hour glass shaped girls??

Options

Replies

• I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im hourglass with extra time shaped. bahahahaha.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    if barbie were a real woman her measurements would be 36-18-33 she would be 5' 9" and would not have a high enough body fat percentage to menstruate. i thought that was interesting.

Her frame would also not be large enough to support her organs and she would be bed ridden and would die. I did a report on this in college for a health class.

I never got this argument. My friends and I all played with Barbies browing up. None of us ever wanted to actually look like her.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever heard of Valeria Lukyanova?
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "Anyone ever heard of Valeria Lukyanova? "

Yes! The human Barbie. I can't decide if she's hot or scary-looking. A little bit of both :-\ haha
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    Yay hourglass!!
    still quite overweight, but have always been hourglass

Current measurements:

Bust: 44
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 43

would like to see all those numbers drop significantly :)
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Actually, whoa...just Googled pictures & she's definitely on the scary side....

Anyway, to the OP-- I'm an hourglass, but 5'7", so not short
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" at 43.5:33:43, although I hope to eventually get my waist and hips down 3 or 4 inches. So I suppose Ultimate Goal would maybe be something like: 40:29:30.
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'4 and a definite hourglass.

I won't post her measurements as that'd be rude, but she's trying to lose weight, and in part down to breastfeeding our 2 boys, she's in a substantial cup sized bra ;)
  • CBChanging
    Options
    I have an hour glas figure however I have a couple extra hours on my glass. Im working hard to get it back to 1 hour..lol.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am totally hour glass...5'4". I have honestly never measured my hips/etc, but I know based on my bras and jeans, my chest is 36", waist around 28"...assuming my hips are 38" or 40"
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    5'"4.5"

think i'm hourglass or possible spoon shape??
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

She'd be pretty if it wasn't for the eyes. How has she managed to have totally dead eyes in every single picture? Creeeeepy.
  • rml_16
    Options
    5'"4.5"

think i'm hourglass or possible spoon shape??

I'd say pear.
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    I am considered hour glass but i am 5 foot 11. I have lost 2 cup sizes in the last couple of years with my weight loss. I was a DD but now a C.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 36-25-36.6

Though I've now entered the phase where I'm FINALLY losing inches on my hips and thighs. Hello standard jeans that actually fit at both hip and waist! I'm also now losing inches on my calves and may be able to fit into boots, yay!
    Mid-rise jeans are the best friends of hourglasses and pears! No need to fit the waist. :-)

you'd think so but no :( If I want any fit at the back (i.e. that the waist doesn't stick out or bunch up under the belt) then I can't go for anything other than Levi's. Which are expensive, what with me trying to save up for a wedding... I think my problem is made worse by the fact that I'm so short; so what WOULD be a mid-rise for a normal-size person is like an inch off for me.

Have you tried low-rise? They're TOO low for me, but if the mid-rise are too high, the low-rise might work. Old Navy jeans tend to look pretty good on my body.

Midrise usually ends up being at my waist or even SLIGHTLY above, too, because I'm so darn short, but I still have way too much belly fat to wear low rise.

@%#$*@^%%#!!!!!

I will say though that I have the most luck with midrise with avoiding the dreaded gap in the back of my pants. Old Navy seems to be the BIGGEST offender in that area, the pair that I have has like a FIVE inch gap in the back, they are virtually unwearable LMAO. I've had a lot of luck with Lee jeans, though, of all things, and I want to try Levi's (I haven't worn a pair of Levi's in at least 25 years, I am scared they won't fit. Yes, I am weird. lol)

lol, I know, right? You get the jeans on past the calves and thighs, you close the button and the damn back is sticking out so that if I don't wear a belt, they'll drop to my hipbones not only charmingly exposing the plumber-*kitten* but also lowering the crotch , the knees and the bottom hems. If I DO wear a belt though, the back will then bunch up. Though the weirdest I ever experienced was that the jeans stuck out at back AND front. While my thighs were barely fitting in the leg. I mean, ok, I don't have the world's smallest thighs but come on?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

She'd be pretty if it wasn't for the eyes. How has she managed to have totally dead eyes in every single picture? Creeeeepy.
    She's not "real" though. The eyes are okay in this picture http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lVI5aw-vW0s/T695Wx5UnkI/AAAAAAAADjk/51uyNb0XEWM/s1600/Valeria+Lukyanova+7.jpg

This is before surgery:

http://sitchnews.com/pics/a0acd1b93b2bfa7f0327af28a10587d2.jpg

There is also Anastasiya Shpagina.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I thought I was but I'm not anymore. :(
    I've gained too much weight. Thankfully, I'm here. :)
    I'm now a pear, though. Boo.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I used to be but as my body is looseing weight my measurements are going all over the place :laugh: I now sit at:
    Bust: 40
    Waist at navel: 32 1/2
    Hips: 40
    For years before I was 44 / 34 / 44 I am hoping to reclaim my glass at some point possibly by getting 38/28/38 to begin with, hey I can dream :wink:
    Oh and I am 5ft 4.
  • MRL1107
    Options
    Definitely hourglass...sometimes I feel blessed and other days I feel the curse of the curves!

Right now 36D-28-40

Goal is 34 (Please let me be a C cup PLEASE!!!)-26-36....And a whole lot of toning! I don't like jiggle!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Definitely hourglass...sometimes I feel blessed and other days I feel the curse of the curves!

Right now 36D-28-40

Goal is 34 (Please let me be a C cup PLEASE!!!)-26-36....And a whole lot of toning! I don't like jiggle!

You're measuring your bust wrong to determine hourglass. You take the inches around the largest part of the bust, not bra size. I had to learn that the hard way! lol