5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Replies

• emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Emgawne, great transformation! What do you do for workouts?

my whole story is here if you want to read it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emgawne/view/my-story-229647

about to switch up and start new rules of weight lifting for women. excited to try something new!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Exciting to see all these 5'9" ladies!

I've been all over the map with my weight since high school. Lowest was about 150 (but not toned at all), highest has been 203. I'm at 192 now and looking to get about 165, preferably 160 (the lowest of my adult life). Like a lot of people, I'm going to re-evaluate when I reach my first goal (165), and go on from there.
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    I'd love to get to 135. I'm currently 177.
  • jhayes28
    jhayes28 Posts: 28 Member
    Love seeing all these goals from taller women! I am currently at 192. My highest weight was 245 after I had my children. I would love to get down to 160, but have been having the hardest time getting out of the 190s!!!
  • mneveu
    mneveu Posts: 3 Member
    SW: 160 (1/1/12)
    CW: 132
    GW: 120
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Mine is 130. I wouldn't mind knowing what other 5'9" ladies are wearing in pant sizes. With 12 pounds left, I am wearing a size 10. For someone much shorter, one might appear plump wearing a size 10. What do you other 5'9 ladies say?

When I'm at my healthy weight (135), I wear a 6. Sometimes even a 4 depending on the cut. (I've always had hips and a butt)
    Right now I can barely squeeze into a 14. :(
    But like you said, weight is carried differently on someone our height. No one believes me when I tell them how much I weigh.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    No real goal weight anymore. Looking to get to 20% Body Fat. I weigh 151 now and am a size 6/4 jean at 5' 9". I think my BF% is 22.4% or maybe 23%. In my profile pic that is one month difference from lifting heavy one pound lighter 2 inches off my waist.

Same here. BF% is my new focus.
    I'm just a hair under 5'10 and I started my weight loss journey on January 1st 2011 at 193lbs, the heaviest I had ever been. I started with purely weight goals, but when I reached 165lbs and started adding weight training, I switched from a weight goal to a body fat% goal. I'm currently at 21.6% (rated "good" for my age and height) and aim for 19.5% (rated "excellent"). I'm now a size 4/6, something I'd never thought I could wear (actually, never had, even as a teen!) and the scale says 156lbs, but it could say 160lbs and I would not care as long as it's because I'm replacing fat with muscle.
  • Emv79
    I'm 5'9'' as well and my initial goal was 145lbs. I came up with that number because that's what I weighed in high school and I remember being comfortable with my body at that size. But now, I really have no number because at my current weight, I'm happy with my size, I just want to tone some more.

SW: 179lbs
    CW: 157.4
    BMI: 21%
    First Goal BMI: 18%
    Kids: 2

This photo was taken this morning before my workout, 4/16/12

4-16-12One-small.jpg

You look great! Toned, healthy and feminine. Yep, I'm aiming for your abs as my goal now :)
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    im 5 foot 11 with an athletic muscular kinda build..so the goal weight for me is 180..im currently 194...not too far but far enough to try! haha good luck though! someone whose 5 8 idealy would probably weigh about 150 or so i would say. Everyone is different though. My goal weight is probably a little bit higher than someone my height because of my build..its all depending on your build and preferances
  • Emv79
    Starting weight: 175
    Current Weight/BF%: 157lbs/21.8%
    Goal Weight/BF%: 150 lbs/19%

I dont know that i will drop down to 150 pounds but my main goal is to get down to 19% body fat. Here is a picture of the changes my body has gone through from my highest weight to now.

7085626873_e34dc02b76.jpg
    body transformation by emgawne, on Flickr

Impressive transformation and it's great motivation for me! (tks!) Are you 5'9'' or taller?
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Starting weight: 175
    Current Weight/BF%: 157lbs/21.8%
    Goal Weight/BF%: 150 lbs/19%

I dont know that i will drop down to 150 pounds but my main goal is to get down to 19% body fat. Here is a picture of the changes my body has gone through from my highest weight to now.

7085626873_e34dc02b76.jpg
    body transformation by emgawne, on Flickr

Impressive transformation and it's great motivation for me! (tks!) Are you 5'9'' or taller?

yes, i am 5'9". sorry i forgot to include that.
  • Hi all! I'm 5'9 and I weigh 150 lbs. My goal weight is 145. I've always worked out, so that's not an issue; although I'm a little obsessive. I like this website. It's very encouraging!

Debbie, age 58.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Love this! I'm just a tad under 5'10" and currently sitting at 235. I was 272 when I had my youngest 6 months ago. I think I want to be around 155. I'm not really sure yet. The more I've learned about fitness and nutrition, the more inclined I am to focus on body composition rather than weight. However, I CANNOT WAIT to be under freaking 200.
  • petraann
    petraann Posts: 20 Member
    150. I ALWAYS thought I was "bigboned" and that being on the high end of my healthy range was ok. Then I did a "big-boned" test thing and found that I am not bigboned and therefore...don't need to be in the high end of my range (per BMI and WW calculators). I chose a number in the middle of my range so I would not be teetering on the high end and end up back in the overweight category again. However, since I have entered the healthy range I have been unable to really lose more weight. I have been right around 165 for a year now. Hope that helps.
  • fruitful9
    fruitful9 Posts: 32
    Height: 5'9"
    SW (2/19/12): 229
    CW: 211
    GW: 160
    # of kids: 9

Ever since hitting 30+ the baby weight never came off between babies. Was up to 250ish when last baby was born in 2010. Since February, I have cut out refined carbs and upped my whole foods/veg. In the past couple weeks I have been trying to begin an exercise program, something that will match my 'mommy lifestyle'....don't want to end up with a ton of wrinkly skin!!
    I am currently in size 16 and know that I would be happy being a size 12...10...8---anything less than 200 lbs would THRILL me!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Currently I'm 275 and goal weight is 150. I'm just a bit shorter than 5-9
  • Jenniriggins
    Jenniriggins Posts: 23 Member
    I'm 35 and mom of 2. I started Jan 1 at 160 and currently weigh 139. My goal is 135. I am smaller boned and I feel my weight now is healthy. I am a hair under 5'9"
  • Jenniriggins
    Jenniriggins Posts: 23 Member
    Oh, I forgot you wanted pics. I don't have any but my profile pic is of me at 148. :smile:
  • proudmumof2tots
    proudmumof2tots Posts: 12 Member
    I'm 5'9.5" and I'd love to be 128. My body looks better thinner. The heaviest I've ever been was 178 thanks to that damn Depo shot. Down to 147 as of this morning...I'm hoping 19 pounds won't be too hard!

I took that Depo shot, too, and put on about 50 pounds in 4 years after the birth of my son. Took it off and then some, but have about 40 more to go!

I am a depo victim as well! I put on almost 30 pounds in a year and a half!!

Another Depo Victim here. I put on 30 lbs in less than a year. And had spotting for 45 days straight. Never doing any type or hormonal birth control ever again!!
  • 5'8 1/2 and I am about 145-150ish right now. I threw out my scale and go by pant size, and right now I am about a 6/8 in womens.
    Before and afters in my photos. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!