change your bone structure. I have a 16 inch difference from waist to hips. However, it hasn't always been that way. When I was 18, I met a guy, we got engaged and broke up after 2 years of being together. In the time that I knew him, I at least learned some new things from him. I've always been extremely curvy in my torso, I used to be 14 inches from waist to hips, but I'm two inches smaller in my waist, and I weigh more now than when it was 14 inches. Okay, so I'll get to the point and not keep you in suspense. I achieved my smaller waist by wearing a boned corset part time. If I had worn it full time, I could have an even smaller waist. So, if you want to try it, you need to wear a boned corset (they call it boned because in the victorian era, they used actual bone, now they're made with metal) for at least 8 hours a day. I was warring mine for 8 - 12 hours a day. Full time wearers wear them for 24 hours a day. This is not a tool to lose weight, it will just provide an hourglass figure. You also need someone to tighten the corset from the back while you're wearing it. You it tightened only in the waist, not the entire back. The upper back and lower back of the corset should be wider than the waist. If you want more indepth information about corseting, Google information on it. You can buy inexpensive corsets, I paid $70 for mine, and it's good quality. Some corsets go for over $1000.
  • veebear
    veebear Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here, here. I'm so tired of my E/F cups, have tried so many diets and exercises and they won't budge! *kitten* boobs!
    At least I can try to lose my tim, I gave up on wearing shirts or any fitted clothes ages ago, coz my waist to hip ratio just doesn't cope with UK clothes!
    Here's the the hourglass, scorned by the fashion world but loved by men x
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Well, there is something that can change your bone structure. I have a 16 inch difference from waist to hips. However, it hasn't always been that way. When I was 18, I met a guy, we got engaged and broke up after 2 years of being together. In the time that I knew him, I at least learned some new things from him. I've always been extremely curvy in my torso, I used to be 14 inches from waist to hips, but I'm two inches smaller in my waist, and I weigh more now than when it was 14 inches. Okay, so I'll get to the point and not keep you in suspense. I achieved my smaller waist by wearing a boned corset part time. If I had worn it full time, I could have an even smaller waist. So, if you want to try it, you need to wear a boned corset (they call it boned because in the victorian era, they used actual bone, now they're made with metal) for at least 8 hours a day. I was warring mine for 8 - 12 hours a day. Full time wearers wear them for 24 hours a day. This is not a tool to lose weight, it will just provide an hourglass figure. You also need someone to tighten the corset from the back while you're wearing it. You it tightened only in the waist, not the entire back. The upper back and lower back of the corset should be wider than the waist. If you want more indepth information about corseting, Google information on it. You can buy inexpensive corsets, I paid $70 for mine, and it's good quality. Some corsets go for over $1000.
    Okay..that still doesn't change bone structure, just "fat structure" LOL You can NOT change your bones unless you shave them down or break them! I mean they are solid..cmon people. lol You can wear a corset though and change your figure, she's right. :] The only way I know to make your hips bigger and literally it is because your bones stretched is childbirth of course! lmso.
  • Sinanthiel
    Sinanthiel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Actually, in the Victorian era, doctors examined many women whose ribcages moved, and got smaller. From the ribcage to hips there are no large bones, just the spine. A corset can't change the hip structure, but it can change the ribcage.
  • jadedone
    Options
    90% of the people in these comments arent hourglass LOL but most of them have awesome hips ! I want to keep my hips. Just for reference if anyone wants to know hourglass means your hips and your bust minus your waist both equal 9 inches or more. Like 40inch hips and a 31inch waist plus 40inch bust. Plus bust and hips are no more than 2 inches apart, so 40inch hips and 42inch bust is okay too. :] Otherwise if only the hips are big it is a pear shape, which is also lovely. <3

LOL, based on your definition, I am an hourglass. But I look more like a pear. :D Pesky narrow shoulders.
    Well you look hourglass to me! Especially in the pic you took with the little sweater over your shirt/skirt outfit! :] I have broad shoulders lol it is not all its cracked up to be! lmso

Oh man, in high school, I looked like a super pear. And my legs were total drumsticks. My legs are still drumsticks. But I am much more in proportion now. Weight lifting helped for sure. I do little extra for my upper body. Maybe at goal I'll be an hourglass. My shoulders are catching up to my hip width. :)
  • anthonysarchangel
    anthonysarchangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It has been some time since I measured myself because the last time I was in huge ranges and that was about 40 pounds ago. I think I was around 51 41 52, damn hips :sad: When I weighed 140 (which was 150 pounds ago) I was 41 27 42, again damn hips! As I have gotten older I have had to buy bras that actually lift and support rather than just lift because the pressure on my shoulders ended up giving me bursitis last year.

I enjoy my hourglass shape even though I am seriously fat. I just tell people I have an hourglass figure, it just has a lot of sand right now. :laugh: