Phentermine, Dont Judge Me!

Options

Replies

• Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What others have said is correct - you still need to watch calories to lose on phentermine, all it does is falsely suppress your appetite. What don't you do the same thing for your body the healthy way? Cut out all sugar & processed foods and break the insulin spike/craving cycle that makes you feel like you can't control your eating at work. Eat veggies, plenty of lean meats & healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, avocado), fruit in moderation - those things will satisfy your body and naturally control your appetite.

There are known risks to this drug, plus you physically can't take it forever, and as soon as you quit your cravings will come back. You have to learn how to properly fuel your body if you are going to have long-term success.
  • Deeanna21
    Deeanna21 Posts: 11
    Options
    I take it every once in a while. Its great to help control how much you eat, but I only take it when I feel like I will need it. For example if I know I am going to a family gathering or cookout and I know there is going to be tuns of unhealthy food I take it before the meal. Just as a warning, it does have addictive qualities. The effects can be very simmilar to the drug speed. But good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think you'll notice that everyone who has responded that they used this drug....HAS GAINED IT ALL BACK, AND THEN SOME. I used the drug for 3 months and lost 30lbs but then got pregnant so I can't say for sure, but I would think that after stopping it, if not watching what you eat and exercising....you will join our team LOL
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I started out eating about 1200-1800 calorie and did not exercise. I now exercise about 4 hours a week (2 hour Zumba) (2 30mins at the gym) and eat the same. Somedays I mess up and eat 2000-2500 calories. I loses weight all threw the week and then I gain it back when I go to work. I work 16 hour shifts two in a row, and I can not control my appetite when im there. So I gain back the couple pounds I lost in the week.

If eating too much while at work is your biggest issue, I would suggest preparing for that....
    You know you have a 16 hour shift - prepare proper calorie controlled meals beforehand, pack a cooler with you food and snacks and drinks for the day and take it with you....
    Do you have access to a microwave to heat it up and a fridge to leave the cold stuff? Then you have NO excuse not to do it...

Not sure what your job is, but there are very few places that a packed lunch (with ice packs or heat packs) can't go - you do get a lunch and coffee break somewhere inbetween don't you?
    good luck - and especially good health, because you are putting your health in danger with that stuff.....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I loses weight all threw the week and then I gain it back when I go to work. I work 16 hour shifts two in a row, and I can not control my appetite when im there. So I gain back the couple pounds I lost in the week.
    So... you take the Phentermine, lose what you want to lose, then you stop taking it and you get your regular appetite back. Then what do you do during your 16-hour shifts when you can't control your appetite?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My aunt took it and had great success. Im going to talk to my dr about it next month.
  • hunter691
    Options
    I did the Phen-Fen some years back and felt great, and lost weight. Then had to undergo all the heart tests to makes sure I was okay. Weight came back. Struggling with weight ever since. Did protein shakes and they worked but once you go back to normal eating, watch out, it does come back unless you are really watching what you take in and exercising.

I have since gotten a prescription for Phentermine but did not take it, because I feel that I need to do what has to be done naturally. Medicine works but you have to be really careful when you stop taking it, because the cravings do come back. It also makes your heart race so be careful. I have the medicine but feel that exercising and using this website and a healthy diet will be better for me in the long run.

Good luck, and don't ever let anyone judge you, we do what we have to do to in life, we must be true to ourselves and not worry about others.

Good luck.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I took phentermine before I had the LapBand. I lost a fair amount of weight, maybe 30 pounds. To do it, I suffered bad insomnia and became really *****y (my husband is a saint). Eventually the benefits went away (I got hungry again), and the side effects got worse. I did wind up regaining all the weight. I've tried phentermine since, and I go right back to where I was as far as the side effects and inefficacy are concerned. The same goes with other drugs of the same type. It's not a long-term solution, at least not for me. While it lasted, not being hungry was fabulous. I was hoping the band would have the same effect, but it doesn't. I still get very hungry.
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    You did say no hate mail. If people can't talk nice, they shouldn't say anything at all. I've never used it and I'm hoping that it works for you. I agree that overeating and obesity is a desease. My own addiction is sweets. Keep us updated on how you do and I really hope all goes well for you.
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, one last thing- from my own experience.

I felt like it made my immune system weak. There's no proof but we know our own bodies. When I would get the beginning signs of maybe a cold- it always got out of control and I would get very sick and it took a longer time to get better. I usually am in good health. Again, we know our own bodies and I just felt like it was weakening mine.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    . It is safe to take as long as you do it with a doctor.

That's what Michael Jackson thought too!

BTW... i'm not judging Im just pointing out that just because your doc gives it to you, it doesn't make it safe.
    Be careful and I wish you the best success with it.
    I will do almost anything to get this weight off and more importantly, keep it off. I've losty 100 lbs twice.
    Pills will not help keep the weight off.
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started out eating about 1200-1800 calorie and did not exercise. I now exercise about 4 hours a week (2 hour Zumba) (2 30mins at the gym) and eat the same. Somedays I mess up and eat 2000-2500 calories. I loses weight all threw the week and then I gain it back when I go to work. I work 16 hour shifts two in a row, and I can not control my appetite when im there. So I gain back the couple pounds I lost in the week.

If eating too much while at work is your biggest issue, I would suggest preparing for that....
    You know you have a 16 hour shift - prepare proper calorie controlled meals beforehand, pack a cooler with you food and snacks and drinks for the day and take it with you....
    Do you have access to a microwave to heat it up and a fridge to leave the cold stuff? Then you have NO excuse not to do it...

Not sure what your job is, but there are very few places that a packed lunch (with ice packs or heat packs) can't go - you do get a lunch and coffee break somewhere inbetween don't you?
    good luck - and especially good health, because you are putting your health in danger with that stuff.....

I tried all that. The problem is free food and I'm a binge eater. If it's there I will eat it. I can control the food around me at home. I would bring my healthy meals, eat them and what ever else was there. Im a CNA by the way.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    what does this pill do for you?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I tried all that. The problem is free food and I'm a binge eater. If it's there I will eat it. I can control the food around me at home. I would bring my healthy meals, eat them and what ever else was there. Im a CNA by the way.
    So this drug will prevent you from overeating?
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I tried all that. The problem is free food and I'm a binge eater. If it's there I will eat it.
    Then once again... how is that going to change once you stop taking these pills?
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't gained any weight I just cant lose. This is after a 24 pound lose. If I lose 30 pounds I can keep it off with maintenance. Over eating two days a week wont make me gain all the weight back.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    If you say so.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My aunt took it and had great success. Im going to talk to my dr about it next month.

I feel like a dog is telling me this. I like it.

No but really, I think you should explore all your options (dietician, trainer, etc) before resorting to phentermine. Medication should always be a last resort (unless we're talking about antibiotics for an infection).
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I took it last year and did well on it, but right after I stopped taking it, I gained all the weight back. To me it puts me back so far and it takes me too long to catch up again. Its not worth it for me.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I took it years ago. I had a bad reaction. Read the insert and be aware of what symptoms may occur, and do what you think is best for you. Best wishes.
This discussion has been closed.