Brides to be using feeding tubes

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This is just sick and unhealthy, don't complain that you have no time to workout, you obviously had time to make a Dr's appointment and get this tube shoved up your nose, you had time to do a 40 minute workout or an hour! if I told my fiancee I was doing this i think he would leave me.

EXACTLY!

This is just disgusting...where do these quack doctors get their licenses to practice medicine??
    :noway:
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Soooooooo many red flags - especially considering the statement by the seemingly fit lady in the article, how she was "too tired" to even go for a simple leisurely walk to compliment the weight loss effect of this freaky procedure.

Sometimes the path to self improvement does more self harm than help.
  • mamnboston
    Options
    OMG, i just read that article and i am horrified

short term fixed for a long term issue, there people need to have their heads examined

what a horrible message this is sending to women...

YUCK
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 10 days... and 10 days with a stupid feeding tube up your nose and into your stomach! ICK! I just don't know how anyone could do it... I would need to be put into a medically-induced coma...
    Given current trends, it's only a matter of time...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Honey can you hold me feeding bag....
    Makes me wonder how many from here that use all the different money scheme diets (HCG) are thinking...great idea!

I was thinking the same thing, my mom has said "my docotr approves of HCG. She said it was a healthy way to lose weight at my age." Yes mom, that's why you also ended up in the hospital for two days because you were dehydrated and suffering from blindness and vomiting as a result of severe vertigo.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    1) Is it totally out of left field to get a dress that actually fits & if you want to be smaller to eat less & move more?

2) What is the guy she's about to marry thinking about this?
  • Oni7Tsunami
    Options
    A few months ago my dad was eating through a tube because he was UNABLE TO SWALLOW! I cannot imagine looking at my father and telling him that I am choosing to be fed through a tube because I can't find another way to lose enough weight to fit into a dress.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Doctors that are supporting this, should have their licenses revoked.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Great idea !!! Think Kaiser will cover the cost?
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME???:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy in any way, shape, or form. It angers me that doctors find this to be acceptable. They just want more cash in their pockets, SHEESH
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Is this the Terri Schiavo diet?

Yeah, I guess you have to be brain dead to do something like this.

(forgive me, poor taste)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Speechless... Absolutely speechless :noway:
  • superstankazz
    Options
    If only the calories could be ingested anally, I'd totally be on board with this.
    Giggity!:laugh:
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    If I were engaged to someone and they VOLUNTEERED to use a feeding tube, it would be a deal breaker.

i agree wholeheartedly with this statement!
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Saw this on the news this morning and felt sick for her. It's sad to see the extremes people will go through to lose weight.

How about some healthy eating and exercise? Or better yet, how about some common sense.

Sad... and gross!
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy in any way, shape, or form. It angers me that doctors find this to be acceptable. They just want more cash in their pockets, SHEESH

Agreed. I'd like to slap that doc for taking advantage of people desperately trying to lose weight. I'm not saying the man can't make a living, but I am positive he knows how unhealthy this is for her. Shame on him.. Bad, bad karma.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Bad breath and constipation 10 days before you get married. Hmmm yes please!

HAHAHAHA....

What is wrong with people. I swear.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I was afraid there would be some people that were pro-tube. Glad there aren't(yet)
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but I just heard about this and figured there'd be a MFP discussion. I don't understand this diet AT. ALL. If you want to go on an 800-calorie diet why not do Medifast or a doctor-supervised program that lets you, I don't know, EAT? What is the possible advantage of the feeding tube? I truly do not get it.

I also don't understand what you do with this. You go about your daily life, bringing your feed bag everywhere around with you? So you're at work, go to a lunch meeting and everyone's eating a normal lunch and you're just sitting there with your tube and feed bag?