hour glass shaped girls??

Options

Replies

• skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I don't know what shape I am! Im 5"5 and mine are bust: 34, waist: 26, and hips: 33.5
    I would like to get my waist to 24 and my hips to 30 :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    What is considered hour glass?

Im almost 5'7

bust 36-38d
    waist 33
    hips 41

would like to be:
    bust 36-38d
    waist 27-29
    hips 39-40

what weight got you under a 30 inch waist? anyone? :)

Last time I had a 30 inch waist (or a little under) was when I was about 180-185 or so. I am 5'4.5"

Your mileage may ary.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Def an hour glass.....38-28-38 at 60 years young. At my prime, was a 36-26-36, so at this stage of my life, I will def. take these measurements.....
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Someone on here said I was pear and not hourglass but I just read a few things that said shoulder measurements are a more accurate indicator? My shoulders are a similar width to my hips. I don't mind being a pear, but I just don't know if I am. Not all hourglasses have a big bust, do they?

I dunno, this just doesn't seem 'pear' to me. It's pretty proportioned. Can someone please clarify for me?

7108063765_24845ce30b.jpg

And

6962000758_42bbcee90d.jpg

(Excuse the fatness :sad: )
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm an hourglass shaped girl 5'1"

Chest 34"
    waist 29.5"
    hips35.75
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    5'4" Hourglass:

-bust (largest point)- 39
    -waist (smallest point) - 28
    -hips (largest point) - 41

These have probably changed, I am not exactly sure when I took them. I ALWAYS lose from my waist first.

Last time I was my ideal weight i was somewhere around 35/25/36, and that would be a great place to get to again :).
    Wow your body sounds so similar to mine before my kids! lol I was 39-27-41 after I lost weight in high school and loved it! I'm jelly :]
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Certainly a short hour glass but haven't measured! Dare I?!!
  • Verity1111
    Options

Im almost 5'7

bust 36-38d
    waist 33
    hips 41

would like to be:
    bust 36-38d
    waist 27-29
    hips 39-40

When I worked out in high school I started around 39(36B)-32-42 at maybe 165lbs? I worked out on the treadmill mostly and the elliptical, bike, as well as bench press with my legs (about 100lbs to start and worked my way up). I was 145 within about two months and my measurements were 39(36B)-27-40/41 I can't remember if it was 40 or 41 for the hips to be honest with you :]
    P.S.
    I was 181 a few weeks ago and I measured 44.5-34-44.5 so I don't know how people were 180 with a tiny waist..unless they have an extremely large toosh and hips and breasts lol OR it could be since I have a large face that my measurements stay large because I am skinny when I'm 145lbs. Well anyways I am an average sized person in the toosh, my hips are large and my breasts are 36D/36DD.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    5'4

Dont measure bust, but right now I wear a 32 D

Waist - 27.5
    Hips - 38.75

Goal:

Reduce cup size, would rather be a C cup
    Waist: 23-24
    Hips: 35? I dont really care honestly, I'm mostly concerned about my waist size.
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    5'1"
    measurements= 33, 24, 35 at 116lbs
    goal= 33, 22-3, 34 at about 105 (my 'race weight' for when I start half marathon training)

I was there at Thanksgiving-Christmas, but then I stopped working as hard for the new year -_-'
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Im almost 5'7

bust 36-38d
    waist 33
    hips 41

would like to be:
    bust 36-38d
    waist 27-29
    hips 39-40

When I worked out in high school I started around 39(36B)-32-42 at maybe 165lbs? I worked out on the treadmill mostly and the elliptical, bike, as well as bench press with my legs (about 100lbs to start and worked my way up). I was 145 within about two months and my measurements were 39(36B)-27-40/41 I can't remember if it was 40 or 41 for the hips to be honest with you :]
    P.S.
    I was 181 a few weeks ago and I measured 44.5-34-44.5 so I don't know how people were 180 with a tiny waist..unless they have an extremely large toosh and hips and breasts lol OR it could be since I have a large face that my measurements stay large because I am skinny when I'm 145lbs. Well anyways I am an average sized person in the toosh, my hips are large and my breasts are 36D/36DD.

I am 184lbs with a 31.5" waist. I started out at 196lbs with a 36" waist. It is entirely possible, just depends how your body shape is and where you lose weight/inches from first. My stomach is the first to trim down and, thus, so is my waist.
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    Someone on here said I was pear and not hourglass but I just read a few things that said shoulder measurements are a more accurate indicator? My shoulders are a similar width to my hips. I don't mind being a pear, but I just don't know if I am. Not all hourglasses have a big bust, do they?

