Why is MFP better than Facebook?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Is there really a reason to compare the two? I mean, it's not like an "either/or" situation.

To me, each site serves a clear and distinct purpose. I use MFP to track calories, to get motivation from others and to motivate others for diet and exercise purposes. Facebook is for my actual, real-life friends so we can keep tabs on each other's lives. The stuff I post on MFP isn't gonna be of much interest to my FB people, and the stuff I post on FB isn't gonna be of much interest to my MFP people.
  • GrooveVandal
    GrooveVandal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's better because I'm not the only fat person on my friendslist. :) And I mean that in the nicest way. I feel comfortable here with people who understand what I'm going through in my weight loss journey.

LOL this post tickled me! After studying my facebook friends list, im one of only 2 overweight friends! Damn, i suddenly prefer this site to facebook too! :o)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am closer to my MFP friends than I am with most of my FB friends. I acutally like my MFP friends :wink:
  • manasunshine
    Options
    i dleted my FB acc. n i love MFP. i agree with most of the people here, its cas people here have a goal so theres a purpose , i used to waste too much of my time at fb
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    MFP is a tool I am using to enrich my life.
    FB is a soul-sucking leach that slowly drains your life and will to do anything productive.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    On facebook I keep in touch with my friends and we laugh and joke about how drunk we were the last time we met and on MFP I'm all like "oh yeah I'm on a high protein diet and I eat clean" and I pretend to run and stuff. My RL friends would never believe that.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL

MEEEEE tooo!!! lol
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    There's a freeness of speech, people are passionate about health & fitness whereas this isn't the case with our friends and family.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    1. i dont in trouble with my grandparents for swearing in a status
    2. On MFP i can say i'm an astronaut lol
    3. Facebook doesnt have entertaining message boards...no i do not want to like your page just to post something sheesh
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL

Hahaha agreed. Now shhh lets hope they dont.
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    I don't get people judge me for all my good eating and fitness goals like I do on FB.
    I don't post much on there about it at all now as they just don't have the same goals/views as me..
    Its funny how one of my so called friends commented on how I'd changed and was a fitness freak when they also used to go to the gym 6 days per week and do double classes.. Pure jealousy on her part for not getting the results that I have from my hard work.. You can't just focus on exercise and not food, the two go hand in hand together..
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Cos its MFP and its just great!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Facebook you put on a good front for friends, family and acquaintances....
    MFP you are brutally (disgustingly?) honest with complete strangers.

Actually I partially agree with this...:-)
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Because were losing weight and not talking about peoples weight.