40 Something - Need to lose 50lbs - Need some buddies!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Mamacass13
    Mamacass13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Anyone is welcome to add me as well - this site has been such a true help and inspiration in keeping me going on a daily basis. We are all here to help!!
  • cmbesse
    cmbesse Posts: 3
    Options
    So I know this sounds cliche, but I am starting Monday! I used MFP last spring and lost a steady 2 pounds a week, but stopped tracking and walking once my crazy summer started! This summer is much more relaxed and I really need to start eating better...I feel so much better when I eat healthy!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 47, and have about 60-75 more to lose. Focusing on tracking and exercising. I believe I will always eat junk. Just need to work it in and compensate with exercise. :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi any one can feel free to add if they wish
  • Estherjenny1
    Estherjenny1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose 60, but I think I'll make 50 lbs my goal for now. I started 5 days ago, and I'm going to weigh myself in 2 days. I fell off the wagon today, but I did really well all week, and I'm hoping I can control myself at the family easter meal tomorrow. Cross your fingers. I don't want to think about the 50-60 lbs I want to get off, I'm just going to take it week by week and hopefully I'll get there soon.
  • Browniety
    Browniety Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Feel free to add me as I also need to lose around 50 lbs. I also would like some support as I lose motivation easily :smile:
  • Nadibo2
    Nadibo2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used myfitnesspal in conjunction with my fitbit two years ago in order to lose 30 pounds for my son's wedding! I loved it! Thanks in part to a lovely little thing called menopause (I am 47 years old) I have gained bunch of weight recently. Time to get back on track with both myfitness pal and the fitbit again. I've never stopped wearing my fitbit...it's been on my body every day for two years, but I *did* stop tracking my food and that also contributed to my weight gain. I want to lose 25-30 pounds and keep it off! My goal is to be at (or very near) this ideal weight by the end of June when my love and I will be going to see Lady Gaga in Boston. I have a cute little number that I *NEED* to fit back into for that show! LOL
  • Estherjenny1
    Estherjenny1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starving! I am eating smaller portions, and eating only healthy foods, but I reach my calorie limit for the day, and I don't eat anything else. So hungry. Even an orange has 15 g of sugar, should I stop eating oranges? Don't know how to cut down anymore without starving. I'm always going to bed hungry because according to Fitness pal I can't have anymore calories. Not sure what to do.
  • Cukkie13
    Cukkie13 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am 46 and want to lose 40 lbs. Let's do this!! :)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My saving grace is exercise! Some people don't eat those calories but I do! I figure if I can lose while eating more now, it will serve me better in the future. I know I will need to cut back the calories as I lose but as long as I'm losing, I'm going to keep eating to satisfaction. Going to bed hungry is not acceptable to me mentally...I will wake up feeling queasy or starving and cram a bunch of calories in my face before I realize how much I'm consuming.
  • grandtiger
    grandtiger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hi! I too need to lose a few pounds. I would like to lose 50 to 60 lbs. I am 60 yrs. old so it is a slow process because of age but I am really determined this time. This is my second week and only loss ounces this week and was just a little frustrated because I am back at the gym excercising at least 4 days a week but hope to add more. We are busy making our cabin our home so we are extremely busy and its hard to get there but I am going to get better. My biggest motivation right now is we are going to Hawaii in February and I would love to look decent and be in better shape for all the walking we are going to be doing. So feel free to add me as a friend and we will knock this weight loss in the you know what!
  • hamstermom123
    hamstermom123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for buddies, too! Just joined a couple days ago and have a 30 lb goal. I'd love to grow my support circle and be a part of yours!
  • hamstermom123
    hamstermom123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My neighbor lost 40 lbs with MFP and didn't count calories of fruits and veggies. I'm trying that route first since I've used to eating closer to 2000+ calories and am allotted about 1300 now. I'm still hungry...but maybe it's just today. Yesterday wasn't as bad so I'm just going to take it one day at a time. We can do this!
  • moinas01
    moinas01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay I joined today. I am 50 and would like to lose 50lbs. Wanted to lose 50 by my birthday but here I am. I exercise 3 times a week but can't stop eating. I am going to start tracking. Would like to lose 20 lbs by July if I keep motivated. Here goes....:drinker:
  • kaminsw
    kaminsw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

You can all add me too as I want to lose at least 25 pounds. My fitmess pal works because I lost 25 and gained it back because I blew out my knee and turned 50 and my age is having an effect. I did Nutrisystem for about a month and just don't like the foods. I like this site much better and it's FREE!