I dunno, this just doesn't seem 'pear' to me. It's pretty proportioned. Can someone please clarify for me?

And

no, not all hourglass have a big bust. You're hourglass if your bust & hip measurements are close & your waist measurement is i think at least 9 inches less! (don't quote me on the last # though).
    you can check at this website if you want
    http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html
  • Verity1111
    Options

And

Fat where? I don't think you look fat dear. I also think you do look more like a pear though to be honest with you and that isn't a bad thing, but you don't look entirely hourglass to me. For me it is more the way your hips catch attention more that makes it obvious they are your largest curve. Usually an hourglass has hips that gradually go out, but your curve looks a bit rounded (not in a fat round way lol) because the top of you side to side is thinner, not anything to do with your actual "bust". I just think you look more pear and bust is big on an hourglass if hips are big..they must be 10inch difference (or 9 according to some people) from the waist and only 2" or less difference between bust and hips. So technically someone could have a wide body side to side and small breasts, but still be hourglass if you see what I mean.

P.S. I seen you before around here and I just realized it when I checked your profile! I am so jealous. I wish I had such a tiny waist...Seriously you are so near my dream size. :] I am just about the same weight and yet my waist is 3 inches larger darn it. I seriously want to lose these inches quick.
  • AEJhoi
    AEJhoi Posts: 36
    Options
    I think I am also hour glass, I dont have any measurements but I am 5"6
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

And

no, not all hourglass have a big bust. You're hourglass if your bust & hip measurements are close & your waist measurement is i think at least 9 inches less! (don't quote me on the last # though).
    you can check at this website if you want
    http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html

But unless you have tiny hips, you're saying you have to have a big bust to be hourglass. My hips are 46.5", if my bust was the same, I'd be huge! My waist is 15" less than my hips and 7.5" smaller than my bust, I believe. But it's just all the proper body shape articles I have read advocate shoulder width and balance as being a better indicator. Because not all hourglasses have a bigger bust, or matching bust to their hips, I think the shoulders and the visual is a better indicator. Also, don't forget that butt size will influence hip width. So some people give hourglass measurements but don't look hourglass at all. So if you're 38-28-38 with a protuding bum, you're not going to look very hourglassy because your hips won't be very wide. Not only that, but height influences curves too. 38-28-38 on a 5"8 person is unlikely to look as curvy as on a 5"4 person.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

And

Fat where? I don't think you look fat dear. I also think you do look more like a pear though to be honest with you and that isn't a bad thing, but you don't look entirely hourglass to me. For me it is more the way your hips catch attention more that makes it obvious they are your largest curve. Usually an hourglass has hips that gradually go out, but your curve looks a bit rounded (not in a fat round way lol) because the top of you side to side is thinner, not anything to do with your actual "bust". I just think you look more pear and bust is big on an hourglass if hips are big..they must be 10inch difference (or 9 according to some people) from the waist and only 2" or less difference between bust and hips. So technically someone could have a wide body side to side and small breasts, but still be hourglass if you see what I mean.

P.S. I seen you before around here and I just realized it when I checked your profile! I am so jealous. I wish I had such a tiny waist...Seriously you are so near my dream size. :] I am just about the same weight and yet my waist is 3 inches larger darn it. I seriously want to lose these inches quick.

You can't see it?! It's everywhere :sad:

Thanks for answering, and being honest! I appreciate it. I'm just so confused. I mean, I love pears and I am proud to be one. But I just wanna be accurate, you know? But it just seems to me that my shape goes more like

> . <

than

) . (

because of the way my back is shaped, the way it slopes up. I just don't think measurements and this '9" less' etc is very reliable. Like I said before, I see some people give hourglassy measurements yet they either don't look very curvy, or just don't look curvy at all. Or some people don't have hourglass measurements, but do look hourglassy.

But, hmm, I defo defo hear what you're saying though. I guess my hips are the most obvious. Especially in the second photo.

And thank you so much! That is really sweet of you :flowerforyou:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

And

In saying that, though, I totally see what you're saying, especially when I look at this photo

7081859589_762e5beabe_n.jpg <- that screams pear to me. But then again, I was a lot younger then. I guess I'll see once I lose the weight completely.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Just realised I'd been measuring my bust wrong. It's actually 40". 38C is my bra size, though, I believe ..
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    This is a REALLY good thread explaining hourglasses;

(Boob and hip measurements mean nothing in the general scheme of things)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=443180&page=4