5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• sportymomof2
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" and set my first goal weight of 175. My heaviest was at 197 and I'm currently at 179, so not far to go with my first goal. I was 167 when I got married 9 years ago and felt good there. I have a large frame with broad shoulders so felt I looked a little "funny" at much less than 160. I'm feeling good now and may set a 2nd goal but will see with how this goes.
  • lisbethhanson
    lisbethhanson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I strted in january at 155, I'm now 136 and feeling and looking great- I now work on less cardio and more strength training and toning. Still keeping within my calorie goals of 1200-1400, now to maintain and hold my weight where its at. Still thinking I might go down to 130 to get rid of flabby butt and flatter stomach. Now a size 4/5 !!!!! cannot remember the last time if ever that i wore this size!!! Look great in clothes now just to tighten up and look great naked !!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    140...I doubt I can get to 135lbs again... But I am shooting for 140 :)
  • faithgirlsalema
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I weigh 192. My goal weight is 165. I have lost a lot of weight but have slacked off a lot during the past year or so. I used to weigh 223 lbs and got down to 185. I have picked up about 7 lbs and am anxious to finally meet my goal. I initially went from 223 to 185 by counting calories in a little notebook I bought. I know that counting calories works, it can just be really tedious. But I would rather deal with the tedious task of calorie counting than the overwhelming task of rumaging through my closet to find something that fits that I can wear to work or out on the town with my hubby. Keep up the hard work! You can do it. And by the way, I have 3 kids too so I know how hard it can be to get that baby weight off. My oldest is 15 and my boys are 4 and 5. Again seize the day and keep up the good work!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    150!!! I'm 190...started at 218... in Jan. So hopefully by summer ;)
  • chelseachelsea1991
    chelseachelsea1991 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and I'd love to be 128. My body looks better thinner. The heaviest I've ever been was 178 thanks to that damn Depo shot. Down to 147 as of this morning...I'm hoping 19 pounds won't be too hard!
  • leehillx
    leehillx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm just under 5 '9" trying to get down from 171. The recommended weight in my nutrition program is: 148 (they tell me i have small frame). myfitnesspal has helped me drop drop to 164.2, in about ten weeks. And I've dropped 2 inches from my waist. I've discovered several things.
    -- eat three meals a day on time to avoid supper hunger at meals. I discovered if I do not do this I am not satisfied by a reasonable 300-400 cal meal.
    - walking every day at least 10 minutes (usually I average more), and trying to do 1 hr each day on the weekends
    - I keep low cal. snacks on hand. Since I love chocolate the jello 60 cal. desserts are a life saver. I also have several different kinds of 90 cal granola bars (with chocolate of course) and popcorn.
    - other go to snacks: ak mak crackers with hummus (look at the labels to find low call hummus) or laughing cow.
    - apples, sliced with 1 t of agave sweetner and cinnamon, 2 min. in the microwave.
    - chart everything on myfitness pal. the smart phone app and scanning bar codes really helps
    - these habits have helped me lose weight event though I still drink some red wine four days a week.

best wishes, Lee
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' as well and my initial goal was 145lbs. I came up with that number because that's what I weighed in high school and I remember being comfortable with my body at that size. But now, I really have no number because at my current weight, I'm happy with my size, I just want to tone some more.

SW: 179lbs
    CW: 157.4
    BMI: 21%
    First Goal BMI: 18%
    Kids: 2

This photo was taken this morning before my workout, 4/16/12

4-16-12One-small.jpg
  • jeano22
    jeano22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and just started my weight loss journey at the beginning of April. My current weight is 185 and I hope to get down to 140 over the next several months.
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    my goal weight is 160 and I'm currently 229
  • TheNewLeslie
    TheNewLeslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Started at 189, down to 176. Goal is 150 (1/3 of the way - woot!). I'm not sure if I will be able to do it (I've got a pretty large frame), but if so, it would be pretty cool. Mostly I just want to get rid of the belly fat and tone up.

The husband and I are going on a cruise in December - it would feel pretty awesome to rock a bikini for the first time in my life at the ripe age of 39.
  • cbascomb83
    cbascomb83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160 but I would love to get to 150! (I'm 5'10)
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I aqm 5'8"
    At my heaviest I was 230(Dec 2012)
    Started MFP at 222 (Feb 2012)
    Current 197
    shooting for 160 then I will reevaluate.
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 175. I will reassess then and see if I want to go lower, but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy at 175. My starting weight was 242 and I'm at 214 now.
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 150. They say 100 pounds for 5 feet and then 5 pounds per inch over.
  • proudmommy1102
    Options
    My highest 2 weeks ago was 184.4 without being pregnant (mommy of a 7 year old) lol, I'm goin to be 28 on Wednesday, I'm 5'9 and broad shouldered, my goal is 155, 160, at 150 I looked sick...I'm currently at 176 after 2 weeks of myfitnesspal goin strong!
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    I feel like 140 is WAY low for me. I haven't weighed that since I was 13. 160-175 is my goal weight, and where I'm comfortable. I have a larger frame though, I'm certainly never going to be a tiny little thing, as I never was in the first place.
  • iamshenglo
    Options
    Goal : 110 lbs - 105 lbs
    Current : 125 lbs
    Loss : 10 lbs
  • THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Starting: 265
    Current: 243
    Goal: 180

I hold my weight exceptionally well and because of my muscular build/genetics my Dr. told me that 175-190 would be an appropriate weight for my height/build.

180 would look and feel incredibly different on two different women of the same height. Talk to your doctor/nutritionist for some sound advice.
  • Erin754
    Erin754 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'm 5'9.5... currently at 124, trying to get down to 115. I'm pretty big boned though, and its proving hard, but..... I'm up for it.
    Good luck to you all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!