Too poor for weight watchers:( HELP!

Options

Replies

• jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    maybe this was a trick post and we all fell for it. Burn on us...we all fail.
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    Well said
  • MzLisa25
    MzLisa25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You still need the nutrition info to figure out the points so if you are eating out you would still need to go online. I've done WW and this site offers all the same things. If you don't have a phone to use the app just write it down until you get home.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Why do you need Weight Watchers? MFP is free and has all the tools and support you need. As long as you track your food and make good decisions, you will lose weight. Good luck!

^^ Well said. You don't need a Big Name Weight loss Plan. All the tools you need you possess already. Follow the MFP guidelines, stay within their calorie recommendations, choose healthy foods, exercise (no need for expensive gyms or equipment)...just walk it's free!

You can't buy willpower, determination and motivation...but you can find people on MFP for FREE to help you along!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ive done weight watchers. Its not much more than eating healthier choices and keeping track of points. The problem I had with it was that it was alot more work and effort to calculate the points (you can get a points calculator as an app on the iphone or droid..for free). It is so much easier to track calories, food intake, exercise and water on MFP. I've lost way more with MFP than I ever did at WW! Good luck with whichever you choose!

I feel the same way!

I was doing WW Online before I joined MFP and guess what ?I cancelled my WW Online account and lost weight on here!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no way I can afford to do weight watchers but Id really like to. Does anyone out there have the stuff and not use is anymore?

I'm confused. You're on MFP, a free site, asking for a paid program.. for free.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    MFP has helped some, but I like the idea of the point system vs having to find a computer to look up whether I can eat something or not bc I don't have internet on my phone to check all the time.. I've heard of so many people having such great long term success with weight watchers!!!
    You can have anything you want. Just log it. You don't have to consult MFP first.

MFP counts calories. WW counts point. Those points just translates into calories. Counting is counting.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Then cut your other costs and join WW.
    If you really WANTED to join, you'd find a way - rather than posting woes and asking for something for free when there are plenty of free resources available.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I really wanted to try weight watchers online but couldn't afford it. I actually found MFP from someones pin on Pinterest.

My SIL, is doing WW and she's been doing it a whole month longer than I've been using MFP. But I've lost as much as she has. And for free!! Plus, WW isn't teaching you how to eat right, they teach you how to count points. Can you really live the rest of you life counting points?

For me, and a lot of other people MFP works great! Give it a shot. This is better than WW.
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Crazy thought here; use MFP the way it is designed to be used. Guess what, you'll lose weight.

This.

This
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people think it's better. MFP is so easy to use and is free. My friend started doing ww's, her daughter was on here briefly, but just posted in fb that she was starting ww's. I guess it all boils down to what you actually stick with.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    maybe this was a trick post and we all fell for it. Burn on us...we all fail.

Off topic, but your profile pic confuses me. Are you hauling a bicycle on your motorcycle?
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i've done weight watchers on and off for a few years. While it was successful for me the first time... it gets soooo old putting the info in the points calculator and even though now youre able to scan more foods the database is limited. this is so much easier and the fact that its free is amazing! stick with this!!!
  • philly_rack
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments so i hope i'm not duplicating anything.MFP caounts calories WW counts points right? Why not just use MFP and find someone else doing WW and ask them about the points, buy things in the store that shows how many points on the container, if you go out to eat (depending on where you go) a lot of places also show how many points the meals are. Since you are so broke i would totally rather use MFP instead of WW. My co worker and i talk all the time, she is doing WW and she made the comment that MFP takes more dedication. If you dedicate yourself x10 then you can get the results you desire for FREE. Just my thought. Also if you just go to WW website you can get recipes from there
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with so many on here. WW didnt teach me anything - I have lost and gained more then I care to admit on WW. MFP is common sense and I feel like I am really learning how to eat better. Also, I feel so much less restricted. I think I can be on MFP forever but by this point in WW I had enough. I hated not losing bc I felt like it was a waste of money. Now I know some weeks are better then other without spending $$ . I used the money to buy a fitbit and next a treadmill.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ive done weight watchers. Its not much more than eating healthier choices and keeping track of points. The problem I had with it was that it was alot more work and effort to calculate the points (you can get a points calculator as an app on the iphone or droid..for free). It is so much easier to track calories, food intake, exercise and water on MFP. I've lost way more with MFP than I ever did at WW! Good luck with whichever you choose!

I feel the same way!

I was doing WW Online and before I joined MFP and guess what I cancelled my WW Online account and lost weight on here!

This, and for someone who doesn't have a smart phone, it's much easier to calculate calories than to have to figure out the point system (especially with the newer PointsPlus system). I switched from WW to MFP because it just made more sense in my head in figuring out my allotment for the day. And remembering calories is easier than bringing a little calulator or that book around with you everywhere.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to WW due to finances, but also the new plan was not working for me. If you really want to try it, you might look on eBay. I'm sure you can find the new member kits there for not too much money. Also you can join a WW group on FB for support.

But I still prefer this way myself, and also I usually know about how many calories I am at at any given time anyway so not sure why you are struggling with the lack of portability. I have been known to stick a wrapper or bag in my purse to record later and have often made a list of what I ate while away from the internet.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    I tried WW at the beginning of the year. SOme of my friends have all the stuff, etc. They helped me with the tracking and stuff because I wanted to try it out before making the investment. BEST choice ever made. WW didn't help me at all. I do better on MFP because I can track my foods, weight and also have the support of MFP users. Best of all it is free!!!!
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have been on MFP since Dec 30, 2011. I have lost 26 pounds and it's been pretty easy. I work with a girl who started WW at the same time and she's only lost 5. Just sayin. If you decide to join MFP send me a friend request. The support you get from friends is the best part of this site. Good luck in whatever you choose.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am weaning myself off Weight Watchers. I only bought one round of the actual plan for the three month stint. But for most of my seven months on it, I had been using this cheap app called Ultimate Value Diary.

Here ya go: http://www.ultimatevaluediary.com/