How many GOOD friends do you have?

Options

Replies

• crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Does my dog count???

No seriously.. I have like three **tops and we never really see each other too much.

I'm not a big people person.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have one, my husband. He's the only one I can truly rely on.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I actually have few...

Number one, my husband.
    My ex brother in law
    My step son
    3 local girlfriends / 1 in WI
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would say that I have more GOOD friends here than in real life. There are a few really close ones that live close.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't have any in real life.

I was married to my best friend and, although I still admire him as a person a lot, divorcing him (naturally) caused that to change.

I am very fortunate to have a great support system on here (one or two who are especially awesome), which helps, and I am going to try to BE a better friend in real life going forward so that I can HAVE better friends.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I would say three: I go to school with two of them and the third I met in middle school and even though he lives in another state, we still talk a lot :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    1. My husband, of course. He is an amazing man that I can confide in.
    2. My best friend of 9 years, Britni. We met in undergrad, and she's awesome. She knows way too much about me, but unfortunately, she lives in Chicago, while I am in Miami :(
    3. My (local) best friend Holly, who is so awesome words cannot describe it.
    4. My contractor and very good friend Robert who always answers when I call about stupid house projects I do not know how to do. He's always honest with me about that stuff. His wife and daughter are really great people too.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I only have one really, really good friend. I have others that I'm close to or hang out with occasionally, but I only have one best friend who I tell things to that I've never even told my own parents. She's like a sister to me and she is moving to San Diego for college in a few months. :(
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just one...My husband.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5 (including my sister). I'm blessed to say that I am 25 and have had the same friends since I was in elementary school.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Three. My dad, my boyfriend, and my best friend of about 12 years.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I only have person that I can count on right now (aside from my parents) and that is my husband. I used to have a really good friend who I didn't need to talk to everyday and we just got along, she was literally my other half. But I moved away after I got married and while we still talk there is just no way I can depend on her cause of the distance.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    5 max
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    2 really good ones that I could count on for anything, one pretty good one that would do most anything, and my boyfriend who I think would still help even if we weren't dating, but it's hard to say ;-p
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hmm Definitely my husband...no matter how bad I eff up, he always is kind.

My friend Heather, for sure. Jess, absolutely. Those two I know would drop everything if I truly needed them.

I have a few other close friends but their lives are a bit dramatic and hectic.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    2. One I have known for over 15 years and another for about 4. I moved out of state so I don't get to talk to them as much as I used to but I know I can count on them whenever I need anything or just need to talk.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    5... if you count my sister.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have one. He's been my best friend for 15+ years now. We talk about everything. We just have this connection, I can be thinking about him and he'll call or vice versa. I do have other friends, but no one a close as him.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Let's see. Wife and daughters make 4. Among the dozens of people I ride with, work with play soccer with there are probably half a dozen more that I would trust with my Daughters and my Wife and my money or my life.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. ya know what? I don't think I even have any. Not IRL ones anyway. The rest are too far away :(