How do you feel AFTER a binge

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You are invited to join this group. It is a non-judgemental place to talk about disordered eating behavior and especially binges. I find it extremely helpful to talk to other people with similar struggles. You are not alone. Please see links below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/376-binge-eating-support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/509705-march-april-bed-conversation-thread
  • 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    Once every two months I allow for ONE EVENING where I don't count any calories and eat/drink whatever I want. About a month ago I drank far too much alcohol and was worthless for two days afterward. So no more drinking at all. There's just no room in my life for it anymore.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    You are invited to join this group. It is a non-judgemental place to talk about disordered eating behavior and especially binges. I find it extremely helpful to talk to other people with similar struggles. You are not alone. Please see links below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/376-binge-eating-support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/509705-march-april-bed-conversation-thread
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks so much will check it out
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am going to put a link to this post and the next time cause I know unfortunately there will be a next time that I WANT to binge I can look at this thread and read it over and over again. Maybe that will help!

good idea! i will do the same.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    depressed, like a failure!
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    How many of you restrict yourself from specific foods on a regular basis, i.e. you adhere to clean eating, believe in bad foods, etc.?
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    How many of you restrict yourself from specific foods on a regular basis, i.e. you adhere to clean eating, believe in bad foods, etc.?

Not me but I think about doing that since IIFYM isn't working for me. Eating processed food trigger massive cravings which are otherwise tameable, when I don't give into them at all.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I get over it and move on. As long as it happens once in awhile so be it.
  • rcraig1403
    Options
    I feel trapped by my own mind, and my greed, and I want to curl up in my duvet and sleep it away and never go out again. I literally feel HUGE

the worst is I usually binge right before going on a 8 hour shift which starts at 3pm and y head literaly feels foggy
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I dont smoke, rarely drink, dont get high , don't do drugs or smoke dope........

My drug of choice is food and even for me, some one whos lost plenty, I can go ona 2 week binge and feel like crap for days after..........

I guess were all human, you need to eat food to survive.....its not like going cold turkey on cigarettes, or going into rehab to get off of crack or cocaine, .........food is a fuel for our body and we need it.......

I wished I could stop my bingeing, if anyone knows the answer, let us know

I feel horrible ,esp that I can gain 10 lbs in 2 weeks.............I retain water because I avoid processed, salt ladened foods, but after my bingeing of pizza, ice cream and chocolate, Ive gained tons of weight and my blood pressure goes up to......

its a Catch 22 situation........wished I could figure out why I binge eat too..............

THIS. I also go to a binge eating support group because I have diagnosed it as an eating disorder of mine that has spiraled from a history of other disordered forms of eating. It helps to know you're not alone. But food is my drug of choice for sure.
  • julezy
    julezy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel great after a binge?
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel great after a binge?

Well.. perhaps you should be more specific about what you define as a binge.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just binged for the first time since I started my workout and diet plan. I didnt really BINGE as much as I used to in the past...I mean, I ate a lot less than I could. But I ate at 3 am, and my binge cravings were killing me earlier. I should have just gone to sleep. I hate myself right now, like honestly, I'm mad at myself.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Feel like a big massive piggy...........Big belly that looks like I am pregnant
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    I hate it!! The worst part is that one single cookie makes me feel as bad.. I know its wrong but everytime I eat anything out of my diet, no matter how small it is I feel terrible, and I get depress and despertae nad that makes me eat more and more :(
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
  • Horsezee
    Horsezee Posts: 22
    Options
    energized and guilty.
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    like an *kitten*. everytime.
  • nicolafrench18
    Options
    Allow yourself to have treats every now and then, think of it as a reward for all your hard work! and if you think of it as a reward, it may encourage you to be more positive and then you'll only have one or two and not a binge! :)

I just ate waaaaay too many M&M's.. and a bag of lollies ahh. I feel so full and bloated, but also suprisingly good because it has just reaffirmed about why I don't need chocolate etc. I don't like feeling this way! So hopefully next time when I crave sweet foods I have a bit more control :D