Replies

• sweetnilla
    sweetnilla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 (I always thought 5'8 until my last doctor appt. Had them measure twice and they assured me I had been wrong all these years! LOL) and currently fluctuate between 135-138lbs. I am trying to cut down to 130-132 lbs. for a cruise this summer...we'll see. I would consider myself a medium build, but I get comments about how small framed I am lately, which makes me laugh as I have never considered myself 'small' in any aspect of the word! Right now I am a size 4/6.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Starting weight: 175
    Current Weight/BF%: 157lbs/21.8%
    Goal Weight/BF%: 150 lbs/19%

I dont know that i will drop down to 150 pounds but my main goal is to get down to 19% body fat. Here is a picture of the changes my body has gone through from my highest weight to now.

7085626873_e34dc02b76.jpg
    body transformation by emgawne, on Flickr

Frankly, I don't care what the scale says if I can have abs like yours!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Mine is 130. I wouldn't mind knowing what other 5'9" ladies are wearing in pant sizes. With 12 pounds left, I am wearing a size 10. For someone much shorter, one might appear plump wearing a size 10. What do you other 5'9 ladies say?

Yes, and when you wear a smaller size, what do you do about pant length?
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Last time I was measured I was 5'8.5" But Some guys have been telling me they're 5'9 and I'm taller. So i don't know how tall I am. I know I'm around there!
    But, Currently I think I weigh about 160-175ish. I want to get to 150. At LEAST.

You're probably 5'8.5"...guys always try to make it sound like they're bigger, taller, weigh more, bench more. Pfft!
  • eatalot44
    Options
    My goal weight is 135....
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and I'd love to be 128. My body looks better thinner. The heaviest I've ever been was 178 thanks to that damn Depo shot. Down to 147 as of this morning...I'm hoping 19 pounds won't be too hard!

I took that Depo shot, too, and put on about 50 pounds in 4 years after the birth of my son. Took it off and then some, but have about 40 more to go!

I am a depo victim as well! I put on almost 30 pounds in a year and a half!!
  • mwheatonchaston
    Options
    I'm currently 197lbs which is the highest I have been in my lifetime. I am aiming for 160lbs as this seems realistic for my height. I am comfortable in my clothes at this weight and surprisingly I can remember it as it was only 6 years ago!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Mine is 130. I wouldn't mind knowing what other 5'9" ladies are wearing in pant sizes. With 12 pounds left, I am wearing a size 10. For someone much shorter, one might appear plump wearing a size 10. What do you other 5'9 ladies say?

Yes, and when you wear a smaller size, what do you do about pant length?

So I'm around 139 right now. I wear a 4 or a 6 - depends on the cut. I shop at places like the Gap or JCrew where I can get a long inseam.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I think anywhere from 130 to 140 is good. I'm currently about 140 right now. So I'm good lol :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    And I wear a size 4 or 6 LONG in jeans. I buy all my jeans from express... it's just what I've found that fits me the best.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm happiest and most comfortable at 150, even 155 is fine. Love the fact that I'm taller and can pull it off :)
  • runracer11
    runracer11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and my goal is 140lbs. About where I was in the profile picture!
  • Erin754
    Erin754 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks. I'm not too obsessed with it, as I'm happy with my body right now. I'm a perfectionist though, and figure if it can be done I'll do it!
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    SW: 370
    CW: 311
    GW: 145
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    SW: 176
    CW: 155
    GW: 145

...but I will admit that my secret goal weight is 125. I just want to see what I look like at that weight. I was around 145 in high school so I know what I look like there- not too skinny at all. So I think going for less than that isn't a bad thing. I'm not going to be extreme about loosing beyond 145 but I would like to flatten my stomach and thin my arms, which I know will require more working out than I currently do. I've just been walking off the weight, and occasionally jogging & biking. In general, just keeping up the more active lifestyle and cutting back on my sugar; I know I'll be happy at any weight so long as I'm doing that :)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal is 140.
    I started at 200 in February...got to 180 at end on March and I am stuck there for the last two weeks.....

If i got to 150 or 155 I would be OK with that....
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm 5'8 Close enough? Current 153, goal 125-130.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options

i actually wear a size 8/10 depending on the brand and doubt i will ever get below that with my build. it all depends how your body is built how you look in a size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!