South Beach Diet, who else is in???

Options

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Someone mentioned starting in Phase 2, and that being acceptable? Is this the general consensus?

(Also, can anyone suggest websites with recipes etc? Thanks!)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned starting in Phase 2, and that being acceptable? Is this the general consensus?

(Also, can anyone suggest websites with recipes etc? Thanks!)
    The author's second books says if you're not experiencing horrible cravings AND don't have a lot to lose, it's okay to start in phase 2. Does that fit your situation? What's your story?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Just checking in...I'm curious to see how everyone is doing. Are you still on SBD? What's been the hardest part?

I'm 11 days in to doing my hybrid of South Beach + 21 Day Sugar Detox + Whole30 and feeling great. I would love to say that the cravings are gone, but they definitely come and go at will. I haven't given in though.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Just checking in...I'm curious to see how everyone is doing. Are you still on SBD? What's been the hardest part?

I'm 11 days in to doing my hybrid of South Beach + 21 Day Sugar Detox + Whole30 and feeling great. I would love to say that the cravings are gone, but they definitely come and go at will. I haven't given in though.
    I've never actually done SB. But my eating habits for the last 10-15 years are most closely aligned with SB. I'm currently traveling, and must say that SB does give me some pretty damned good strategies for travel foods. I can look at a menu and make good choices. And for that I'm thankful!
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Trying to do a version of SBD here in England - good luck to you all
  • 4theonesiluv
    Options
    *bump*
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi yall! I started SBD on Tuesday and am down 2.5 pounds already. I had hit a 2 month plateau watching/logging my food and exercise so this had definitely helped move things along! Good luck to everyone!!
  • evylangel
    evylangel Posts: 5
    Options
    hi everyone!I\
    I would like to join in, too. I did SBD a few years back and lost quite a bit of weigh. Ive been trying to get bacl on track but am having a reallu hard time going it alone.
    Im looking forward to starting over with a group of like minded people
    TTYS,
    Angel
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm still going. I'm on Day 18. I'm not exactly doing South Beach, because it was important to me to kick my sugar addiction and so I am not allowing myself any artificial sweeteners or sugar free stuff like you are allowed on SBD. But the rest of it is mostly the same.

I feel amazing and I'm getting results!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm still going. I'm on Day 18. I'm not exactly doing South Beach, because it was important to me to kick my sugar addiction and so I am not allowing myself any artificial sweeteners or sugar free stuff like you are allowed on SBD. But the rest of it is mostly the same.

I feel amazing and I'm getting results!
    Good for you! I don't do the artificial sweeteners either.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Hi yall! I started SBD on Tuesday and am down 2.5 pounds already. I had hit a 2 month plateau watching/logging my food and exercise so this had definitely helped move things along! Good luck to everyone!!
    Great! It's probably partly water (as you know), but it will be a good kick start for sure!
  • Noodle74
    Noodle74 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am starting this quest today, and hopefully I will stick with it. I'm not so much addicted to sweet stuff, but it's the carbs that kill me!!! Does anyone know if the Body by Vi Shakes can be used in Phase 1 with Skim or Almond Milk? And how can I track it here? Do I need to pay attention to the carbs or calories when I log my daily food? Thanks for the help in advance!!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am starting this quest today, and hopefully I will stick with it. I'm not so much addicted to sweet stuff, but it's the carbs that kill me!!! Does anyone know if the Body by Vi Shakes can be used in Phase 1 with Skim or Almond Milk? And how can I track it here? Do I need to pay attention to the carbs or calories when I log my daily food? Thanks for the help in advance!!

SB doesn't require you to track your food, just eat from the lists. I like to track so I am more accountable and so I eat enough. For the shakes you need to look at the ingredient list and make sure there is no added sugar. You are allowed 2 servings of low fat dairy per day. I prefer unsweetened almond breeze for smoothies.
  • evylangel
    Options
    I got on board today, FINALLY!!
    My breakfast today consisted of the SB Veggie quiche and coffee w/ almond milk, lunch was 4 slices of canadian bacon and a laughing cow wedge v8 juice and a dry salad. Dinner will be rotisserie chicken thigh and leg with steamed green beans, I will probab;y have a nsa fudge pop after dinner.
    TTYS,
    Amhel
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    My breakfast today consisted of the SB Veggie quiche and coffee w/ almond milk, lunch was 4 slices of canadian bacon and a laughing cow wedge v8 juice and a dry salad. Dinner will be rotisserie chicken thigh and leg with steamed green beans, I will probab;y have a nsa fudge pop after dinner.
    TTYS,
    Amhel
    Sounds like a good day. I couldn't do a dry salad, but good for you!
  • issyfit
    Options
    TTYS,
    Amhel
    Good job! you don't have to eat your salads dry--olive oil and vinegar (I like balsamic) is a great healthy option. And don't forget your morning and afternoon snacks--they help keep your blood sugar even throughout the day and stave off hunger.
  • evylangel
    Options
    Hi!
    I did a;ot of running around today, so I really didnt get a '[proper' meal in.
    Breakfast : 1c almond milk
    kunch south beach meal bar. diet coke
    dinner rotisserie chicken leg and thigh
    sauteed green beans
    mashed cauliflower
    snack tassimo chai tea latte
    OH, IM GONNA WAKE UP HUUUUNGRY!!! I didnt plan for any meals today, but tonight Im going to boil up some eggs, make my SB Quiche and ricotta muffins.
    Thanks for your input on my meal yesterday. Im hoping to see someone elses meals, too.
    Have a good night,
    Angel
  • issyfit
    Options
    Angel--feel free to view my diary.
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday. I did it a few years ago as a jump start to weight watchers and it worked. After having a medical issue and going through menopause I've gained the weight back and weight watchers is no longer working so I'm giving SB a try again hoping to be successful. There are a few groups on here that are on SB. I joined one today.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been on SB since the beginning of the year and have lost 30+ lbs. It is a great diet, I just found myself hitting plateaus more and longer than I liked because there is no calorie counting. (I also exercised very little). I just joined this site this week in order to start keeping track of my calories. I like seeing the calories in and calories out because it is motivating me to exercise more. I still plan on sticking with the SB diet plan though because I have never felt better for what I am putting into my body. Good luck to you!