Does anyone on here eat junk food?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kpederslie
    kpederslie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do.. (my favorite is this cheese/carmel mix popcorn.. DELISH). I never TRY to make room in my daily goal, never sacrifice something healthy to make room for the junk. I also find that now that I am so aware of calories that I dont enjoy the junk as much as I used to. Kind of bums me out sometimes, because I dont enjoy all my favorites, but in the long run, its better for me to not.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I watch out for particularly bad ingredients... I NEVER eat anything with hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, or msg. I highly limit refined starches, sugars, and processed dairy. I find cutting out most of that junk makes me feel better, and have less cravings, as well as most natural health practitioners suggest staying away from that.

But I do really enjoy having treats like ice cream, organic dark chocolate, and homemade desserts. I'm not perfect with my eating habits though, and I'm still working on my artificial sweetener-filled drinks (energy drinks are my kryptonite lol), but after detoxing from processed food and slowly bringing my favorites back in, I've found that it's really helped me to control overeating on the wrong foods. :)
    If that's you smoking in your avatar, then detoxing processed foods should be a low priority over the smoking you're doing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition