Replies

• JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    one. my hubby.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    2, met them in middle school. 20 some years strong.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say 3. Unfortunately, 2 of those (my mom and my brother) are on a different continent! I know they would both help me in any way possible though. My mom is always my shoulder to cry on - via email or skype - and we're all so close that sometimes when my brother can't get in contact with our mom, he calls me or sends me a text. :laugh: I joke that he's closer but sometimes it actually works and I get her to call him.
  • nancyv73
    nancyv73 Posts: 16
    Options
    i am the same way. i have no friends to come to my aide...lol. I have a great family, but since I have gotten older I don't know what a true friend would be like.:ohwell:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If the physical distance from each other wasn't so great, this list would probably be more inclusive!
    but - I'd say realistically 3, if we are including my boyfriend.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Locally, not including my hubs, I would say there are 4 I could call without hesitation that would bail me out of jail, help me change a tire, or fight zombies in the middle of the night. 2 more that aren't local, but would hop in a car or plane if I called and said, I realllly need you.

And I would do the same for any of them.
  • sbkelly9
    sbkelly9 Posts: 21
    Options
    none. I have people I talk to, but I wouldnt confide in them.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Other than obvs. my husband! I had one. But then I moved to a different country and that is that. Locally - none that "get" me or we could just hang for days on end. None that I can just be in each others presence and have a good time. It's a shame and I really miss that tight bond. It sucks.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    4 local, prolly 10 in the world....and about 250 virtually that I love and support with all my heart
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Real, honest, trust with anything and everything friends? 2.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    One. And I would do the same for her.
    And then there's my mom, she's the other person I can depend on in any situation and who will always tell me the truth, even when it's hard to hear.

I have a number of people I'm friendly with, a few I'd hang out with for any amount of time, but just the above two that I can go to with anything and everything.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Locally - 0 :( I have 5 very good, best, awesome friends back home though.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Locally, not including my hubs, I would say there are 4 I could call without hesitation that would bail me out of jail, help me change a tire, or fight zombies in the middle of the night. 2 more that aren't local, but would hop in a car or plane if I called and said, I realllly need you.

And I would do the same for any of them.

weird. i have exactly the same situation. one guy and one girl friend who are local and then one guy and my bestie who are each over a thousand miles away. if any of us picked up the phone for the others, we would drop EVERYTHING and go. thankfully, this has only been tested once. that's when i made it to NYC in two hours.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I would say 4. My two brothers are more like best friends. Something goes wrong, our fault or not. We are all there for each other. Besides them, I have two life long girlfriends that even tho we live states away from each other. When we do get together, its like we have never parted ways. I love friends like that.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I would say 3 with 2 more people close behind.

My husband
    My Bestfriend from right after college
    A friend I met a work a few years ago.

The close behind people live further away and are harder to get in touch with but If somthing serious happened they would be on a plane in no time.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Mark is my oldest friend ( he is gay so my boyfriend is cool with it) Then Shellie, Kat and my sisters Crystal and Leah and even though my boyfriend hates it a couple of my exes are true friends and I rarely ever see an ex in person.
    But really I spend very little face to face time with any of them, I am OK with it too, I work so much I don't have a lot of extra time to play with. When we do get together it's like no time has passed.
    My boyfriend and I hang out the most and even tho he wants me to tell him everything I can't tell him everything. It's tough but that's the way it is.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Not counting family, two.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    about 12, most; of them go back to my high school and college years. We are all very close.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I dont even have family that will count........ FML.

can't count my bf, cant count family, no real friends........all my friends live in distant parts of the country/world, so even though I can call and talk to a handful of people, I cant *TRULY* count on them for things like bail, car problems, spider killing......
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could count them, honestly. I have never been very good at choosing boyfriends, but I have a knack for choosing very wonderful friends and have been sort of "collecting" them literally since preschool.

I've known my best friend since she was 3 months and I was about 2 and out families are close, so she's more like a sister than a friend. I'd turn to her before anyone, but I have about 100 backups, at least!

Just in the city where I've lived the last five years, I can think of six offhand and a couple who just recently moved away.