Shakeology - your opinions and feedback please

Options

Replies

• Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well... I thought I have tried every diet out there, but this one must be new :) In my opinion, it will most likely do what the rest of them do. You will lose weight, then you will go off for whatever reason, and you will gain your weight back, and then some. I don't mean to be harsh, but if you have the extra money, I would spend it the Tosca Reno "Eat Clean Diet" book, and hire yourself a personal trainer for a short time. You will be combining whole foods with learning proper exercise that works for you. Win/Win. It is not fast and easy, but it is the healthiest, long term solution, if you are serious about getting and staying fit.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Why not stick to real food?

thats quite a rude response.

Have you ever thought that maybe their using a shake to just help them get extra minerals and vitamins?

Its not always about using a "quick fix" to lose weight.

Shakeology is crap. If your diet sux, fix the diet.

Have you tried it?

That's a stupid question. What does me trying a product that I know can't replace a balanced diet have to do with anything? If someone said eating paint flakes and kerosene was good for weightloss, would you try it? Probably not. A critical thinker would research the claims and make a decision based on that.

its really not a stupid question.
    If you havent tried it then stfu :)

Have you tried scat?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Have you ever thought that maybe their using a shake to just help them get extra minerals and vitamins?

Have you tried it?

That's a stupid question. What does me trying a product that I know can't replace a balanced diet have to do with anything? If someone said eating paint flakes and kerosene was good for weightloss, would you try it? Probably not. A critical thinker would research the claims and make a decision based on that.

Thanks for emphasizing my point on critical thought.
  • Mustangsally33
    Options
    I find some people on here can be so rude with replies ! All we are asking for is Help, Advice, Feedback from some people that may know more about the issues we are having losing weight and maintaining it . Just because Forums like this give you the opportunity to give your opinion, doesn't mean you have to be rude or mean about it !
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how these are any different than protien shakes, like Spirtu-Tein. I stay away because its really a pyramid marketing scheme.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it myself but my brother in law swears by it. He has diverticulitis and takes it everyday to help with those symptoms. He went off of it and symptoms flared up so he takes one a day.
    Started using it as weight loss/nutrition shake and found it helps a lot with his condition.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it. If you are really adamant abut trying it, you can get really cheap sample sizes from e-bay (purchased new)

It's good for short term use, or for extended use if it's not something you drink everyday. Like a lot of people said, it's good if you learn how to eat real food in real portions that satisfy you and will help you lose weight.

I am a protein bar person myself. The jerk guy at GNC told me to eat real food, and I thought he was a complete idiot (still do) I don't eat them everyday, just maybe once a week after an intense workout.

I personally think Shakeology is overpriced, I cannot attest to its' nutritional value nor discredit it. I just think there are good alternatives that are cheaper, like whey protein shakes. Just watch out for sugar content and you should be fine.
  • NBARAKAT15
    NBARAKAT15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lol
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Like any other change in diet, you should be asking yourself.."But what happens when I STOP using it?? Will the weight I lost creep back on? Will I have to continue purchasing it to maintain??" There will always be a "Better shake for weight loss", "better pill for hunger"...you can buy into the fads, but you really have to focus on fixing your MIND on weight loss, these shakes and plans cannot do it for you.
  • ElectLadyHope82
    Options
    Shakeology is good for those that may not have time to make a healthy meal....Shakeology is a temp. not life changing opion of daily implemented meal, I can't knock those that do this, because first I use it and second for most people this is a good start....everyone do not know the first step to a healthy living. but as time gose on they will get a better understanding on what their body needs and wants....everyone is different, but everyone needs to start somewhere.....

Overweight crisis is spreading like wild fire.....we need to support, but also live by example.....if you have a specific suggestion for a person that needs info about certain health products that will benefit that individual give it with facts that the individual can completely understand where you are coming from....

Another Day Another Hurdle!!
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    Like any other change in diet, you should be asking yourself.."But what happens when I STOP using it?? Will the weight I lost creep back on? Will I have to continue purchasing it to maintain??" There will always be a "Better shake for weight loss", "better pill for hunger"...you can buy into the fads, but you really have to focus on fixing your MIND on weight loss, these shakes and plans cannot do it for you.
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    I agree with this.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Thank you for the unsolicited lesson in manners. It was an honest question based on the information(or lack thereof) in the OP, nowhere in my question did I imply the OP was seeking a quick fix - that's an assumption you're making......

With the response that you gave is that not implying that you yourself are assuming they want a quick fix instead of taking the time to loose weight properly?

No, you are the one drawing an inference based on an assumption that you've made. Sometimes a question is just a question.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    my 2 cents
    I do drink shakeology, the chocolate, and strawberry vegan. First, because the chocolate I make it tastes like reeces cups, and those are my favorite candy, so I get the test of them without the bad waste of calories. Second, I only use half a scoop and it makes enought for 2 of us. So the expense is way lower, for me to do the shakeology Vs The candy.
    The vegan is good for the added fruit, because I have a hard time just eating fruit by itself. I like it's lake a strawberry shake with no icecream, so again a helthy replacement from my other for of junk food.
    I have been drinking shakeology for a while, Also I like the fact it isn't a soy based formula.
    It seems to be healthy, and just for a few other replys with the just eat real food. Sometimes some of us don't have time to make "real food" with demanding jobs and unsure work schd's it an easy option to have one made up and ready at a given notice.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Fad diets FTW
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's great for people who are blasting a lot of calories with intense workouts and need to make sure they're getting all the vitamins & minerals they need.

But I agree with the posters who are weary about meal replacements in general.... I think it's more sustainable to learn how to eat well. If you're looking at these just for a "diet" plan, then I think it's not a great idea.

If you use it on days where you're doing intensive workotus and need it in addition to your regular meals, then yeah - it's great.

Personally, I use the chocolate shakeology with 2 Tablespoons of Better 'N Peanut Butter and a banana... tastes FANTASTIC and it's pretty much my favorite after-workout snack (I use it after the tougher P90X workouts).
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Have you tried it?

Now, that's rude.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Also so you know ahead of time there are a few users who try to use this site to push the "product" they're selling, even though it's against the rules. Many of the positive responses you'll hear about various meal replacement shakes will come from people trying to sell one to you.

Unless you live in canada :)

then there is no way for you to even become one of the beach body coaches so i would think that your getting a truthful opinion

What? I have a SIL in Canada that's a body by vi saleschick - which is so bloody annoying.
  • thatguy010
    thatguy010 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tried samples and was not impressed and it did nothing for my P90x workouts