Over 5'10" Ladies - What is your Goal Weight?

Options
I would just like to know what the goal weight is of any ladies that are out there that are over 5'10". I am currently 5'11" and at my heaviest 335. I currently wear a size 22/24. I have a long way to go. At my smallest I was 172, before my son, and wore a 4/6. Would be great to get the input of the other tall ladies out there. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated too.

SW: 335
CW: 331
GW: 175

Replies

• Neicey2
    Neicey2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and currently weigh 186lbs. I'm not happy with my weight and my dream weight would be 165lbs (If i could get lower I would but I think 165 would make drop at least one dress size & more body confident!) 20lbs shouldn't be that hard either - i hope!
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my ideal goal is 160, although 165 is good and easy to maintain for me. I have to work harder to stay at 160. My smallest ever was 155 before my wedding. That lasted for about a week! :)
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You were a size 4/6 when you weighed 172?? I'm currenlty 170 and I'm having a tough time fitting into my size 12's! Even when I'm 160, I'm still a size 10/12
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11", at my heaviest I was 378. Currently I am 356, I am really excited about my progress and hope to get to between 220-240. I don't want to be to small just healthy with no stomach. Thanks for your post, inspired me to know that others are fighting this battle similar to mine. But I am seeing so much progress and learning about myself during the process. Good luck on your journey.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    5'10"

SW: 218
    CW: 207ish (havent weighed in a few weeks)
    GW: 160 probably... a size 6 is more important to me
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and weigh 159 lbs, going for 155lbs and then tone and maintain! I workout 6 days a week and lift heavy 3 days and do Jillian Michaels DVDS most nights.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am 5"11. I started at 289 at my highest. I would like to reach 175. I have a large frame and this is the highest weight they suggest to still have a healthy BMI. I might readjust my goal weight when I get there, but I remember being 160 at this height and for me I think I was too thin.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 168 right now, I've been lower (162), but the same size, so I think I have some muscle on me now (I lift heavy 3 times a week). I would love to be 155, but it's just not happening! I'm pretty comfortable where I am now. I'm 5'11" and wear a US size 8 or 10...
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    5'11". Would be very happy around 87kg, it seems to suit me best at that weight!
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. I started at 326, down to 315 now. I've set my first goal weight at 220. My ultimate goal is probably around 190. I'm more focused on getting a healthy BF% than a particular number on the scales.
  • canwil
    canwil Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I'm 6'1 and my goal weight is 165. I got down to about 160ish due to breastfeeding after I had my little girl in August of 2010. My husand in a nice way of course was hinting that I had lost all my curves. I could tell that my pants in the back were saggy I didn't have a butt or anything! Over time I gained back to about 174 and have been trying to get down to 165-168. I'm comfortable at 168 and don't want to be any under 165. I hope this helps! I workout a lot and love to work out! :) I'm comfortable in a size 8 or 29. I have never been a size 6 and refuse to be that thin at 6'1. I like curves and muscle! ;) Hope this helps!
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" started at 326, CW 286, goal weight 225...or whatever will get me comfortably into a 14!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Throw the scale away! It's a lying b@#$! Measure yourself - that and how your clothes fit you are the only way to know you are where you want to be. Don't compare your weights to others. They just won't match up.

I'm 5'10 and was 150 lbs when I got married 9 years ago. I wore a size 8 or 10.

I am now about 154 lbs (although I don't weigh myself very often so I'm not sure about this) and wear a size 4 or 6.

*edited to add: Just trying to prove the point that weight really is just a number.
  • freenewme
    freenewme Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    sw 400lbs
    cw 199
    gw 160-170
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I'm 5'10", here's my little stat block:

HW: 197
    CW: 186
    GW: 155~

However, I should add that I'm really more interested in shedding the fat and adding on some muscle, so my GW is not set in stone. I'm also taking my measurements down, which is really more important.
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    I'm 5'10''. My start weight was 168, I'm currently 157 and want to get to 147 (10 1/2 stone) and then maintain.

I think it is really hard to judge based on weight at our height - I have a tiny waist but bit bum and thighs so I can look really slim or quite chunky depending on what clothes I wear. I know someone else who is a similar height and shape to me who weighs about 15 lbs less than me - all down to our body make-up I reckon.

I'm currently UK 10 (US 6 I think) top half but more like UK 12/14 (US 8/10 I think) bottom half so I'm working on evening that out but I know realistically I'll always be pear.

I'm kind of happy with the weight I am now I've shifted those few pounds but I'd just like to wobble a bit less!!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You were a size 4/6 when you weighed 172?? I'm currenlty 170 and I'm having a tough time fitting into my size 12's! Even when I'm 160, I'm still a size 10/12

I thought that was crazy to when I got there. I am very proportionate. I don't have anything that is overly larger than anything else, except my bust. I guess I am pretty blessed in that way. I can wear a size 11 at 200 lbs. Right now I can't stand that I have gotten this big, even though it is with the help of my thyroid being out of whack. You all give me inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing with me. :)

Also, anyone feel free to add me because I know we can all use support and inspiration!
  • alim10
    alim10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and weigh 183 currently. My first goal is 175, and ultimately I'd like to get to 155 just to see if I can do it. I'd be fine ultimately maintaining my weight between 160-165.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    6 feet here. Highest weight was 338.4 (argh!!!), current weight is 256.6 (still argh, but not as bad). My first goal is 183, which puts me at a normal BMI. I've been as low as 165 as an adult for about 5 minutes and I looked good, but still had a fat stomach. Looking back, I think I had no muscle which is not what I want. So this is a long winded way to say I'm not sure where I'll ultimately end up but I'd like to have better muscle tone than I had last time in that range, so if that means more weight on the scale, that's okay with me.
  • andigurl513
    Options
    I'm 6'1", with a large frame and muscular build. My highest weight was about 310 lbs about 15 years ago when I was 17. I've spent most of my life around 220 and felt comfortable, ran half marathons and triathlons, etc. My lowest weight was 204, right before I got pregnant 1.5 years ago. I'm 221 right now and would like to lose about another 10 lbs or so, but I'm not going to kill myself to do it. I am fit, healthy and happy. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!