Over 5'10" Ladies - What is your Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well here I am with my 5'11 self chiming in! My goal is to be between 175-185. I was at my fittest when i got out of the military a whole lot of years ago! I was 175 and i wore a comfortable 12! So thats where I am aiming. I am currently 217 and my 14's are falling off of me! So i am thinking someone changed the sizes in all my clothes because this is not normal!

I do have very muscular thighs............very small chest..................round bum............wide, 9 lb 12 ounce baby birthing hips! So i want to get to a comfortable size 12 or 10 or whatever the universal size when i get to 180! these thighs are pure muscle so its really ahrd to determine if they will shrink anymore! but im darn sure gonna try!
  • atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 6"0 with a large frame, boy shaped build. My starting weight was 295 with a size 24/26 on top and 22/24 on bottom. I think my goal is somewhere around 175. That should put me at about a 12. I don't know if my body will go lower than that. But at a size 12 I was told if I were any smaller I would look "drugged". I think it's because when I am small I have a flatish shape, no boobs, no hips, no butt. I haven't been below 250 in so long I am excited just to get there. My next small goal is 270 and I hope to be there sometime in June. Maybe I could get to 250 by the end of the year if the holidays don't throw me off to badly.

What interesting is how different everyone's body is even though we are around the same height.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You were a size 4/6 when you weighed 172?? I'm currenlty 170 and I'm having a tough time fitting into my size 12's! Even when I'm 160, I'm still a size 10/12

Me too...I'm 5'10", currently 160 and a size 12 jeans. My goal is 150 and "maybe" by then I'll be down to my goal of a size 10. We'll see :)
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 and 153 lbs but I still have a lot of stomach fat :(
  • Brunnhilde
    Options
    sgtlordswife, I have almost the exact same stats as you. I'm 6' though. My goal is 175 but I would be happy with anything under 200!
  • Brunnhilde
    Options
    I agree, at 6' when I was 180 I was wearing a size 14
  • christiemac80
    Options
    I am thinking 150-160 range for me! I am 5'10
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10...

SW: 198
    CW: 158.6
    GW:150

My current measurements are:

Bust: 34
    Waist: 29
    Hips: 37

My goal measurments are:

Bust: 34
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 35-36
  • aheartbeatsos
    Options
    I'm 5'10

SW: 225lbs
    CW: 177lbs
    GW: 150lbs

I wear a size L shirt and am a 15/16 pant (curse being bottom heavy!)
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    SW: 196lbs
    CW: 177 lbs
    GW: Not sure maybe around 165 lbs? I want to be a size 8 which I think is around 165 lbs (at least it was before kids...but I got a lot curvier.)
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10". Started at 221 about a year and a half ago, and was hoping to just get 40 pounds off me to be at least "normal" looking. I was 48 and a half years old and figured it would be tough to go any lower than that.

But, I lost 60 pounds in the first 6 months using MFP--this was about a year ago. Then over last summer, lost another 12. Started this winter at about 148, and was trying to simply maintain that weight over the winter.

Now, I'm looking at turning 50 in two weeks, and I'd like to get to 146, so I can say I lost 75 pounds. I'm actually really happy at around 148, and was able to maintain it over the winter with a few ups and downs, but being 145-146 would give me just a bit of a cushion!

I never thought I'd lose the original 40 pounds, I thought that was an insurmountable challenge. However, when that literally fell off me in four months, I kept going. I then never thought I'd make it to 155, my most recent adult weight after another previous attempt, but I got there. Now, I'm hoping to stay under 150, and I have a new lifestyle that is permanent, and I have MFP to thank!!!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love seeing how different we all are, even though we are all around the same height. When I wore a 4/6 I was doing intense yoga and playing Volleyball in college. I think I would be 100% happy in a size 10 or 12 now. Right now I am dealing with a very depressive state so dieting is not going well for me because I don't really even want to eat at all. I know it is not good and I am working on it.
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    6' tall, starting weight 160, current in mid 150s, want to get in the mid 140s. I'm small boned, rail thin as a kid, any excess weight goes to my stomach. Not cute :-P
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and about 150 lbs. I'd like to weigh about ten pounds less, although this would be pretty thin and probably more trouble to maintain than it is worth.

Pre-children (early-to-mid 30's) I was about 140-145. In my 20's I weighed 125 (too thin) to 135 (which I rather liked.)
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    6' tall, starting weight 160, current in mid 150s, want to get in the mid 140s. I'm small boned, rail thin as a kid, any excess weight goes to my stomach. Not cute :-P

I'm the same way. I can have bones sticking out and a waist-to-hip ratio that classifies me as "abdominally obese." In my profile photo, I weigh about 140 and I still had a pot belly, ev3en though, as you can see, my collar bones are pretty prominent.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Throw the scale away! It's a lying b@#$! Measure yourself - that and how your clothes fit you are the only way to know you are where you want to be. Don't compare your weights to others. They just won't match up.

I'm 5'10 and was 150 lbs when I got married 9 years ago. I wore a size 8 or 10.

I am now about 154 lbs (although I don't weigh myself very often so I'm not sure about this) and wear a size 4 or 6.

*edited to add: Just trying to prove the point that weight really is just a number.

agree with this. i lost 37 pounds and have continually been working out since...i've gained a couple pounds of muscle and lost inches. so i'm at 33-35 pounds lost now. but i'm smaller than when i hit 37 lost. It's just a matter of measurements and fitness and health!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    5'11.

SW 375
    CW 251
    GW 180ish....

It's so great to read about other 'tall' women and their goals and how they feel about their weight. =)
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11"

SW 270
    CW 240
    GW 175

Just being able to wear a 14/16 again would be a dream come true. I don't think my bone structure would allow me to every wear anything smaller Last time I was successful at getting close to my goal weight was 11 years ago. I'm so ready to finally do it.
  • JEYORK2005
    JEYORK2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! :happy:
    It was so wonderful to login and see this topic on my home screen. I am 5'10 like most of you and trying to get healthier and smaller. I weighed 230 lbs at my highest and lost down to 200 lbs before Christmas. That is when I started using MFP and I now weigh 191-192. My short-term goal is 180 and my long-term goal is 165/170 (or a size 10). However, MFP states that I can only have 1290 calories a day to lose down to 180. How do you girls do that? It is so hard for me to stay under 1290. I know that losing 38 lbs is wonderful, but I am still very frustrated with losing weight. I feel like I have been maintaining 191-192 for weeks and the scale isn't going down. I don't have a gym membership at this time, but I do walk several times a week and ride my bicycle on the weekends. Any advice would be helpful.

Good Luck to all of you!! Don't give up.
  • mamabear23
    Options
    Starting weight was 282.
    Current weight is 236.
    Goal weight is 180.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!