From Obese at 25 to Strong Being the New Skinny...

Options

Replies

• juliesauber13
    Options
    I ♥ your writing style! Congrats on such an amazing journey and your continued success!!!
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you are truly amazing !! are just the person I need to keep me pressing through the finish line.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring!! What an amazing story! I love the way you write, and I know what you mean about your mind having to catch up to your body...it's a strange thing, right? I wish you all the best as you continue your journey! And YES, Strong IS the new Skinny!! Fight on, fighter!! :flowerforyou:
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Like I said to you those months ago, you are so inspirational. I have watched you, with awe, go from that exceedingly shy girl to a less exceedingly shy girl...<joke>. But seriously you have become a role model for all your friends wanting to make a life change in their health and I thank you for being you xxx
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    What a amazing story!!! You've done a great job!! Congrats on your hard work!!!
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Like I said to you those months ago, you are so inspirational. I have watched you, with awe, go from that exceedingly shy girl to a less exceedingly shy girl...<joke>. But seriously you have become a role model for all your friends wanting to make a life change in their health and I thank you for being you xxx

This is amazing! What support you have!
    Well done on your journey to finding happiness. Just seen your before and after pics and you are amazing. I also agree I was hooked on your writing style. Thank you for sharing xx
  • wanttolose2tone
    Options
    inspirational, please add me x
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    you have a way with words, I smiled as I read your story, gaped at your before and after photos on the other thread and now I'm sitting here thinking "I could do that. It really is a possibility!"
    I've battled the bingeing (and finally won! 2011), conquered the cross trainer in 3 months (and have a beetroot face to match your tomato one!) and am currently wishing my body would just quit messing around and tell me how many calories it would accept in exchange for giving up its fat! You've refreshed my motivation. I really could get down from 203 to 140 couldn't I? :smile:

Wishing you lots of luck in hitting your target, not that you'll need luck, you've got it all under control :wink:
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Well done! You have done an amazing job, and describe your journey in great detail. I wish I had managed to follow through with all my diets a few years ago so I could have spent the remainder of my 20's slim, but never mind, I'm going to use you as inspiration and make sure I don't end my 30's in the same way.
    I keep telling myself that 'slow and steady wins the race' and 1lb a week is 4stone in a year, but you do forget how sloooow it is to take the weight off compared with how quick you put it on! Its nice to hear from someone who didn't lose it all in 3 months as I don't find that a realistic aspiration.
    Anyway, am rambling now - well done again, and keep going. Gotta love Zumba & Kettlebells! :-)

Hi there,

You're absolutely right - I gave myself 2 years to do it in, and that means September 2012. After all, it took over a decade to put on...so it's not going away overnight!

All the best xxx
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    How do you find the strength to keep it up? I find my will power wavering much too often.

You are my inspiration, hope you don't mind :)

Goodness me, I don't mind at all :)

Strength to keep it up? Rest assured I fell off the wagon sometimes. I'd have period pains, be tired, gagging for a Chinese takeaway...and I'd succumb. That hot date with the gym - I stood it up. But I'd pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back on the wagon. Previously, a blowout like that would be license to blowout for a whole week. But I learnt to reign it in - that was one of the biggest differences.

There were days when the end was never in sight, believe me. But I started thinking about my health - what the loss of fat and gain of fitness was doing for my mad ovaries; for my fertility; for my bones. That helped keep it all in perspective, even on the darkest days!

x
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Wicked read and wicked story :flowerforyou:

I have to admit I carried on reading initially because my friend has been diagnosed with PCOS and is REALLY struggling to lose weight in order to get better treatment, but I really related to your change in attitude towards going to the gym too:drinker: Strange as that seems to me, fit and healthy has become more of a priority to me. Can't wait until I am posting fantastic results like yours. Massive well done!

p.s. How tall are you by the way?!

Kate x

Hi there Kate,

Ah PCOS - how do I loathe thee, let me count the ways? Grrrrr, your friend has my sympathies!

In answer to your question, I'm 5'5" (or 1.65m).

Natalie x
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    you have a way with words, I smiled as I read your story, gaped at your before and after photos on the other thread and now I'm sitting here thinking "I could do that. It really is a possibility!"
    I've battled the bingeing (and finally won! 2011), conquered the cross trainer in 3 months (and have a beetroot face to match your tomato one!) and am currently wishing my body would just quit messing around and tell me how many calories it would accept in exchange for giving up its fat! You've refreshed my motivation. I really could get down from 203 to 140 couldn't I? :smile:

Wishing you lots of luck in hitting your target, not that you'll need luck, you've got it all under control :wink:

Hello there,

Honestly, it can be done - I don't want to sound too evangelical about it (too late, you say!), but I still maintain that if an ex-binger like me with a previous loathing of exercise could do it, then so could anyone. I had such a negative relationship with food, exercise, and my image - and it's turned around. You CAN do it. I love my avatar for several reasons, but largely what's contained within the speech bubble.

You can and will do it, believe me. All the best, and drop me a line any time you want.

Natalie x

PS - Salad faces are the future! xx
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow. How inspirational. I love how you write, and you are so right about your head catching up with your body I still have that problem too. I have a little way to go to get into the healthy range but I'm trying my hardest as I too have PCOS and trying for a baby.

I love strong being the new skinny, I think that may be a mantra for me from now on!
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    People like you keep me going on my journey!! you are such an inspiration!!! So happy for you!! :-)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this :) What a great story and what a great success. Well done xxxx
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement!

You are right - it CAN be done. All it really takes is the determination to see it through.
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WOW well done you!!
    You have earned your new healthier lifestyle... now you can indulge in that bowl of pasta with your friends and not feel guilty in any way :D
    I hope to see results like yours one day, but it seems my body wants to gain muscle before it loses fat lol.
    Congrats again, you look gorgeous xx
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Strength to keep it up? Rest assured I fell off the wagon sometimes. I'd have period pains, be tired, gagging for a Chinese takeaway...and I'd succumb. That hot date with the gym - I stood it up. But I'd pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back on the wagon. Previously, a blowout like that would be license to blowout for a whole week. But I learnt to reign it in - that was one of the biggest differences.

There were days when the end was never in sight, believe me. But I started thinking about my health - what the loss of fat and gain of fitness was doing for my mad ovaries; for my fertility; for my bones. That helped keep it all in perspective, even on the darkest days!

x
    Hi There, I started here Oct 2011 at 318 lbs, I've lost 76 lbs and actually enjoyed losing it BUT I fell off the wagon
    mid March and am finding it sooo hard to get it back, so many occasions, wkends away that I just caved in. Wkdays
    I'm fine but the Wkends I'm not and one is balancing out the other and I'm getting nowhere. Your post is very Positive
    so I'm getting up off my big Butt and going to burn some Fat. Any Tips..... Thanks...Olive.x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing, inspiring and delightfully-written story! :flowerforyou:
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Great story and very well written, too!
    Your achievement is impressive and i love how you inspire all these people!
    Btw. answering to so many of the responses is very kind of you.
    Now im gonna search your before and after pics.