Options
124»

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My dog died because of sugar.
    ha!

When I'm married, I'm going to make sure never to call my wife by "sugar" or even "honey". I know it's a long shot and words can't hurt us but I fear that she might somehow be plagued with the sugar sickness if I keep calling her that. And then her only hope is to detox to get rid of the sugar toxins.
  • cuervoferoz
    Options
    Thank you for this information. Some people ARE sugar sensitive and sugar of ANY kind can cause weight gain. If you have determined you ARE sugar sensitive. Track it, because it does matter to you.

Interesting, so while in a hypocaloric state some people will gain weight if they eat a little sugar? Have anything to back that up?

Personal experience. I AM sensitive to sugar. If you aren't good for you, but you can't claim that I am not because I am.

So your answer is no, you have nothing besides a personal anecdote to back up your claim. Gotcha

And you have what to support the belief that some people can't be sugar sensitive? Nothing besides your word. Gotcha

Strong reading comprehension, I never said people can't be sensitive to sugar. I only asked if while in a hypocaloric state sugar makes you gain and if you could actually substantiate such a claim. Which apparently you cannot

The problem is that you knew beforehand that they would not be able to substantiate this. In order to empirically prove that they were gaining weight while maintaining a caloric deficit they would have to perform a metabolic baseline test every single day, which is not realistic. You were plainly picking a fight. I would have ignored you.

The issue with running a continuous caloric deficit is that everyone's body responds differently. It is probable that this person's body responded by slowing its metabolism mroe dramatically than some other people's would have. Even if they continued to intake the suggested quantity of calories for their weight and activity level, they would have stopped losing weight and possibly started gaining weight. This effect can be partially or completely countered by controlling their carbohydrate intake (and by controlling I mean changing the types of carbs they eat, not eating less of them) and paying more attention to their protein/carb/fat intake (called a macro.) A good nutritionist should be able to provide good guidance on this.... a good nutritionist IMO is far more important than a physical trainer.
  • cuervoferoz
    Options
    Yes, it most likely is because you are going over on sugar. While dieting, you should only eat blackberries, blueberries, rasberries, and dewberries. NO other fruits, and only one serving of those a day. Try to stay under 30 grams of sugar a day. No fruit juice, and especially no dried fruit, as it has more sugar than fresh fruit, without the nutritional benefits. I weighed 180 after having my daughter, and I am now counting calories to maintain weight at 115 and possibly even put on weight, as I keep slipping under the healthy range. I can tell you from experience, that sugar will make you fat, and try consume 40%carbs 40%protein and 20%fat per day, customize your profile to that and you will see a change. Good luck!
    ^^^ NOT this!!! It scares me how careless people are with giving out blatantly incorrect advice! Bananas apples oranges are all good for you as well!

AGREED! I can't believe some of the advice I am seeing on this forum.

There is absolutely no reason to eat rasberries over other fruit with a similar GI and GL.... lets say an apple.

Rasberries have a Glycemic index of 40 and a Glycemic Load of 5 (for 1 cup)
    Apples have a Glycemic index of 32 and a Glycemic Load of 5 (per 1 apple)

If anything apples would be better to eat (in relation to glucose content to relative mass.)

Also..... I really, really hope no one actually believes you need to eat certain foods based off of your blood type.....
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Try to stay under 30 grams of sugar a day.
    Curious - where does that 30 gram figure come from?

It is the standard recommended daily allowance for a woman (24-30g's)

Could you please point me to where that standard is listed? I haven't been able to find an RDA for sugar on the USDA/DHHS site or other US government sites. (I've trying to chase this down for weeks now, and it's driving me nuts.)