From Obese at 25 to Strong Being the New Skinny...

Options

Replies

• drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Lovely story, great inspiration. Finish strong, as they say, it sounds like you'll make a great fitness instructor.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Natalie, please tell me you're a writer for a lving, I really really enjoyed reading this!
    Such an inspiring story, I don't know you, but I'm proud of you!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Wow. How inspirational. I love how you write, and you are so right about your head catching up with your body I still have that problem too. I have a little way to go to get into the healthy range but I'm trying my hardest as I too have PCOS and trying for a baby.

I love strong being the new skinny, I think that may be a mantra for me from now on!

Oh, what a wonderful motivation - all the best to you :)

And yes, it's the best mantra ever - I have it printed on my zumba vests and so many people compliment me on it!

x
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    WOW well done you!!
    You have earned your new healthier lifestyle... now you can indulge in that bowl of pasta with your friends and not feel guilty in any way :D
    I hope to see results like yours one day, but it seems my body wants to gain muscle before it loses fat lol.
    Congrats again, you look gorgeous xx

You know, not being the 'fat one' among my friends and also not feeling self-conscious about eating in public - such a huge weight (pun obviously, hilariously intended) off my shoulders.

My body lost fat for a few weeks in the beginning, then plateaued a little as it firmed up rather than shrunk - you're not alone!

x
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Great story and very well written, too!
    Your achievement is impressive and i love how you inspire all these people!
    Btw. answering to so many of the responses is very kind of you.
    Now im gonna search your before and after pics.

Thank you ever so much - my reasoning is that if people are gracious enough to comment, I can take the time to reply :)

Before and after here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/565321-16-stone-224lb-to-10-stone-147lb-pictures

x
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Lovely story, great inspiration. Finish strong, as they say, it sounds like you'll make a great fitness instructor.

What a lovely thing to say, thank you ever so much x
  • mogletdeluxe
    Options
    Natalie, please tell me you're a writer for a lving, I really really enjoyed reading this!
    Such an inspiring story, I don't know you, but I'm proud of you!

Hi there,

Thank you ever so much for your comment. Alas, whilst there's some writing in my job I'm not hunched over a laptop at home churning out a novel which will be adapted into a multi-million selling film - but you've got to have ambitions, right? ;)

x
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    great story and inspiring..greetings from top end of Wales
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Natalie, I have to say that you touched my heart with your story ... there were little bits of my own life in there and bits of my friends lives in there too. You are a very clever lady - I hope you appreciate fully the magnitude of not only your success at becoming healthy - with the bonus of slim - but also the great encouragement you have given to the people here on MFP and no doubt in your life away from mfp too. I wish you every happiness and success - and ... if you ever do write a novel please be sure to let us know here as I am sure it would be an excellent read!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are wonderful! i skimmed--i'm at work--but i got the gist! you have taken and continue to take the right steps to health!!!! and you look amazing (i stole a peek at your pictures!).

way to go! add me if you want :)
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Amazing :)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Read every single word of it... you're story gives me even more inspiration and motivation to keep going since I started at a similar weight (220) at the beginning of this year.

Now, I know it's truly worth it.... amazing story and great job! :flowerforyou:
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story!! You've done an amazing job!! I started about where you did, and I'm aiming to get to at least 150, which it's been a good 10 years since that weight for me. I'm also hoping to get more toned, and to not be afraid to lift weights by myself (gotta blame my high school weight teacher for that one). But good job and keep up the good work!!
  • jacbudd
    jacbudd Posts: 3
    Options
    What a brilliant story and so well told. You really are an inspiration in what you have achieved.

Good luck with becoming a Zumba fitness instructor - I hope you are given the opportunity to truly inspire people and help them achieve their goals the way that you are bound to achieve yours
  • mono08
    mono08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully written, you certainly are an inspiration!

Way to go!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    what a freakin awesome read! your writing is witty and frank, and i'm made up for you for coming so far! WELL DONE! :drinker:
  • annelise94
    Options
    Your writing style is amazing and your story is inspiring! You should be a writer!
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your story and can relate to so much of it, the love of food (and not the "good" foods lol), and hating to excercise! Fantasticly written, you are very funny, I truely enjoyed reading it.

I have to ask though what in the heck are kettleballs?
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post! So well written and from the heart. Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou: