I'm actually vegetarian so great to know about the protein/carb %. Thanks
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Get some digital scales, and weigh EVERYTHING
  • teekee2
    teekee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump - wanting to come back to read these! The few I have read are great things to keep in mind!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Don't use MFP calorie settings, they are too generic and cause you to under eat. Be sure to eat your BMR plus TDEE minus 15%

In my case, MFP is right on target. Not sure why some people say this.
  • JoHola
    JoHola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    " You will never regret going to your workout, but you will always regret missing it"

Love this post, thanks OP.

I agree with the calorie adjustment, MFP set me to 1200 but I manually changed it to 1440 and am losing.

My tips:
    Drink lots of water, weigh your food so you know exactly how many calories you are eating, log everything, don't overestimate your exercise, measure yourself as well as weighing yourself, support and motivate your MFP pals and they will do the same to you and remember that if you have a bad day then its ok, just get straight back on it. This is a lifestyle change and a long process but its a healthier journey and as each lb comes off or inch is lost - it makes you feel really damn good :smile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I cut out a lot of different drinks down to just drinking water and coffee! I'm sure that's helped because I used to love drinking sweet tea, flavored drinks, & soda!
  • KittyHeff
    KittyHeff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Going to go out this arvo and buy myself a descent scales to weight my food. My one is older than me I think!!
  • robert_rau
    Options
    Don't eat sugar. Very easy to lose weight.

www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Just keep going! Even when it sucks, even when it's hard, even when you don't want to ... keep going! Hard work, dedication!!!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Don't use MFP calorie settings, they are too generic and cause you to under eat. Be sure to eat your BMR plus TDEE minus 15%

In my case, MFP is right on target. Not sure why some people say this.

Lucky for you. MFP put my BMR at 1200 but when I had a professional BMR test done it came to 1700 - way off from MFP settings
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My Power team is.. P90X and Shakeology!!!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you and don't worry about what anyone else says!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    PATIENCE! :)

and take measurements and progress pictures... because the scale will not always be your friend. even when you've been doing "everything right."

here's some good newbie threads (some MFP, some not)

http://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/2011/05/skinny-fat/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo 

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Fuel your body. Don't avoid fat....almonds, peanut butter, olive oil, eggs are foods I eat all the time. I eat plenty and often. Oh, and I just got one, but a HRM is a great investment. Recently realized I was overestimating calorie burns my about 40% in most cases.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I had so many smart-*kitten* answers that I just figured it's too early to get in trouble!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I completlely agree !