My princess strikes again with the NSV!

Options

Replies

• LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    HOW SWEET!!! Sometimes kids can be SOOOOOO inspiring without even trying. And congrats from me, too!
    :glasses:
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Art Linkletter was right...Kids say the darndest things! Awesome NSV!
  • happypath101
    Options
    Awesome! I remember being scared when my Mom said she wanted to lose weight. I didn't think she'd be as good to hug if she wasn't squishy. My son assures me that non-squishy Moms give good hugs too. :O)
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of the best NSV I ever heard. Congrat on the progress
  • vkbartlett
    Options
    That is so cute and so very awsome. Congrats you so deserve it . :)
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awww, so sweet! Definitely better than any measuring tape! :smile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that is so adorable! I LOVE IT!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    You must be beaming from ear to ear :drinker:
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    ooh that's so sweet :)
  • Alifall414
    Options
    :happy: Awwwwwwww! That's wonderful! How cute!
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    It brought tears to my eyes, thanks for sharing!! I have an eight year old daughter too
  • FHerndon01
    Options
    Aww I LOVE IT!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that really made me smile! :D

She sounds like a sweetheart.... and congratts to you, I know how that feels.... when my daughter was able to easily lock her arms around me it was the best feeling ever.
  • LilmamaPipes
    Options
    This morning I was snuggling with my 8 year old and I asked her "can you take some more pix of me today?" (I've been having her take pix of me every few weeks as a way to gauge my progress since my scale won't move)

She replied tentatively and touched my belly softly, like she was afraid of hurting my feelings, "you're trying to.....lose pounds, right?"

I chuckled and replied, "yes," fully prepared (I thought) for whatever her 8 year old self was going to tell me about my efforts.

She immediately gave me a huge grin, lit up like a Christmas tree, jumped up on the bed and said excitedly, "Mom! I don't even have to take the pix - I know you're losing pounds. Do you know how I know?!?!?! Because when we first started taking those pix, and I would come and jump on you after work and wrap my arms and legs around you, I couldn't reach my arms all the way around, but yesterday when you came home and I came to jump on and hang on you like a leech, I was able to put my arms all the way around AND I was able to lock my hands together like this!" At which point she proceeded to demonstrate how she locks her hands around me:)

Who needs a scale OR a tape measure? My baby girl is measuring me with her hugs and "locking" her hands around me:)

While reading this, I honestly teared up. You are such a good Mommy, and you are raising a wonderful little girl. Be proud Mama. :)
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    So cute!
  • aionsnow
    aionsnow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Oh that's just sweet! What a wonderful girl you have and what wonderful progress you've made! :)
  • karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PRICELESS!!!!!!!! SO AWESOME!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ommmmmmg, let me have your child!! :laugh:
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How sweet!!!! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!