Lost 15 pounds in one week???

Options
124»

Replies

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think with the makeover week and then the whole who is going and who is staying thing, the time frame was more like 2 weeks. I also wondered how much or little exercise they had done during most of that time. It is possible, that they didn't do much exercise in almost a week or more and maybe suddenly doing it again, shocked her body and she has a lot of muscle which burns more calories than fat. I don't particularly like Kim, at least she wasn't my favorite but in saying that, I am happy she won the car. Conda was such a whiner for so long and honestly I don't think Jeremy worked to his full potential, he still looks so big. I love the show but this was not a favorite season for me, I don't care for Dolvette and his ways. I wish they would show more of the nutrition and food to help the viewers learn more. As far as reality tv goes, it is far better than most other shows.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    water loading. she only lost 2 pounds her last weigh in

dont forget kim is a former wrestler she probably knows all kinds of tricks to drop pounds fast before a weigh in

This...for sure.

I was thinking that she threw the last weigh in to get all the loss on her final weigh in. I bet it was more like a total of the 17 pounds in two weeks...totally possible if you burn even 400 calories an hour at 10 hours a day.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    The amount of time they exercise equals a fulltime job. They workout 5-8 hours a day. That is how they lose so much in a short amount of time.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It has to be water. It would be different if she weighed 400 pounds, then 15 wouldn't be unreasonable. But that's just ridiculous!
    I lost 10 the first two weeks, and I can tell from how clothes fit and all that it's just water weight, from cutting all the crap processed food out of my diet (Which is pretty much ALWAYS high in sodium).
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just watched my DVR Biggest Loser today and said the same thing, knew others on here had to be thinking the same thing. No way! She looked gaunt and dehydrated to me.....I figured something isn't on the up and up there!
  • proctor78
    proctor78 Posts: 51
    Options
    Alot of them do keep it off and I see no reason to say its not healthy, if they came to my door I would go witht them in a heart beat...
    They work hard and burn calories just in a shorter time span....
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I do not watch this show at all but I can't imagine they will be able to keep the weight off once they go back home and are faced with family, friends, work, stress, and real food. Yeah it may be hard to work out 8 hours a day but if you have no responsibilities and they prepare your meals for you I imagine I would also lose the weight in no time but I wouldn't be able to keep it off, not realistically. :blushing:

This is why the biggest loser diet is known for weight regain. there is no way that anybody could sustain that unless that's what they do for a living.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that it was more than one week. You can tell when it's one week as in 7 days or one week as in 9 to 10 days. There are weigh ins where they lose only 2 to 5 lbs. Then weigh ins where they lose 15-20 lbs. Just can't be the same time period.... notice they don't say you have lost 10 lbs in one week, it's 10 lbs since your last weigh in.

But like everyone else says..... they are closely monitored by doctors, food prepared for them, wearing monitors to take care of heart rates etc. This is like the extreme healthy way to lose weight.

If I was worried about going home (like Kim this week) I would be working my butt off... doing extra sit ups, push ups, jogging in place in my room etc. I would have gone for the extreme for a chance at winning. Now in reality... not sure I would make it through the first week much less pass the physical to get on the show! LOL
  • RosemarieNovak
    RosemarieNovak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in TEN DAYS! - Eating creamed foods like Mushroom soup with the mushrooms strained out. - I also ate Sugar Free Instant Pudding, Ice Cream (plain vanilla) with a little Caramel Sauce on it, and drinking White 1% milk. - I was shocked when I stepped on my Dr's. scale 10 days later and I had dropped 20 TWENTY POUNDS! - It can be done! - Just stay under 1,200 calories when on the creamy foods. - I also had a Butterscotch malt during that 10 days. - I can't exercise because I'm in a wheelchair. - IT CAN BE DONE!
    :flowerforyou:
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    On top of the fact that the "week" may not have actually 7 days, she also only lost 2 lbs the week before, so I'm guessing that her body was just fluctuating and if you divide it over 2 different weigh ins, it's only an average of 8.5 lbs lost per week, which, although ridiculously high still, is more normal for the show. Especially when it could have been more than 1 week since the last weigh in.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So I watched the Biggest Loser last night and "Kim" managed to lose 15 pounds in one week... WHAT THE HELL?? How in the world do you lose 15 pounds in one week? She had both arms and legs so I know she didn't cut one off to get to that number... so really just curious how you all think she did this...?

The math is really simple. She ran a deficit of 15 * 3,500 calories in that week. Which is over 7,000 calories a day. She probably also protein-starved herself so her body would not be able to build any muscle at all from the massive amount of working out she was doing, and did a lot of anaerobic exercise so the muscles had no chance to heal between workouts.

I imagine most of her nutrients came from supplements, and she probably used a lot of stimulants to keep water flushed from her system rather than doing it by drinking more water.

I imagine she spent most of her waking time burning calories, being yelled at by coaches, feeling like crap because she's forcing her body to burn fat and muscle internally through starvation rather than allowing her body to drop into starvation mode like millions of years of evolution is screaming for.

She's probably knocked about 5 years off her lifespan, if not more, and can only get away with that because she's under the care of an array of doctors who probably all go home at night and cry at their daily violation of the Hippocratic Oath, except that if they weren't there the producers would probably LOVE to have someone kill themselves because the ratings for the memorial would put the show viewership through the ROOF.

I'm not blaming this woman for doing what she's doing - she wants fame and fortune and a shot at some money. But she's not losing weight for the sake of being healthy.

For all of you discouraged by people like this - don't be. This isn't a race - this is something you are doing for yourself, do it at your own pace, and do it right, and do it through hard work and perseverance. Because when you reach your goal, the only way you'll STAY there is if you've earned it. We don't appreciate the things that we are given, we appreciate the things we've EARNED.

And each one of you has EARNED every pound of loss you have on your little banners. Be proud of that.

LOL
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This season I think everything has been manipulated. Even the supposed walk out. I also think that may have been partly why Jillian made the decision to leave perhaps a couple seasons ago?? I used to love watching the show, but after this season I don't know if I can anymore. There is no way some one so close to goal can lose 15 lbs. The fact that the coniving Conda is still there at all with the drama she created is crap too...she'd have been gone any other season. The show is completely faked now...Just my opinion though.