Best car you owned and wish you never got rid of?

Options
jcriscuolo
jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
I owned a 1966 Corvette that had low miles and totally original. I bought it from the original owner. Sold it 18 months later for 50% more than I paid. Wish I still had that car today. Oh well.:sad:

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I had a '76 smurf-blue Volare with a white leather top and interior :laugh:
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had a '76 smurf-blue Volare with a white leather top and interior :laugh:

With Corinthian leather???
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    My ke20 corolla :( Never should have gotten rid of it :(

002.jpg

008.jpg

gorc2.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    FINE Corinthian leather. :tongue:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Had a 2000 Dodge Durango, travelled everywhere and absoluley loved it. That was until my daughter literally backed over a Honda prelude and completley destroyed the engine, so I got a 2011 Dodge Durango nothing like my original..:grumble:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    That would be my 1978 Firebird Formula, it had the t-tops and the wide back wheels and the kicking stereo system!!! Ohhh how I wish I never gave up that car!
  • laguera2o9
    laguera2o9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2000 Chevy Silverado... Man I loved that truck, it was black, lowered, had rims, and it sounded soooo sexy (vroom vroooom) lol.. but I wrecked it =/
  • kibby12
    kibby12 Posts: 32
    Options
    My very first car: 1991 Nissan Sentra, candy apple red. She was all deluxe model with a CD player & a tape deck so I could plug in my MP3 player or listen to an actual album.

That car took no sass. I was so bummed when I had to sell her to pay for moving expenses.

My newer Sentra just doesn't cut it.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Had an Aston martin DB9 for a short time.

.....then I woke up!

:bigsmile:
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have a 2004 GTO - and I'm daily driving it in Chicago because I don't want to be that guy who says 'I wish I'd have kept that car' sometime down the road ;)
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My first car - 1984 Pontiac Fiero GT - loved that car. I called it my Gizmo :)
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    The car I have now. Toyota Tacoma. I have owned for 15 years and it has not given me a bit of trouble. I'll will it to my grand children.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My current car. It is right here
    V
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Cute! My first car was a 1992 Pontiac Sunbird. It was teal. I loooved that car.
    My first car - 1984 Pontiac Fiero GT - loved that car. I called it my Gizmo :)
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Had an Aston martin DB9 for a short time.

.....then I woke up!

:bigsmile:

LOL ... That's a good one!! ... LOL
  • tinytubbs
    tinytubbs Posts: 54
    Options
    1986 dodge colt vista...........it may be a cheap looking car but it was the greatest most reliable car i have ever owned. I could drive through any amount of snow even though it was only 2wd. great ride and comfortable even for big guys like me.....and no joking i got 450 miles on 10 gals of gas.
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my first truck 85 chevy s-10 4wd ext low miles and clean
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've had so many, but my favorite was a bright yellow '67' VW bug with a Happy face painted on it's front. That car went through thick and thin and had so many fun times in it. It had 289,000 miles on it when I sold it. Best car a teenager could own. Relaible, fun, went forever on a few bucks (gas was 42 cents a gal then)and if you promised to fix it as soon as possible it would always get you home.

I also owned a 70 GTO at the same time, but it ended up in the Mojave desert in a junk yard, because that is not a good car for a teenager to own. Too much power not enough brains. :-(
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    my first car, a '98 Plymouth Neon. it was the best car ever, stick shift to boot. never had to plug it in in winter (and i lived in Northern Alberta at the time, so that's saying something). had great gas mileage, it was like a little tank. then someone rear-ended me, pushing me into an SUV that was in front of me. if not for the SUV, it would have been fine. was a write off *sniff sniff* still miss that car.

but, my present vehicle is pretty darn fun. an '08 Dodge Dakota 4x4. so far hasn't been nearly as reliable as the neon, but trucks are sexy, so it's all good :)
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I miss my '88 Honda CRX. Sitting in the driver's seat made you feel like you were in a rocket! I miss her... She would be of no use here in Colorado.