Calling all ripped in 30 people

Options

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Did you try the advanced moves?? I did the advanced moves with weights when I thought it was too easy. Level 2 is def a little harder b/c of all the planks. My shoulders and arms were super sore from it

Oh and sorry didn't answer your questions, yes I did the advanced moves.
    [/quote]

Than yeah I'd say go to level 2
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Ripped in 30 and am on Week 2, Day 3. I really like it so far. Week 1 I was able to get through without any problems and week 2 is definitely more of a challenge. I was curious how heavy your weights are...I am using 3s and 5s. And on week 1 I would combine them sometimes to get 8 lbs. What are other people using?

I really like this DVD. I'm a big fan of Firm workouts which combine strength and cardio and I love how the RI30 is really heavy on the strength. I wasn't crazy about 30DS, so I was surprised I liked this one so much. I can't wait to check out my results in a few more weeks.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I've been doing Ripped in 30 and am on Week 2, Day 3. I really like it so far. Week 1 I was able to get through without any problems and week 2 is definitely more of a challenge. I was curious how heavy your weights are...I am using 3s and 5s. And on week 1 I would combine them sometimes to get 8 lbs. What are other people using?

I really like this DVD. I'm a big fan of Firm workouts which combine strength and cardio and I love how the RI30 is really heavy on the strength. I wasn't crazy about 30DS, so I was surprised I liked this one so much. I can't wait to check out my results in a few more weeks.

I use 3's because of an old shoulder injury. But whatever you feel comfy with is good
  • tcm118
    tcm118 Posts: 54
    Options
    I just started RI30 yesterday! I'm really hoping to get some great results by the end of summer. I'm ok with things going slowly, but my body hasn't budged in months, so hopefully this will give me a kick. Those of you who have completed it, awesome job!!!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed ripped in 30, minus all the plank cardio! :laugh:

I lost a total of 15 inches overall and a few pounds.

WEIGHT!: 225 (217.2)
    waist: 38.5 (35.5)
    hips: 45 (44)
    lower waist: 46 (42)
    calf: 18 (17.5)
    neck: 15 (14)
    thigh: 28 (25)
    arm: 14.5 (13.5)
    bust: 42 (41.5)
    ribs: 37 (36)
    Total: 15 inchest lost!

This was taken sometime in August 2011.
    DSCN1931.jpg
    This one was taken April 14, 2012.
    DSCN2239.jpg

I did RI30 during March.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Great job egyptainmushroom!!!! You look great :)
  • kdavis82508
    kdavis82508 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with week 3. I am personally not seeing any difference, but my hubby can. I am very critical of myself though. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks though. I have also had 2 kids via c-section so I can feel it helping repair my core. I am going to do 30 day shred then back to ripped in 30. I have over 100 lbs to loose
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I noticed the biggest difference between weeks 2 and 3. I lost 2 inches around my waist in a week. :bigsmile:

Thanks! I slacked off for a month afterwards though and gained back 6 lbs! :sad: So now I'm getting back on my Jillian wagon and doing Extreme Shed and Shred.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My RI30 is due to come today....after reading this thread, I can't wait to start! I finished the 30DS last week and have been jogging and doing toning exercises to round out the time. 30DS was a good workout, and very managable. I seemed to adjust to the workouts within the first 5 days, and the next 5 were a lot easier. It sounds like RI30 will be a bigger challenge!

I think I'll have to fight with my workout buddy to start this though, I think she wants to try the Brazilian Butt Lift first. After all this great feedback, I don't know if I can wait a month...lol
  • Cindym82
    Options
    My RI30 is due to come today....after reading this thread, I can't wait to start! I finished the 30DS last week and have been jogging and doing toning exercises to round out the time. 30DS was a good workout, and very managable. I seemed to adjust to the workouts within the first 5 days, and the next 5 were a lot easier. It sounds like RI30 will be a bigger challenge!

I think I'll have to fight with my workout buddy to start this though, I think she wants to try the Brazilian Butt Lift first. After all this great feedback, I don't know if I can wait a month...lol

Im starting today (round 2), friend me if you want some support.

Ladies you are all doing so wonderful!!! <3
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I noticed the biggest difference between weeks 2 and 3. I lost 2 inches around my waist in a week. :bigsmile:

Thanks! I slacked off for a month afterwards though and gained back 6 lbs! :sad: So now I'm getting back on my Jillian wagon and doing Extreme Shed and Shred.

let me know how that dvd is!!! :) good luck
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I am almost done with week 3. I am personally not seeing any difference, but my hubby can. I am very critical of myself though. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks though. I have also had 2 kids via c-section so I can feel it helping repair my core. I am going to do 30 day shred then back to ripped in 30. I have over 100 lbs to loose

I didnt notice anything until i took pictures and compared them....i was like WOW, and between week 2/3 I lost 1.5inches around my belly. I was completely shocked.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    To those that were asking about the amount of weight to use through the workouts...I used 2lb. dumbbells through most of my first round of RI30 and only used 5lbs. through my last week and a half. I just started round two of RI30 yesterday and I'm making myself use 8lb. dumbbells and I can definitely tell a difference. I'm torching way more cals and it's just a far more difficult workout overall. There are a few moves where I just don't have the strength yet to use 8lbs. so I'm dropping back to 5lbs. but I'll get there!

Has anyone done JM's Body Revolution? I'm going to finish this second round of RI30 and then I want to move on to a more intense program...I'm thinking of something like Insanity or Body Revolution.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    one of the ppl im friends with on here had great results from insanity.....dunno what plan I wanna do after this
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Started wk 4 Ripped in 30 today. Wow it kicked my butt. I am sure I will adjust just like with the other 3 weeks. I am using 5 lb weights

Good luck to all.

Don't know what to tackle next of Jillian's? Any ideas?
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I restarted this week but am alternating weeks everyday. I've lost inches but no pounds. I definitely see definition in my legs and core
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Started wk 4 Ripped in 30 today. Wow it kicked my butt. I am sure I will adjust just like with the other 3 weeks. I am using 5 lb weights

Good luck to all.

Don't know what to tackle next of Jillian's? Any ideas?

have you done her killer buns and thighs or six week six pack? I heard to do them after....i started them before and decided to do RI30 first after about a week
  • annettegordon
    annettegordon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is ripped? You have great results.
  • hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 of RI30 and also doing the 30 day shred with it.(level 1) and will continue doing the shred through out with RI30. I hope get good results using both. Anyone else done so and have pics of results?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!