Why is MFP better than Facebook?

Options

Replies

• Jbvbhl
    Jbvbhl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Facebook and MFP are about the same in my opinion. Both are filled with threads that look like they came out of a high school locker room... both have married people trolling for some grease on the side... both have inordinate amounts of naked torso dudes floating around... both have "drama" (just read the forums for 10 minutes, if you can seriously with a straight face say there is no drama on this site, you either cannot read, or do not understand what drama means)... and both highlight some of the darker areas of the human race in what we value.

However they both provide ways to stay in touch with people... like minded or not.

Carry on with the lulz.

I could not agree more! Perfectly said!
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is what Facebook used to be before it sold out to corporate advertisers and sponsors... We can actually communicate on here.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL
    lol....same
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The people I have on facebook are a mix of actual people I know.. and other people I have around just to promote my website and photos too.

I visit MFP and post more here than I do on facebook.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We all have positive goals and thoughts.

I switched to myfitnesspal along time ago. I was so fed up with trash talk, potty mouths and total dysfunctional people....What a shame .ruining FB for some. I really enjoyed connectiong with family and old friends....and that part I miss.
    So, now I hang out with positive uplifing people...I love you all!!! Thank you for making me smile:bigsmile:
    instead of cringe:sick:
  • funsiiz
    Options
    I love your reply :)so so true
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    Simple. People on Facebook are real where as you all are figments of my imagination.
  • funsiiz
    Options
    I used to post my positive days and how excited I was to workout.....All I ever read any more is about fighting and big mouths.
  • funsiiz
    Options
    :smile: , yes, ANd not feeling like someone is watching your every move.
  • kerrig73
    kerrig73 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Much more postive friends on MFP everyone is here for the same reason! :happy:
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Exercise and healthy eating has become such a big part of my life now. I don't think my facebook family/friends would appreciate my multiple posts of weight loss and exercises. So I definitely spend more time here than anywhere else. I maybe check my facebook page once a week at most only if I remember.
  • sassyjvg
    sassyjvg Posts: 32
    Options
    :smile: , yes, ANd not feeling like someone is watching your every move.
    I second that!!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Because on FB-Most are haters(well some here too) HAHAH...but majority are there, they want to know secrets to weightloss, it isn't liked unless you tell your business, You talk about the gym or fitness and put your workout there...get 3 replies out of 900 friends.....and most of the status are rants about all their business.....So much negative...I could go on and on...
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    simple no stupid drama on here
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not obligated to add all of my internet-illiterate relatives who take offense to every thing ever posted online.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Because none of my Facebook friends are on here. Duh.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    because nobody sends me requests to play some stupid farm game!!!! :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    MFP /would/ be much better without the "chit-chat, fun, and games" group :noway:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    because MFP isn't blocked from my work server! :)
    That, and the people here have common goals and are very supportive, encouraging and motivational. I don't see any "FML" posts going through my newsfeed here.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Facebook you put on a good front for friends, family and acquaintances....
    MFP you are brutally (disgustingly?) honest with complete strangers.