How many cals are in your breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options

The calories aren't bad in my opinion. I'd swap out the Dannon light and fite caramel yogurt for plain greek yogurt. Way less sugar and lots more protein.

i agree with this above- 250-350 of 'good' protein and fresh fruit, whole grain, etc...is a fine breakfast, especially if you know you will have the right portions later in the day. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Most days it's around 200 to 500 cals, but some days I wake up very hungry and end up eating a little over 1000 cals for breakfast. It depends on it I am hungry or not :)

Eat when you are hungry luv!! it doesn't matter if it is in the morning or night your body will digest it and use it all the same :flowerforyou:
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually anywhere from 200 to 400. It just depends on how much time I know i'll have between breakfast and lunch.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My breakfast was 449 calories- organic breakfast casserole with ground pork, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and cheese. LOTS of protein and only 3 carbs :) I wouldn't worry about the amount of calories- but rather the content, and how long its keeping you full.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    mine are usually around 300
    oatmeal with a piece of fruit :)
    or toast with fruit
    and dont worry about fruit sugar, its not as bad for you
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    During the week, it's around 130 (cheerios, bit of 1% milk and strawberries/blueberries).....on my days off, I run around 200 (poached egg, toast, sugarfree jam)....I usually have a snack at work around 11 am, another small meal around 1:30, then supper after 7 pm....
  • katozdad
    katozdad Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I go over on sugar every day too, but if most of it is down to fruit then I don't really count it. I eat approx 500cal for breakfast every day, which includes either porridge or muesli, with extra fruit and a glass of orange. Apparently, the fruit increases your capacity to take on iron which is good for blood. I avoid tea for the first hour, however, because apparently that reduces your capacity to take on iron.
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is 861 calories every single day. Sometimes, if I have ridden by bike a long ways, with a big calorie burn (1000+), I might add a pastry to my breakfast too.

How do I get so high? Protein smoothie. Yum!

Best is that I ate breakfast today at 7:30 am. It is now almost 2:00 pm and I have not had lunch yet. But I am not starving.

What do you put in this magical protein smoothie? I would feel better about spending a lot of calories at breakfast if it could cut out my "morning snack"
  • abreakinthesurface
    Options
    My breakfast is usually around 200-400 calories depending on the day. But, as of late it has happened to be high in fat which i am trying to eliminate.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It's not too many calories, don't worry about that. However, I think it's too much sugar in one meal and not enough protein.

I never exceed 2 servings of fruit per day. My breakfast is usually between 300-350 calories.
  • ssfromal
    ssfromal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually around 300, 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled, and one greek yogurt. Occasionally I will add a whole grapefruit to it.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you want your day to go. My days involve eating around 7, 9, 11, 1, 3, 6, and 8. since I eat frequently my cals at 7, breakfast, 9, 1, 3, and 8 usually run around 200 calories. My 11 and 6 are around 600 calories. Eating like this I don't really have to work out to maintain and can splurge somewhere if I do workout.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Whether I eat waffles, cereal, or eggs with sausage...I try to keep it around 200-250cals.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    anywhere from 200-500 it depends on what I'm having for lunch and dinner
  • Dlynndavis
    Dlynndavis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! When you eat the hard boiled eggs, do you eat the yolks? Is the toast wheat or other grains? Just trying to find something different. I usually eat a 2cup bowl of cereal OR a 21g protein bar and work out at 10:30am. They hold me until about 2:30pm but I'm getting bored and I love peanut butter!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Mine's usually around 500-600cals.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    about 300 to 360. (maintenance phase).
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Mine are 220 to 235, depending on which creamer I use in my coffee, but I eat six times a day, so I try to more evenly distribute my calories.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    depends on what i eat....i usually have a cup of hot tea with 2tsps of sugar which is 30cals a 90calorie special K or i'll go for 2 tennesee pride mini turkey sausage biscuits which is 210 calories and my cup of hot tea again 30cals or i found these vita top muffins that are 100 calories those are pretty good!
  • gamehen2
    gamehen2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My breakfast, an egg omelet, is usually around 350 calories. I was a little concerned at first because it really reduces my allotment of calories for the remainder of the day and I am (used to be!) an afternoon snacker. But I've actually discovered a few things: #1 - I'm less hungry throughout the day, #2 - it's inspiring me to be sure to work out so I have more calories to eat and #3 - keeps my portions smaller so I can eat dinner.

Apparently my appetite, rather than being a bad thing, is motivating me instead.