Too poor for weight watchers:( HELP!

Options
hailie08
hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
There is absolutely no way I can afford to do weight watchers but Id really like to. Does anyone out there have the stuff and not use is anymore?

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about the online? It's much cheaper; I think it's about $20 a month and they often have deals to sign up.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Crazy thought here; use MFP the way it is designed to be used. Guess what, you'll lose weight.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no way I can afford to do weight watchers but Id really like to. Does anyone out there have the stuff and not use is anymore?

Why don't you just MFP?
    You have all the tools you need right here,and it's free!:wink:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Crazy thought here; use MFP the way it is designed to be used. Guess what, you'll lose weight.

Ahhhh, common sense. It's a lost cause in America lately. lol
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options

This.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Why don't you just MFP?
    You have all the tools you need right here,and it's free!:wink:

This!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why do you need Weight Watchers? MFP is free and has all the tools and support you need. As long as you track your food and make good decisions, you will lose weight. Good luck!
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options

I have done WW before but, but REREAD this post! so true, make sure to logg EVERYTHING and MFP will do the rest! lol I actually eat weight watcher meals ( because I like them) however this site cost nothing AND is better! Good Luck!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Use the support on MFP for free, I am sure there is a group with your particular goals. Weight Watchers is overpriced, MFP is free.

Russ
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    MFP is better than weight watchers! You have access to data on thousands of foods, not just ones you can find points on. This works!!! (and it's free, as mentioned above.).
  • hailie08
    Options
    MFP has helped some, but I like the idea of the point system vs having to find a computer to look up whether I can eat something or not bc I don't have internet on my phone to check all the time.. I've heard of so many people having such great long term success with weight watchers!!!
  • angelapolite
    Options

MFP is WAY better than WW (online). You have manually enter most all your food. I've tried WW numerous times, and always came back to MFP.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I found MFP as a bet to my wife that i could lose weight for free instead of paying WW membership so she signed up for WW and i downloaded MFP for free and i have lost more weight... BOOM!.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Ive done weight watchers. Its not much more than eating healthier choices and keeping track of points. The problem I had with it was that it was alot more work and effort to calculate the points (you can get a points calculator as an app on the iphone or droid..for free). It is so much easier to track calories, food intake, exercise and water on MFP. I've lost way more with MFP than I ever did at WW! Good luck with whichever you choose!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's easy... USE MFP~ :-)
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    MFP has an app for phones that are easy and all you have to do is scan the barcodes of the food your eating, Its all right there. LOVE THIS SITE and its FREE!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    MFP has helped some, but I like the idea of the point system vs having to find a computer to look up whether I can eat something or not bc I don't have internet on my phone to check all the time.. I've heard of so many people having such great long term success with weight watchers!!!

Don't you still have to enter something with WW? And you wouldn't you still have to look up the points on something that isn't a WW product with the points labeled on it?
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    My GF and I did W.W. for about 6 months and lost the first 3 months. After that no to well. They have gotten to comercialized for us and counting points was a real pain. This site is so much better. It really lets you see what you are eating not just points. Fruits can be eaten for 0 points but my GF was having issues due to the sugar. MFP shows you all the info you need and much better support that we ever had at a meeting. Plus we are saving 40.00 each a month.
  • hailie08
    Options
    I can't do apps or anything on my phone:( It seems like it'd be a lot easier to keep track if I could! lol
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

Why? What do you think you'll get from Weight Watchers that you can't get free here or elsewhere? Just asking, because that seems important, and I can easily afford it (it is less than $50/month) but wouldn't consider it.