Best car you owned and wish you never got rid of?

Options

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I loved my '92 Geo Storm. Small, red and fast. That car went through so much. I learned to drive a stick in that car and still never had to have the clutch replaced. I sold it to my brother in '98 as I was newly married and found out I was pregnant. It was no car to haul a baby around in. It had 200,000 miles on it when I sold it and it was still going strong. My brother had it long enough that his son started driving it. I had soooo much fun in that car. I'm glad cars can't talk!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My husband would say his 88 Camaro... That was before my time though... My best car is my current car. 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. We bought it 2 months before we got married in 2004 so this weekend will make 8 years we have had it. Its brought us thru 105K miles and moved us from Massachusetts to Tennessee.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I would still have it to this day if I didn't roll it into a telephone pole!! But it's all okay, the hubby is looking at getting me a new one. They are the loves of my life! :happy:
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    2007 Toyota Corolla. The gas mileage was awesome and it never gave us any mechanical trouble .. and then my husband totaled it by smashing into the barrier on the freeway. :ohwell:
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    '63 Chevy Impala I named Edna. She was great! I loved to roll all the windows down and crank the radio up!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My PT Crusier- it was a lease but my cousin gifted me a 1994 Jag, but i'm a little shy about driving around town in it b/c its way to showy for my style. its parked in the drive way but is in dire need of a wash so i may just have to take it to the car wash.
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    I love my little Geo Prizm :D our first one (my hubby and I's first 'couple' car) was a 97' Prizm- it was perfect, but we only had it about a month before I was driving too tired and wrapped it around a street light and totaled it... but I didn't have a single scratch on me, and neither did my dog who was loose in the backseat, so we went out and bought another one! Our current one is a 96' Prizm, but it's the same color and everything - deep forest green :) Such a fantastic car, never had any problems with it and we get amazing gas mileage! We will be getting it repainted (in the same color) and passing it on to my hubby's little sister in 3 years when she turns 16 :)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My hubby's Camaro SS. It might have been a gas guzzler, but it was fun to joy ride around in.
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    An AMC Gremlin. Primer red/primer gray. Had an 8 track player that only played the first and third tracks and only one speaker! Loved that car!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My first car, a '65 Mustang that my Grandpa gave me for my 16th birthday in 1973. I loved that car and I gave it to my brother when I got a '69 Mustang, which ultimately is my favorite car of all time, I am still crazy for them.

I had a '71 Nova SS, with a 350, Hurst 4 speed, 456 Rear End, that I used to race the quarter against the guys, in my 20's. It was awesome! And yes, I won a lot! Hard not to leave them behind with 456! lol

I just love cars, period. Now I'm an old lady that drives an '08 PT Cruiser. But, in my defense, it is tricked out in a 'Skull' theme. Pretty cool ride.
  • big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    2001 Dodge Ram. It was the first vehicle I ever bought brand new. It was my baby and it was a friggin' tank. I love the car I own now but when it snows I really miss my baby. I wish I would have been able to afford to keep it.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    2002 Volkswagon Jetta. Didn't get rid of it, Husband wrecked poor Edward. Will have another one. One day. :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    2000 Jeep Wrangler sport, put a nice lift and tires on it, not too high, just the right amount. riding around with the top down with my bulldog by my side. I need to get another one :sad:
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    2 corvettes and 1 saab...I still have an occasional dream I go out to the garage and it's there to my suprise.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I loved 2 cars
    my 1986 Bronco II 5 speed , this truck took any hill , i didnt know what a beast it was until now
    and my 1985 300zx turbo , i felt safe at 135mph still handled like i was going 75..
    awesome rides
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My first car was a 1986 VW rabbit, it was silver in color and one year my dad asked me what I wanted for my b'day, I told him I wanted the car painted, so he did - it was painted a shiny metallic dark blue.

Sun roof and it was gas - this thing could and did go everywhere, so good in the snow...Loved her
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    1962 Ford Falcon. My first, and tragically smashed beyond recognition by a drunk driver! She saved my life though.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    65 1/2 Ford Mustang, white with air and power disc brakes. Yes, you can check, there were number of them built that had both. Very rare! Unfortunately, I sold the car a long time ago. :sad:
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    1954 Chevy step-side pick up with a Corvette 327 block, modified cam, turbo 400 automatic transmission, and a freakin awesome two-tone brown paint job with more pinstriping and chrome than a pimp's tuxedo at an Elvis Chapel wedding in Las Vegas......
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    kruze.jpg

I miss that damn thing.