5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'9" and my first goal is 220lb (100kg)... yeah, I'm a lot bigger than that now. My major goal is 175lb (80kg) but I want to reach 220lb first. I'm sure that once I get to 175lb I'll be ready to push past that, but it's so far away right now that I don't want to freak myself out and give up altogether.
  • Blaireli
    Blaireli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Holy mother. I'm having a difficult time getting back to my pre-baby shape after one baby, I can't imagine doing it after nine! Kudos, mama!
    Height: 5'9"
    SW (2/19/12): 229
    CW: 211
    GW: 160
    # of kids: 9

Ever since hitting 30+ the baby weight never came off between babies. Was up to 250ish when last baby was born in 2010. Since February, I have cut out refined carbs and upped my whole foods/veg. In the past couple weeks I have been trying to begin an exercise program, something that will match my 'mommy lifestyle'....don't want to end up with a ton of wrinkly skin!!
    I am currently in size 16 and know that I would be happy being a size 12...10...8---anything less than 200 lbs would THRILL me!
  • MayraAle88
    MayraAle88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 175
    Current Weight/BF%: 157lbs/21.8%
    Goal Weight/BF%: 150 lbs/19%

I dont know that i will drop down to 150 pounds but my main goal is to get down to 19% body fat. Here is a picture of the changes my body has gone through from my highest weight to now.

7085626873_e34dc02b76.jpg
    body transformation by emgawne, on Flickr

Wow!! you look INCREDIBLE!!! Your making me reconsider goal weights and just aim for body fat % goals :smile:
  • leehillx
    leehillx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    US 5 ' 9 " women have a huge variety of weight goals! Last time I was a size 10 I was at 143 lbs. However in those days I did not carry so much weight around my waist as I do now (I'm 62). At my age & height it's pretty hard to get down to a size 10. I'm "sort of" in a 12 at 162.4. My goal is to be completely in size 12s. The program I am in tells me I should get down to 148, but I've been targeting the weight I was when I last felt slim - about 155. However now that I've lost almost nine pounds, who knows?

Lee
  • cccgrillo
    cccgrillo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently weigh 157. My goal weight is 145. But I am focusing on toning up my stomach after 2 kids. I also need to lose that lower back fat... Ugh!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
  • sunray11julie
    sunray11julie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", I was 115 before i had kids. I got up to 155 last November, that was my highest not being prego or shortly after. I am currently at 129, and my goal is to achieve 6-pack abs. I have a very long and thin frame. My BF is currently 19.1% so i am hoping to get down to that 6-pack stage with-out going under 125 (then i would be in the underweight category) so my goal is to stay between 125-130, with still losing the BF.
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm 5'9
    208lbs

Goal weight is 170 for now!

Overall goal weight would be 150 :)
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 160ish....I'll take 180 right about now though...
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    they say 100 lbs for 5 feet, then 5 pounds for every inch after that. that would put 5'9 at 145. BUT I think it depends on your build.

SW 373
    CW 190
    GW 186 (currently- this might change in the future) ;-)
  • sunray11julie
    Options
    great goals... baby steps, eat right, count calories and what you burn, make sure there is a deficit... not to much, dont lose it too fast.. also make sure to get cardio in 2-3 times a week as well as weight training.... i did it with brazilian butt lift and chalean extreme, also stick with lean proteins!! and make sure u intake 1 g of protein for every 1lb of lean muscle in you body..
    Hey everyone. I would love to know what all your goal weights are. If you have met them please tell me how. I would love pics to. I used to be in shape running 4-6 miles everyday. Then I got married and had 3 kids. Time for me now.

5'9
    216.9lbs

My current goal is to get under 200 then in increments of 20lbs until I get to 140.

Thanks!!!
  • sunray11julie
    Options
    def depends on your build!! i was 5'9" and 149 when i decided to make a change... i had body fat absorbing my belly and back, I looked "poochy" and i was def not in shape and not healthy.
    they say 100 lbs for 5 feet, then 5 pounds for every inch after that. that would put 5'9 at 145. BUT I think it depends on your build.

SW 373
    CW 190
    GW 186 (currently- this might change in the future) ;-)
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My highest weight was 299. At 274 now. Goal is 140-145. I'll just have to see. While I love the thought of a number, whether it's a scale's number or a certain clothing size, ultimately, I want to feel good and be able to do all the things I want to do.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 175
    Current Weight/BF%: 157lbs/21.8%
    Goal Weight/BF%: 150 lbs/19%

I dont know that i will drop down to 150 pounds but my main goal is to get down to 19% body fat. Here is a picture of the changes my body has gone through from my highest weight to now.

7085626873_e34dc02b76.jpg
    body transformation by emgawne, on Flickr

Impressive transformation and it's great motivation for me! (tks!) Are you 5'9'' or taller?

yes, i am 5'9". sorry i forgot to include that.
    Your abs are awesome...I am trying to get there...
  • Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    am 5"9 my current weight is 304 lbs am aiming to get to 155 lbs, will see after that.
  • the1udreamabout
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5 and my goal is 180, maybe 170.
  • itismytimetoshine
    Options
    I am 5'9''. My current goal is also to get under 200 then lose 10 lbs at a time until I get to a healthly weight, probably about 150 - 160 for my frame.
  • jvl1973
    jvl1973 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 38 years old and I am 5'9" and would like to get to 150 lbs. I never struggled with my weight until I reached the age of 30. In my 20's I was a size 2/4 and weighed 130-135. My metabolism has completely changed since my 30's, but I also wasn't eating right. I have been a size 8 -12 the past 5-6 years. I lose weight then I gain weight. My weight gain is always occurs during the fall and winter months. Then I lose during the spring and summer. I need to lose weight and keep it off permanently! I have been on every diet (weight watchers, dukan diet and even took HCG (non hormone) drops). Now I am doing it the old fashion way. Just watching my calorie intake and watching portion control. I eat around 1200 calories (when not exercising) and increase it when I do exercise.

Here are my current stats:

Feb. 21, 2012: 200 lbs
    April 17, 2012: 182 lbs
  • FFwife925
    FFwife925 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Sorry it has been so long since I've checked in. THANK YOU for the support. You all look amazing. I once was 115lbs and though I was WAY to thin. At that time I was 19 and played soccer. We would run 4-5 miles everyday. I am not looking to be that again. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 211.8. I wont count the weight until monday.

I did my first 5k in 12 years on 5/5. Took me 45 min to complete it. My husband and I are doing the mud run in Carlsbad this June. I am really nervous about that one. I have been jogging every other day. I can now jog a mile without stopping. Doing 3 miles in around 40-43 min. I do see a little improvement. I really now that this can work I just need to watch what I am eating.

You all should post your weekly weigh ins here. Or we can start another board. I would love to read about all your weekly updates.

Hope you all are doing great and having an AMAZING weekend.
  • kaylasch
    kaylasch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and bigger boned...

Current weight: 147 lbs

I'd love to be 130 lbs and toned! I've already lost 15 lbs but I'm still not where I wanna be.,,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!