My first Marathon

Options
13»

Replies

• Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the finish and the great time!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    great job! that time was great...hopefully one day I'll be ready for a marathon!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! I am running my first half marathon on June 2 - I hope I can do as well as you did at that distance!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I am super impressed with your time. How long have you been running and how long did you spend training for your marathon? Im training for a 30 mile run and just did 25.6 miles on saterday and only managed an average of 5.5mph. but then Ive only been running since last july and just started training in february... so its my fault.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    terrific achievement..and what an inspirational story to share. Congratulations on such a massive accomplishment.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I started training in Jan 2011, from being able to run a 5k comfortably. I was 14 stone (196lb) at the time (i am now just over 11 and a half. (163 lb).

For anyone interested, i'm working on a training plan similar to that suggested in 'run less, run faster' which is basically one fast, short run, one interval session and one long run per week, plus one or two cross training seasions (bike or swim).

I run in a club and so the ling 'social' run and the interval sessions are generally done with the group, as is a weekly bike ride.

I definately believe you can overtrain, and subscribe to the philosophy that every session should be 100% effort, rather than doing too many sessions at 80% and never giving your body time to recover.

I lnow a lot of great runners and no two train the same way- you have to find your own path to success.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I started training in Jan 2011, from being able to run a 5k comfortably. I was 14 stone (196lb) at the time (i am now just over 11 and a half. (163 lb).

For anyone interested, i'm working on a training plan similar to that suggested in 'run less, run faster' which is basically one fast, short run, one interval session and one long run per week, plus one or two cross training seasions (bike or swim).

I run in a club and so the ling 'social' run and the interval sessions are generally done with the group, as is a weekly bike ride.

I definately believe you can overtrain, and subscribe to the philosophy that every session should be 100% effort, rather than doing too many sessions at 80% and never giving your body time to recover.

I lnow a lot of great runners and no two train the same way- you have to find your own path to success.

Great advice!! Thanks for the insight!
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Just finishing a marathon is an incredible feat, but you ROCKED it!! WTG!!!
  • noahsampeer1
    noahsampeer1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You beat Sarah Palin, P-Diddy, George W. Bush and Katie Holms' times. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!